• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Chelsea are now 5 points clear of us. Arsenal beating us on Monday obviously so 6th is our best shot at Europe. Sadface :(

Wes

venison crêpe
WEIMANN!!!!

I've been waiting for him and gardner to break through in to the first team. Birth of a future star?

If Stoke wasn't so shit, Chelsea would get a draw at best. Di Matteo is lucky.
Whilst we weren't great I disagree. I think against a team who actually play football we would have had more space for clear cut chances. Obviously the risk against a team who actually play football is that they would of caused us more trouble.

I find it hard to take much away in the form of analysis from any team who play stoke.

sohois

What an awful, awful Liverpool performance, most of the draws and losses have come in games where Liverpool have been dominant and failed to score, here there was just nothing. Sunderland did get a big slice of luck to win and really it should have been a draw but that's still unacceptable.

One thing I hope after this game is that Adam plays every minute of the rest of the season, because the scapegoating of him by Liverpool fans is absolutely absurd. He was poor last week, but this time Kuyt, Spearing, Henderson, Kelly, Coates & Enrique were all worse then he, the only reason I can see that he is getting more criticism than them is that he was the only player who really had much time on the ball, the only player actually trying to do something. The only players to emerge with any kind of credit from the game were Skrtel, unsurprisingly, and Carroll who did very well in his short run out. It really is baffling to me that after a string of good performances he was dropped for the Arsenal game and this one.

ShogunX

Chelsea are now 5 points clear of us. Arsenal beating us on Monday obviously so 6th is our best shot at Europe. Sadface :(

Have to start somewhere. Can see Newcastle putting together a decent run in the Europa league if the home games sell out like the league games do.

So I guess no one is going to call Kenny king again?

LOL

He will always be King Kenny to the fan base because of what he did on the pitch not what he has done in his time managing the club. Carry on.

ElyrionX

He will always be King Kenny to the fan base because of what he did on the pitch not what he has done in his time managing the club. Carry on.

Gee, if that's the case, I wonder why I'm now seeing a lot less "King Kenny" on my Facebook news feed, in the news headlines and in this thread compared to when he first came on and won a couple of games.

Also,
no shit Sherlock.

God, I'm so sick of Sam's style of football, it's killing our chances of automatic promotion, especially while teams like Reading and Southampton are gaining so much ground with the type of game we should be playing. We're just so goddamn negative, as evidenced by the fact that after we went 1 up in the first ten minutes, Doncaster looked totally shell-shocked, yet with 15 minutes until half time Sam had us sit back and play keep away when we should have been trying to press our advantage.

I remember all the Bolton fans telling us how much we'd love Sam once we started winning games, and yeah, I'm glad he's kept us in a favourable position up to this point, but we've only ever looked convincing, competent and dangerous maybe four or five times this season, the rest of the time we've been exactly the sort of team every West Ham fan feared we'd turn into under Sam's management style.

Jon Champion is a decent commentator but the people they have with him are bloody terrible.

Also, I am pleased we won, although seemingly we didn't create much.

ElyrionX

I was looking through some of the earlier football threads. Thought this was an awesome post:

Opus Angelorum said:
I love how Liverpool were considered 'contenders' only a few weeks back. They are a top ten team, nothing more. Very poor discipline and overall attitude.

King Kenny?

And the responses:

Shogun PaiN said:
Still very early in the season for the daft talk but then I suppose it's part of the game for people to lap up and then spout pure bullshit either way. Only takes a run of good results to get back in contention for the European places so lets at least save the writing off of any team at least until Christmas.

odd_morsel said:
:lol whatthefuckisthisshit.gif

PaulLFC said:
:lol You're an idiot. Judging an entire season off less than five games, unreal.

One thing is for sure; Liverpool and its deluded fans never fail to entertain!

Lightning

Banned
I want to laugh at Liverpool but I will wait until we actually beat Newcastle before I do that.

Hopefully City can squash Chelsea next week which will be great especially after Napoli knock Chelsea out of Champions League.

ShogunX

I was looking through some of the earlier football threads. Thought this was an awesome post:

One thing is for sure; Liverpool and its deluded fans never fail to entertain!

Probably one of the worst trolling attempts I have seen in my few years on GAF. How exactly can it be deluded to say a good run of results put you back in European contention? Up until last weekend fourth was a possibility for Liverpool.

Not even trying. At least find posts were somebody said we were going to win the league or finish above Man Utd. You know something that would actually make somebody look daft because there are definitely posts out there.

Mastadon

Banned
I have nothing better to do with my time than trawl through old threads in a poor attempt to troll.

Pity me GAF

Gone ahead and fixed that for you. The replies you posted were perfectly reasonable at the time. Please go ahead and send Chriswok a PM. He has vast experience in Liverpool baiting, you could use the help.

Fady K

Not so bad by Chelsea today to be honest. We hit the post three times and forced Begovic into a couple of good saves. Even before the red card to Fuller we were pleasing to watch. One thing's for sure, much more enjoyable than the Chelsea playing in the final 2 months of AVBs reign. We also created far more genuine chances than we did in recent PL games.

I think that Mass Effect 2 is one of the best games games of this gen.

Well, Mass Effect 3 is so far one of the best games I've ever played.

And don't worry, the story is more like first one, is better written and decisions have actual consequences.

OH HO! You got me as excited as ever :D!! Enjoy it bro.

So far, it's way way way better than ME2. ME2 is crap so this corrects a lot of things that they messed up on in that game.

For example the writing is SO GOOD. I've laughed so much at the dialogue because it's genuinely funny. Characters are written very well. Not much "daddy issues" and pointless loyalty shit in this one. It's about the war. It's awesome.

Vanguards are monsters.

You're killing meeeee that's so awesome to hear! I hear the ending leaves much to be desired though. Can't wait!

Fady, what difficulty you playing ME2 on? Im doing my insanity run on PS3 now. Still recruiting.

I'm playing on the normal difficulty Feorax as it is my first time. Did you start it on insanity from the first time :0?? I am recruiting as well, but I explore the galaxy as much as possible to tackle all the side missions first. Game is great!

I don't understand why it isn't given back to the team that had the ball though, that's my gripe. Why Bilbao got a free kick they subsequently scored from (with the help of poor defending of course) is beyond me.

That's true, was quite odd. However, I also found it odd when Smalling pulled down a Bilbao player, and it should have been a penalty IMO, yet United got a free kick! The errors were on both teams I guess.

Nice goal 1-0

untitled-11xxutj.gif

I loved the goal, very nice ;) Thanks Sunhi.

Got around to watching my second EPL game ever (Bolton vs QPR). Good stuff there at the end. Watching a stream of Everton vs Tottenham now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom