• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was expecting a repeat of Spurs but AP actually did the right thing by not playing Cisse.

It's just a shame that Obertan was on. He sucks.

And yet Obertan's role in the first half (when we actually tried to attack and play football) was vitally important to creating space in the middle and opening a passing channel to Ba.

Yen

Walcott wearing a Newcastle shirt. That's an insult to us.

To be honest, we either need new players or we need to sack Pardew. The team doesn't understand the concept of possession. We can't pass the ball to save our lives.

Sack him.
Kyoufu said:
I understand your team has never been to Europe, or even ever challenged for a spot, but Newcastle slipping down a division once doesn't really make them a Championship team or anything. We're one of the biggest clubs in the country. Expectations have been high since Sir John Hall bought the club.

This is Manager-esque.

Kyoufu

And yet Obertan's role in the first half (when we actually tried to attack and play football) was vitally important to creating space in the middle and opening a passing channel to Ba.

Ba didn't get to do anything. He won a lot of long balls but did he even get 1 attempt at goal?

This is Manager-esque.

Perhaps I was too salty, but is it too much to ask for the ball to be passed around?

Wilbur

Banned
Perhaps I was too salty, but is it too much to ask for the ball to be passed around?

I think it is when you're away at Arsenal. Until the 95th minute, a point would have been a great result. Cabaye and Tiote are great but Tiote's been a dickhead since he came back from the ACON, Ba hasn't exactly shone either. Get a consistent and competent right winger and full backs and you're in much better shape.

LOL

1st half we attempted football, which was the half I was referring to. Obertan's movement from the middle to the wing's created space in the middle when Song tracked him. This opened a passing route to Ba.

OK, so the final shift from Ba to goal rarely happened, but it did lead to Ben Arfa's goal.

2nd half Newcastle reverted to the hoofball we've been playing for 4 months. No idea why its happening giving that nothing comes from it. We sat and did very little and basically dared Arsenal to try and win the game - which they did.

Be constructive with your after match posts, rather than just smashing the keyboard with emotions and rants.

Hixx

i5GVYzKuwAlt7.gif

is this what upset Krul?? What is he even doing at the end? Looks like when people make a shadow puppet of a bird or something.

offshore

Chriswok said:
2nd half Newcastle reverted to the hoofball we've been playing for 4 months. No idea why its happening giving that nothing comes from it
Tonight, the team probably sees Ameobi come on and they think "I know, let's hoof it to him and he'll hold it up". I think he managed to hold it up about three times.

And Kyoufu, go and get laid. You'll feel better...

1st half we attempted football, which was the half I was referring to. Obertan's movement from the middle to the wing's created space in the middle when Song tracked him. This opened a passing route to Ba.

OK, so the final shift from Ba to goal rarely happened, but it did lead to Ben Arfa's goal.

2nd half Newcastle reverted to the hoofball we've been playing for 4 months. No idea why its happening giving that nothing comes from it. We sat and did very little and basically dared Arsenal to try and win the game - which they did.

Be constructive with your after match posts, rather than just smashing the keyboard with emotions and rants.

a nearly-successful attempt to keep the 1-1, can't really blame parking the bus. we were dominating in the 3nd half, but there are plenty of history of us dominating and ending up with nothing and screwing up royally.

btw, my heart skipped a beat when vermie scored and van persie, if only he hasn't been that injury-prone all these time...

Wilbur

Banned
He's cracked for good: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/12/kenny-dalglish-kit-deals-liverpool

Kenny Dalglish has launched an impassioned defence of his record at Liverpool, claiming he should not be judged by the club's league position alone and that kit deals are as important as victories.

"The club is now where it was before – each one for each one, everybody in it together," said the Liverpool manager. "There are many ways you can judge a season and the best way is progress at the football club as a whole. I don't think it necessarily relates to trophies or points.

"You can measure it by how the club has progressed and where it is, from the first team to the kids. Off the pitch, especially, the club is a lot stronger than what it was. You go off the pitch and see how much money we are getting through sponsorship and kit deals [the club signed a deal with US-based Warrior Sports in January worth a potential £300m over six years].

rodvik

i5GVYzKuwAlt7.gif

is this what upset Krul?? What is he even doing at the end? Looks like when people make a shadow puppet of a bird or something.

Looks to me like he is pointing at the Arsenal fans that end and doing the bow gesture to them, I seem to recall he has done that before.

a nearly-successful attempt to keep the 1-1, can't really blame parking the bus. we were dominating in the 3nd half, but there are plenty of history of us dominating and ending up with nothing and screwing up royally.

btw, my heart skipped a beat when vermie scored and van persie, if only he hasn't been that injury-prone all these time...

Yeah, 1-1 draw away to Arsenal would have been a good result, but it never really felt like we even tried in the 2nd half. I think its that which bugs me. Then in the 95th minute of all minutes we decide to commit 6 players within a 10 yard box of in the corner, only for Danny Simpson to give a terrible throw in, dive, feign injury and walk back in recovery.

I wouldn't be too critical if it wasn't for the fact that Danny Simpson is a serial offender when it comes to lazy recovery runs. He's so keen to attack, yet when he gets into that opposition half he doesn't know what to do so just hits a poor cross into the box.

FootballFan

i5GVYzKuwAlt7.gif

To me it looks like he is pointing to Krul and gesturing to slow down(as in keep wasting more time). Haha.
Like a "waste time now, take your time clown" sorta thing.

vall03

fuck yes! Arsenal won! 1 point behind Spurs! Also, just noticed, our recent wins are games where we always came from behind and three stoppage time winners. So what? we just need an own goal and then we'll start playing properly for the rest of the game? lol

anyway, whats this issue with Van Persie and Krul?

Kyoufu

fuck yes! Arsenal won! 1 point behind Spurs! Also, just noticed, our recent wins are games where we always came from behind and three stoppage time winners. So what? we just need an own goal and then we'll start playing properly for the rest of the game? lol

anyway, whats this issue with Van Persie and Krul?

Van Persie said stop wasting time.

Krul replied "you're wasting your time at Arsenal"

Carbonox

Just got back from the pub after drowning my sorrows. Couldn't be more pissed off (despite Arsenal deserving the win) with that result. I was so happy to take the draw given how bad we were but the finale and Pardew's horrific sub/line up decisions. Oh, and I'd spark Van Persie if I'd ever see him. Fuck anyone defending that cunt.

Wilbur

Banned
Van Persie said stop wasting time.

Krul replied "you're wasting your time at Arsenal"

van Persie replied "you're wasting your time trying to seduce Kyoufu, he's spiralled into deep depression and has already eaten four Pot Noodles since half time.

Oh God at least Adam has some sort of technique,

BUT

Bebe has scored in the Champions League.

DEAD RUBBER

Its getting to the point I don't even want to watch the match if this guy is starting. Because I'll end up getting frustrated and want to throw the remote at the TV screen.

Wilbur

Banned
Its getting to the point I don't even want to watch the match if this guy is starting. Because I'll end up getting frustrated and want to throw the remote at the TV screen.

Sadly, this happens in every United game, because Evra is playing. He's been awful for ages now, it makes me sad :(

Just got back from the pub after drowning my sorrows. Couldn't be more pissed off (despite Arsenal deserving the win) with that result. I was so happy to take the draw given how bad we were but the finale and Pardew's horrific sub/line up decisions. Oh, and I'd spark Van Persie if I'd ever see him. Fuck anyone defending that cunt.

Van Persie is Godly though he didn't do much wrong for me today.

Carbonox

Van Persie is Godly though he didn't do much wrong for me today.

There is no doubting his playing quality. I am always in awe at how he's ALWAYS in the right place at the right time.

His personality and behaviour though? An absolute cunt. I've yet to meet a person who wouldn't want to wipe the smug look off his face unless they were Arsenal diehard bandits who would rather lick the sack of Wenger than say one single bad word about anything to do with the team.

Wilbur

Banned
There is no doubting his playing quality. I am always in awe at how he's ALWAYS in the right place at the right time.

His personality and behaviour though? An absolute cunt. I've yet to meet a person who wouldn't want to wipe the smug look off his face unless they were Arsenal diehard bandits who would rather lick the sack of Wenger than say one single bad word about anything to do with the team.

Really? Never struck me as a wanker

What other examples of his flawed personality are there besides your biased view of his actions tonight?

Kyoufu

Tbh, RVP didn't really do anything wrong. Krul is a colossal time waster. They should just change the rules so keepers don't get away with it as much as they do.

Carbonox

What other examples of his flawed personality are there besides your biased view of his actions tonight?

What bias? I see he was a little angel to you then.

I'm not saying he's like this 24/7, I'm saying that he can be an insanely dislikeable figure on the pitch when he wants to be. For me, to a point where I can hate no one else more.

He's a troll of the worst kind when the situation presents itself. He sure as shit gets a reaction out of me and I couldn't be more happier to display such a response.

Messi

:D :D

Great start to the week!

Wanted to ask you Messi, me and my bro are thinking of going to Barcelona to watch Messi play :p

Do you know any good/reliable sites for tickets?

Not sure anyone answered you, but I only ever used the official barca site, I don't trust others when I am spending 500 odd euro for flights, accom and tickets. Only ever got the tickets I wanted too. front row :). Pick a seat you want and keep checking back as the date gets closer, it will pop up. members send back tickets and they go on general sale. I read recently about 30,000 tickets are on sale 48 hours before the game. So even if you go without tickets and go up to the stadium early in the day of the game. You WILL get a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom