• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Non Professional Interests

A competitive Latin and Flamenco dancer, Eva’s areas of interest are dance and football injuries. She is fluent in Spanish and unwinds by learning Portuguese. And shes overly hot, and the best looking person on telly.
lol.

dschalter

Gaf Gold is a place where anything is possible.
EVSMu.jpg

this is one of my favorite original images in gaf history, closely behind rorschach's you're already deadplane.jpg.

Korez

Juventus as World Cup leader

“Juventus are the greatest side on the planet”. These words don’t come from the Bianconeri fans, but from ESPN, a popular American sports network which provided online the ranking of those clubs which, throughout football history, provided the most number of World Cup winners to various National squads.

Juventus are in first place, with 24 World Cup winners as per ESPN’s statement: “If we rank clubs by World Cup winners then Juventus are the greatest on the planet”.

Among the 24 World Cup winners, 22 are Italian, with the foreign representatives being Zidane and Deschamps. Moreover, a strong Juventus contingent tended to be a fundamental factor for Italy to lift the World Cup, except in 1934 when the Bianconeri involved with the National side were two only. In the other editions which saw Italy triumph, in 1938, 1982 and 2006, Juventus provided nine, six and five players, respectively.

In the rank provided by ESPN, Juventus are in front of Inter (20 World Cup winners) and Bayern Munich (16). In fourth place, another Italian side appears: Roma with 15 players. Milan and Fiorentina, with 10 and 8 players, respectively, are quite far behind.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/1034662/ask-norman:-clubs'-world-cup?cc=5739

Calciopoli hate this post :)

ShogunX

Roy Hodgson last 17 PL games
P17 W6 D4 L7: 22 points - Sacked.

dog leash Last 17 PL games
P17 W5 D6 L6: 21 points- TBD

liverpool football club
ashamed of nothing
offended by everything

1-2 Everton

standard derby penalty to lfc for a perfect 10 dive by the racist.
Everton goals from Jela and a Baines pen - Carra foul finally called.

COYB!!

10 more years.

Looks like Berbatov will be leaving us this summer. I can't imagine he will stick around. He is well behind Welbeck and Hernandez in the pecking order. Those two will only improve and we play 4-3-3 at times which doesn't suit Berbatov either.

Overall his transfer will have to be judged a failure for me. Perhaps not a flop, but as I thought when we signed him, he was the wrong type of player for us. He's a good player with great ability but we paid £30m for him and must be paying him close to £100k a week. Cost us £50m in total and his 4 years haven't been worth that. A shame. Hope he finds a good club to go to next season. I think he could be great for Arsenal actually.

dc89

Looks like Berbatov will be leaving us this summer. I can't imagine he will stick around. He is well behind Welbeck and Hernandez in the pecking order. Those two will only improve and we play 4-3-3 at times which doesn't suit Berbatov either.

Overall his transfer will have to be judged a failure for me. Perhaps not a flop, but as I thought when we signed him, he was the wrong type of player for us. He's a good player with great ability but we paid £30m for him and must be paying him close to £100k a week. Cost us £50m in total and his 4 years haven't been worth that. A shame. Hope he finds a good club to go to next season. I think he could be great for Arsenal actually.

Beba + Podolski in.
RVP out.

Arsenal could do very well.

Clegg

I can see him going abroad if he leaves United.

He's still a very good player and I think a number of clubs would be interested in signing him.

I hope he goes to Milan. He could team up with Ibra to form the most apathetic frontline in world football.

bjaelke

TEAM NEWS: Liverpool FC - Ward, McLaughlin, Wisdom, Sama, McGiveron, Coady (c), Suso, Roddan, Ngoo, Sterling, Adorjan

TEAM NEWS: AFC Ajax - Van der Hart, Ligeon, Veltman, Denswil, Dijks, Sporkslede, de Sa, Rits, Schoop, Klaassen, Fischer

Pranay

I can see him going abroad if he leaves United.

He's still a very good player and I think a number of clubs would be interested in signing him.

I hope he goes to Milan. He could team up with Ibra to form the most apathetic frontline in world football.

would love to see him in juve.

imagine him scoring goals for us this season instead of arsenal. we would had been been winning serie a easily -_-

elseanio

TEAM NEWS: Liverpool FC - Ward, McLaughlin, Wisdom, Sama, McGiveron, Coady (c), Suso, Roddan, Ngoo, Sterling, Adorjan

TEAM NEWS: AFC Ajax - Van der Hart, Ligeon, Veltman, Denswil, Dijks, Sporkslede, de Sa, Rits, Schoop, Klaassen, Fischer

Thanks, can anyone bold some Ajax players worth looking at?

Yen

For LFC, it will be 4231 - Suso on the right, Adorjan in the hole, Sterling left, Ngoo up front.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17374070

Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards has accused Fifa and Uefa of stealing football from the English. At a sports and security conference in Qatar, he suggested to the audience that the world had England to thank for football. "England gave the world football. It gave the best legacy anyone could give. We gave them the game," said Richards. "Then, 50 years later, some guy came along and said, you're liars, and they actually stole it. It was called Fifa." “We started the game and wrote the rules and took it the world

Sir Dave Richards, who is also a Football Association board member, was speaking in front of Fifa vice president Prince Ali Bin Hussein of Jordan and International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat. He added: "Fifty years later, another gang came along called Uefa and stole a bit more."

When suggestions were made that the game could have originated in China, Richards replied in a raised voice: "It started in Sheffield 150 years ago. We started the game and wrote the rules and took it to the world. The Chinese may say they own it but the British own it and we gave it to the rest of the world."

The Premier League was quick to distance itself from the comments.​

Yen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17374070

Premier League chairman Sir Dave Richards has accused Fifa and Uefa of stealing football from the English. At a sports and security conference in Qatar, he suggested to the audience that the world had England to thank for football. "England gave the world football. It gave the best legacy anyone could give. We gave them the game," said Richards. "Then, 50 years later, some guy came along and said, you're liars, and they actually stole it. It was called Fifa." “We started the game and wrote the rules and took it the world

Sir Dave Richards, who is also a Football Association board member, was speaking in front of Fifa vice president Prince Ali Bin Hussein of Jordan and International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat. He added: "Fifty years later, another gang came along called Uefa and stole a bit more."

When suggestions were made that the game could have originated in China, Richards replied in a raised voice: "It started in Sheffield 150 years ago. We started the game and wrote the rules and took it to the world. The Chinese may say they own it but the British own it and we gave it to the rest of the world."

The Premier League was quick to distance itself from the comments.​
No joke but 10 minutes after he gave the speech he fell into a swimming pool while wearing his suit.
http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/20...uefa-stole-football?cat=football&type=article

Mastadon

Banned
No joke but 10 minutes after he gave the speech he fell into a swimming pool while wearing his suit.

Karma redeemed.

Being nice to people on FIFA is the height of futility. I sent a message to a guy who beat me saying:

"Well played mate, really good game"

To which he responded:

"Nah not really, u were shit"

:(

Kyoufu

Karma redeemed.

Being nice to people on FIFA is the height of futility. I sent a message to a guy who beat me saying:

"Well played mate, really good game"

To which he responded:

"Nah not really, u were shit"

:(

What do you expect from a game that chavs play?

Yen

Really wanted to watch the NextGen game but I've an essay to write, for tomorrow and I've had all week. Le sigh.

Trying to set up a subscription to FSC before 3:30. Got the game set to dvr though. So I'll either get to see Chelsea vs Napoli or 2.5 hours of blackness. :b

Just read Fergie's quotes. Looks like Berba's going in the summer. Pity to see him potentially leaving before Owen, but even though he's probably our most talented striker next to Rooney, it's pretty obvious the manager doesn't trust him to perform reliably in big games. And, to be fair, that's probably not Berba's fault. If you watched him at Spurs, you'd know that it was always going to be an even chance he'd find difficulty slotting into our system. With an outright poacher like Chicharito as well as an up-and-coming Welbeck, who could possibly become a complete forward, alongside plentiful backup options - and at the age of 31 - it was just never going to turn around for him. I doubt Fergie will lose too much sleep over letting him go, except for the money and the wasted amount of ludicrous class that'll be gone. Yeah, he should lose one night, at least. :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is anyone really expecting Napoli not to go through?

If Napoli defend as badly as they did in the first leg, I can see them losing today. What I don't see is a situation where they fail to score, so I don't really see Chelsea winning the tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom