• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Not sure anyone answered you, but I only ever used the official barca site, I don't trust others when I am spending 500 odd euro for flights, accom and tickets. Only ever got the tickets I wanted too. front row :). Pick a seat you want and keep checking back as the date gets closer, it will pop up. members send back tickets and they go on general sale. I read recently about 30,000 tickets are on sale 48 hours before the game. So even if you go without tickets and go up to the stadium early in the day of the game. You WILL get a ticket.

Here's the thing; it's virtually impossible to get a Clasico ticket but I was looking at their price brackets and the whole fucking A++ thing is stupid. Granada tickets are quite cheap but I don't really want to go and see Barca roll over some team and it not be entertaining if you know what I mean? I almost suggested to our parents couldn't we go Valencia where the weather's a bit nicer and they'll give Barca a game?

NeoGAF Npower Championship had a thrilling first two weeks as we cruise into weeks three and four! Here is the table so far (note, some week three games have been played)!

iH4ZGNqPLiSNv.png

As always, come in and visit, and support the league!

We're in a real scrap for 3rd now. Spurs have been unlucky in that they have made 4 defensive errors in the last 2 games and been punished brutally each time, I'm sure with a less taxing run of games we will start notching the points again. Arsenal still have to go to Stoke, Everton and host Chelsea and City at home, all fixtures we've got out of the way. Fair play to Arsenal though, they have shown great spirit and deserve to be where they are.

Well said.

Wilbur

Banned
Should have bought Tommy Oar from Utrecht.

Beats me how you would buy an Australian from the Eredivisie who is not Tommy.

Alex McLeish.

READING IN THE GAF LEAGUE HAHAH FUCK YOU IMMY, MAKLER (apologies if this isnt your name) WILL NEVER SUPPORT THEM WITH PITIFUL PERFORMANCES IN THE ONLY LEAGUE THAT MATTERS

Just got back from the pub after drowning my sorrows. Couldn't be more pissed off (despite Arsenal deserving the win) with that result. I was so happy to take the draw given how bad we were but the finale and Pardew's horrific sub/line up decisions. Oh, and I'd spark Van Persie if I'd ever see him. Fuck anyone defending that cunt.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messi

Here's the thing; it's virtually impossible to get a Clasico ticket but I was looking at their price brackets and the whole fucking A++ thing is stupid. Granada tickets are quite cheap but I don't really want to go and see Barca roll over some team and it not be entertaining if you know what I mean? I almost suggested to our parents couldn't we go Valencia where the weather's a bit nicer and they'll give Barca a game?

Well, yeah Valencia will more than likely be a better game. It is possible to get clasico tickets. I was looking this past year (well the copa atleast) and 2 days before you could nab a pricey ticket. I love seeing barca play any team. I have seen Villareal (I loved this game, it was my first ever and there was 97,000 people there, the others were around 70-80,000),Betis and a CL game against Viktoria Plzen (where messi tried fucking everything to score). If I were you I would pick going to the nou camp for any game vs seeing them in another stadium. The atmosphere in the nou camp is amazing.

Lets be honest, barca will likely steamroll any team in the nou camp this year. Away they have been real shaky this year. its why we are losing the league.

rodvik

Should have bought Tommy Oar from Utrecht.

Beats me how you would buy an Australian from the Eredivisie who is not Tommy.

I am actually happy about Brett Holman. He is the kind of player we need for our squad depth plus at last we have signed someone who is not in the UK/Eire.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, yeah Valencia will more than likely be a better game. It is possible to get clasico tickets. I was looking this past year (well the copa atleast) and 2 days before you could nab a pricey ticket. I love seeing barca play any team. I have seen Villareal (I loved this game, it was my first ever and there was 97,000 people there, the others were around 70-80,000),Betis and a CL game against Viktoria Plzen (where messi tried fucking everything to score). If I were you I would pick going to the nou camp for any game vs seeing them in another stadium. The atmosphere in the nou camp is amazing.

Lets be honest, barca will likely steamroll any team in the nou camp this year. Away they have been real shaky this year. its why we are losing the league.

I'd love to go to a Clasico but they're just so expensive :/ and I agree, part of going to Barcelona is to go to the Nou Camp and it would be brilliant to see any player of course. I suppose I'm just overthinking things and trying to fit in seeing Messi and Ronaldo in one game I guess. Thanks Messi, I think we're looking into it around next April or so.

immy

Banned
Alex McLeish.

READING IN THE GAF LEAGUE HAHAH FUCK YOU IMMY, MAKLER (apologies if this isnt your name) WILL NEVER SUPPORT THEM WITH PITIFUL PERFORMANCES IN THE ONLY LEAGUE THAT MATTERS

Haha, not sure who's playing as reading in that league. They need to step up their game :p

What have you guys thought of Rosickly in the last 3-4 games?

He loves a tackle and is actually pretty good at it. Box to box midfielder. I remember a few years ago he had great pace with the ball at his feet and he was part of that fantastic midfield a few years ago with Hleb, Flamini and Cesc. I hope he gets more games but I'm not sure what Wenger will do when Wilshere comes back to fitness as the two are very similar in how they play. Personally I'd rather see

Rosicky - Song - Wilshere

Clegg

Rosicky has been decent for the last month but there seems to be a moment in every game where he makes a mess of things and you wonder what the fuck he was thinking.

It's his best run of form in ages. He'd been playing badly for quite a while imo.

What bias? I see he was a little angel to you then.

I'm not saying he's like this 24/7, I'm saying that he can be an insanely dislikeable figure on the pitch when he wants to be. For me, to a point where I can hate no one else more.

He's a troll of the worst kind when the situation presents itself. He sure as shit gets a reaction out of me and I couldn't be more happier to display such a response.

The only Arsenal players I can remember having a nasty side to them were Vieira, Fabregas and RVP. But unlike the former, you would rarely see it in the other two but when they did come to show it, it would always be because they had some beef with a player. Fabregas famously leaned down to spit in Ballack's face as the German was on the floor a few years ago and he's wanted to have a fist fight with Lampard on more than one occasion. RVP when he signed for us would lash out and act like a thug but these were rare flashes, it's not something you can really identify them with.

But what he did tonight wasn't on. It wasn't that he was aggressive, but he was making faces and trying to provoke Krul. It reminded me of Joey Barton's antics on the pitch

Facism

Gold Member
You motherfuckers putting chicken doner down haven't had the right sort. Probably some emaciated chicken marinaded with the grease used to lube the doner grill's gears.

You always hit the chili-sauce, always a bit of mayo, always LOADS of salad. If you have the meat with chips in a tray, you get dem chips in, salt and vinegar, a bit o the sauce, followed by a tiny amount of salad, followed by THE MEAT, more sauce, more salad.

Great texture if the chips are cooked well and the meat isn't 93% grease and fat. The salad between the chips and meat gets lovely and slippery. Like a cock between the thighs of a greasy slut.

Scum

Fuck you Arsenal and your awesome ways these last couple of weeks.
ojfchvjpg.gif

Thoroughly deserved though and it bothers me. I'm worried about our position in the league now. :-/

Bring back, Mertsacker. :<

Oh well, at least I have Inter to provide the lols tomorrow.

i5GVYzKuwAlt7.gi

is this what upset Krul?? What is he even doing at the end? Looks like when people make a shadow puppet of a bird or something.

I think he's mocking Krul, signalling him to slow the pending goal kick down like he was earlier in the game (although to be honest I wasn't bothered by it).

Was before that, between the 18 yard box and half way line. Turned and looked at Krul before making a gesture about the time wasting.

After the winner, he apparently tapped at his wrist to symbolise a watch, basically telling Krul that the goal wouldn't have been scored without the 5min time added on due his time wasting earlier #irony

GorillaJu

I brought up RVP being a cunt before but no one listened to me.

It's not just with his club teams but at every major international tournament there's an issue between him and another Holland international player. It's inevitable.

He's extremely arrogant.

That article from Kenny's pressure seems a non-issue. It's being postured as if Kenny is taking credit for the financial deals - I think he was asked to comment on our position this year vs last year and he's saying (rightly so) that regardless of our league position this year vs last, the club is in a better place. Any Liverpool fan can see and understand the difference.

It would be great if the league position followed, but let's be honest we hardly deserve to be in the CL with the way we're playing. The first touch quality has been embarrassing. We've been passing like a team much below our ability. I'd rather be in a position that reflects our abilities than be unfairly above or below it.

If Everton beats us tonight, all manner of politeness is going to go out the window and I'll be filling bowls with salty tears and pouring them in all of your eyes and on your pet snails.

Just reading up on this FA Cup thing. I like the idea of this - gives the little guys a chance to shine. Looks like Leicester is the only non Premier team left. I guess their fans must be going nuts?

If Everton beats us tonight, all manner of politeness is going to go out the window and I'll be filling bowls with salty tears and pouring them in all of your eyes and on your pet snails.

Not Shelly!

Not Shelly!

Maklershed, have you picked a team? If you're looking to familiarize yourself with the players on the different teams, I highly recommend getting FIFA. I started following football in 2007, and have bought every version since then. It helps so much when you hear about a team to look them up in the game, familiarize yourself with the kit and players. You can see who their best players are and everything else. Plus, the game is a lot of fun, and you start to recognize formations, and tactics at least on the fundamental level. It was a big help in teaching me about the beautiful game.

Just reading up on this FA Cup thing. I like the idea of this - gives the little guys a chance to shine. Looks like Leicester is the only non Premier team left. I guess their fans must be going nuts?

Not Shelly!

In the other domestic cup, Cardiff City was in the final. They are in the league below the Prem.

Maklershed, have you picked a team? If you're looking to familiarize yourself with the players on the different teams, I highly recommend getting FIFA. I started following football in 2007, and have bought every version since then. It helps so much when you hear about a team to look them up in the game, familiarize yourself with the kit and players. You can see who their best players are and everything else. Plus, the game is a lot of fun, and you start to recognize formations, and tactics at least on the fundamental level. It was a big help in teaching me about the beautiful game.

No but its sitting in my cart right now. Haven't pulled the trigger yet (but did get The Glory Game and Inverting the Pyramid yesterday). And as far as team goes - haven't decided on anything yet but really loved Arsenal tonight. And as people have pointed out before they do indeed fit my criteria for a team I'd like to root for. What I really liked about them tonight though is how crazy the fans are. Lots of camaraderie and chanting and other than van Persie the rest of the players seemed like decent, sportsman like players.

No but its sitting in my cart right now. Haven't pulled the trigger yet (but did get The Glory Game and Inverting the Pyramid yesterday). And as far as team goes - haven't decided on anything yet but really loved Arsenal tonight. And as people have pointed out before they do indeed fit my criteria for a team I'd like to root for. What I really liked about them tonight though is how crazy the fans are. Lots of camaraderie and chanting and other than van Persie the rest of the players seemed like decent, sportsman like players.

wink.james_franco.1.gif

sixghost

If you're new to football, I can't imagine you would get anything out of Inverting the Pyramid. It's not really a tactics primer, at least not until the last few chapters. 90% of the book is about the history of tactics, and the majority of stuff you'll read is considered to be outdated in the game today.

If you really just want to familiarize yourself for modern tactics, go find some basic introduction to football tactics text, or a book or something online, then I highly highly recommend Zonalmarking.net. Every week they will post 2-3 in depth breakdowns of tactics in high profile matches. It'll be overwhelming at first, but it clicks eventually.

You should support Lech Poznan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhM41wwh3VI

GorillaJu

Arsenal is a fine choice, but generally speaking the fans are up there with Chelsea for being the most subdued and dispassionate around. They have one of the larger stadiums but it's often eerily quiet. They also capitulate... frequently.

Still, any team has its downsides and I personally like Wenger's Arsenal and always have.

Lightning

Banned
Well said.
Well said indeed except he forgets to mention that you guys have away games against Chelsea and Sunderland which will be tough games.

Race for 3rd is pointless. As long as both clubs finish in the top 4 who really cares? I certainly don't. There is no bronze medal in the premier league.

I brought up RVP being a cunt before but no one listened to me.

It's not just with his club teams but at every major international tournament there's an issue between him and another Holland international player. It's inevitable.

He's extremely arrogant.
RVP is passsionate. He is not a cunt....

And most top stars are extremely arrogant. RVP oozes class and is , imo, the best striker in the league.

sixghost

Well said indeed except he forgets to mention that you guys have away games against Chelsea and Sunderland which will be tough games.

Race for 3rd is pointless. As long as both clubs finish in the top 4 who really cares? I certainly don't. There is no bronze medal in the premier league.

And most top stars are extremely arrogant. RVP oozes class and is , imo, the best striker in the league.
guaranteed CL group stage?

Kyoufu

Um...

You do know 4th place has to enter qualifiers for CL right?

rodvik

If you must go for a top six team then Arsenal are not bad.

My I suggest also taking in a few podcasts? football weekly, the football ramble , the epl talk podcast and Arsenal has a funny fan podcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom