• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Spurs can do far better than this. Though credit to Everton, they have been on a good run. Why are you banned during such an occasion Farid :[?

Got around to watching my second EPL game ever (Bolton vs QPR). Good stuff there at the end. Watching a stream of Everton vs Tottenham now.

Second :0? What leagues do you usually watch?

20120310-jwat32mqjm5ta927i8jy5t6axt.jpg

Fady K

Xintin did you watch today's match? If so what did you think? I thought we were pretty good for 80% of the match actually! Good chances, faster play, decent defending, more "attacking football" than usual, a great free kick by Mata, a wonderfully set up goal...not bad.

Also, Luiz as a right back. Yes, finally.

xintin

Xintin did you watch today's match? If so what did you think? I thought we were pretty good for 80% of the match actually! Good chances, faster play, decent defending, more "attacking football" than usual, a great free kick by Mata, a wonderfully set up goal...not bad.

no I missed it, only caught updates on gamecast. hopefully I can catch a replay later today on FSC. I like what RDM is doing so far though, changing tactics, not afraid to shake the lineups around (Mata on the bench was a bit of a shock). From your description though, us being able to put on an attacking display against a team like Stoke, and their style of play, is a good thing.

Moobabe

Hello you

ElyrionX

Probably one of the worst trolling attempts I have seen in my few years on GAF. How exactly can it be deluded to say a good run of results put you back in European contention?

That is, in fact, a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

But when I said deluded, I was referring to the unrealistic expectations (such as expecting their team to challenge for the title in the past few seasons and in this season, to be challenging for a CL slot) that Liverpool fans generally have had of their team for many years now which is exemplified by the posts I quoted. And this is despite the consistent empirical evidence of the club's lack of sucess on the pitch. If this isn't the definition of delusion, then what is? The poster said Liverpool is "a top ten team, nothing more" and was greeted with vehemence by fans who believed that their club is more than what he said it was. Can anyone really say he is wrong now?

This is called "reading between the lines". Is it really that hard?

ElyrionX

Gone ahead and fixed that for you. The replies you posted were perfectly reasonable at the time. Please go ahead and send Chriswok a PM. He has vast experience in Liverpool baiting, you could use the help.

Read my response above.

I guess I was expecting too much from the Liverpool fans in the intelligence department. I get it. I will make my points easier to understand next time.

ShogunX

That is, in fact, a perfectly reasonable thing to say.

The poster said Liverpool is "a top ten team, nothing more" and was greeted with vehemence by fans who believed that their club is more than what he said it was. Can anyone really say he is wrong now?

This is called "reading between the lines". Is it really that hard?

The post were in response to somebody writing off Liverpool after five games which is silly to do to any club. A lot of people including non Liverpool fans thought we would have a go at fourth place this year and up until last weekend it was still a possibility.

Where are these Liverpool fans who think we can win the league?

Like I said earlier it was a poor attempt to troll and you could do with a few lessons from our rival fans on here. let's not for one minute now pretend that you wanted a serious discussion, Nothing worse than somebody backtracking.

So am I understanding properly that if things stay as they are right now at the end of the season QPR, Wolverhampton, and Wigan will get relegated to a lower league?

Wilbur

Banned
You're doing it wrong Elyrion, watch:

Kenny smells and Suarez has bad teeth and Mastadon has a tiny penis, and Glen Johnson's hair is befitting of a League Two player

Moobabe

What's happened to Spurs recently? Few weeks ago they were flying and I assumed they were a lock for that third place. Look a bit lost since that Arsenal defeat.

Injuries, suspensions and the like - I think they could be in trouble for the top 4 if we can pull some damn results out of our asses.

Mastadon

Banned
Read my response above.

I guess I was expecting too much from the Liverpool fans in the intelligence department. I get it. I will make my points easier to understand next time.

Wow. After our strong end to last season, and considering the fact we spent £100m on players, how exactly was it a stretch to put Liverpool getting a CL spot? If you look at the second post in the thread, there's a summary of everyone's league predications. Go ahead and look how many non-Liverpool fans had us in 4th or higher.

Wilbur

Banned
a) Why do you say that? What's QPRs reputation?
b) What's the lower league called?
c) What teams are most likely to move up?

a) QPR haven't helped themselves by having two wankers in succession as a manager, mental owners, and moneybags that make them think they're better than they are. Also a few of their players are dicks
b) confusingly, the next league is the NPower Championship and is followed by League One and League Two. We don't know why.
c) Southampton and West Ham should be the trams to come up automatically if I had to bet.

a) Why do you say that? What's QPRs reputation?
b) What's the lower league called?
c) What teams are most likely to move up?
a) Well they're a rival London club to Chelsea, but we got duped when we played them at their ground earlier in the season.
b) The Championship
c) Not sure, I don't follow the Championship too closely.

Lightning

Banned
Injuries, suspensions and the like - I think they could be in trouble for the top 4 if we can pull some damn results out of our asses.
If Spurs miss out on the CL spot because they fuck it up in the coming months then I hope they can get use to the "Modric is leaving" rumors that will plague their transfer window because that's exactly what will happen.

ShogunX

a) QPR haven't helped themselves by having two wankers in succession as a manager, mental owners, and moneybags that make them think they're better than they are. Also a few of their players are dicks
b) confusingly, the next league is the NPower Championship and is followed by League One and League Two. We don't know why.
c) Southampton and West Ham should be the trams to come up automatically if I had to bet.

For point (B) I'm sure it was renamed to be more attractive for sponsors or something along those lines anyway.

If Spurs miss out on the CL spot because they fuck it up in the coming months then I hope they can get use to the "Modric is leaving" rumors that will plague their transfer window because that's exactly what will happen.

Would take a fuck up of epic proportions for Spurs to miss out on the CL but if they did what would happen to the Harry for England stories?

Wilbur

Banned
Nothing wrong with the nPower Championship. Great league.

And winning it definitely counts as a trophy.

It is a great league, very unpredictable

Also Charlton were 4-0 down at home to Northampton at one point today after only losing once at home all season. Lot of fun in the lower leagues

immy

Banned

Na it's all about Reading <3 reading fc

Yen

Read my response above.

Seriously, this is the worst trolling attempt Football-GAF has seen. Lunchbox or Chriswok do it well.

Fur_Q

Read my response above.

You wanna see delusional.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

I have found that most of scouseGAF are reasonable and well thought out fellas and no where near as bad as the pondscum that frequents that mad house.

Sunderland is a hard place to go especially now under the reign of MON, City lost there ffs, admittedly in the worst part of our season.

Fur_Q

This needs to be posted though.

Roy Hodgson PL record -
P17 W6 D4 L7 22 points. Sacked

"King" Kenny last 17 PL games -
P17 W5 D6 L6 21 points. Messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom