• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Manchester City missed out on another chart-topper when Arsenal's Robin van Persie was voted best striker, with 25%.
2. Sergio Aguero 19%
3. Demba Ba 19%
4. Luis Suarez 13% - oh wow.
5. Wayne Rooney 13%
6. David Silva 6%
7. Gareth Bale 6%

wat

bjaelke

Transfer funds are no object to a real FM player. If I went a season as York manager without going through at least 40 players then it was a bizarre year; I never had any money either since I would always spend it all in the conference and then get nothing until the Championship.

I did that two years ago with City just to prove a point. Didn't spend a single oil barrel and still managed to challenge for first:

m05aE.jpg

What happens on FM when you make it past 15 or so years and a load of the players have retired? Does it recycle them as youth players with lower stats?

Manager

What happens on FM when you make it past 15 or so years and a load of the players have retired? Does it recycle them as youth players with lower stats?

What...?

Every year it auto-generates new players. Those then live on with their careers. Retired players are retired and becomes coaches or retire completely. I usually quit around 2022-2025 since all IRL players have retired by then.

Scum

Existing players are usually replaced with "Regens". Some have similar stats to their original counterparts but everything about them get mixed about. So, you might find a player similar to Messi later on in the game, but with different personality or nationality even.

Salazar

I still consider Man Utd the favorites to advance, they have the experience in this situations.

If Tony V is fit enough to hammer down the line and bang crosses in, that will help. Young looks in adequate form (but who really knows); I don't know who except Tony is going to do a job for us from the right. Unless he sticks Welbeck on that wing again. Which might not be stupid.

Cleverley getting time in midfield is important. I'm not just saying that because I <3 him.

dschalter

What...?

Every year it auto-generates new players. Those then live on with their careers. Retired players are retired and becomes coaches or retire completely. I usually quit around 2022-2025 since all IRL players have retired by then.

what's he's describing is close to how it use to work (hence the term 'regen' is still used to game generated players, even though the appropriate term now is 'newgen').

e: scum's post explains the old system, but that's not how it works now.

Which Premier League manager has impressed you the most this season?
1. Brendan Rodgers 47%
2. Paul Lambert 40%
3. Roberto Mancini 6%
4. Steve Kean 6%

So 6% is one vote, I wonder who would vote for Kean

LqzNX.jpg

sneaky77

If Tony V is fit enough to hammer down the line and bang crosses in, that will help. Young looks in adequate form (but who really knows); I don't know who except Tony is going to do a job for us from the right. Unless he sticks Welbeck on that wing again. Which might not be stupid.

Cleverley getting time in midfield is important. I'm not just saying that because I <3 him.

I was surprised that Nani didn't travel, I didn't hear anthing about injury, but Scholes and Valencia are on the list.

Scum

dschalter's right. I was on about the old ways. :lol

What...?

Best time to carry on. I still remember one of my old saves from FM2010, where I ended up well into 2050 and on. Until the game save died and I couldn't recover it. Was fun watching Scotland beat France in a World Cup Final, R. Madrid paying £87m for a very talented player from Leeds and Liverpool getting relegated. :lol

Is there any chance Tony V is going to be fit? Did he travel?

Salazar

vidic gets injured and all the managers forget he exists :(

I am staggered that Tony Pulis resisted the temptation to propose himself or his assembly of legbreaking twats.

Tom Cleverley &#8207; @tomclevz23
Just touched down in spain! First time iv felt heat for a while.

Good sign of a pro: his twitter is boring as fuck.

Is there any chance Tony V is going to be fit? Did he travel?

Yes. Travelled. Yes, apparently fit. I think a repeat of the Welbz Wing Experiment is on the cards, though. And Smalling over Raf.

Empty

the poll would seem to indicate that this is based on the season.

i thought that but the best player questions are the only ones that don't mention this season, though that could be the fault of the reporting as it does seem like the entire survey is about this season.

bjaelke

Best time to carry on. I still remember one of my old saves from FM2010, where I ended up well into 2050 and on. Until the game save died and I couldn't recover it. Was fun watching Scotland beat France in a World Cup Final, R. Madrid paying £87m for a very talented player from Leeds and Liverpool getting relegated. :lol

I have one save where Mancini takes over United after Ferguson retires, Hudgson takes the empty seat at City, Wenger is replaced by Laudrup and Ancelotti gets back to Chelsea. It was both amusing and terrifying at the same time.

Carbonox

In a survey by sponsors Barclays, Newcastle striker Demba Ba (56%) was voted signing of the season by Premier League managers.

Damn straight son. I'd say as a whole, we've done the best transfer business in the league. Not often you sign at least 4 players and in their first season they get off to a flyer. Cabaye, Ba, Santon and Cisse, more specifically. Marveaux's shown talent but is obviously out for a while. Rob Eliott is just lol.

But best young player for Jones? Eh... Kyle Walker and Daniel Sturridge would be my picks.

Arnie

I wouldn't put Suarez in the same category as those other strikers (Aguero, Rooney, Ba, Van Persie), he's a nice tricky player who, as we saw last night, can create a goal or two; but as far as finishing goes he's nowhere near those players. He's a great player for us, and I'm not trying to dispel his influence on the team, but he's not much of a goal scorer.

Not consistently anyway, he's got some special things in his locker, for example Stoke Carling Cup.

Wessiej

I wouldn't put Suarez in the same category as those other strikers (Aguero, Rooney, Ba, Van Persie), he's a nice tricky player who, as we saw last night, can create a goal or two; but as far as finishing goes he's nowhere near those players. He's a great player for us, and I'm not trying to dispel his influence on the team, but he's not much of a goal scorer.

Not consistently anyway, he's got some special things in his locker, for example Stoke Carling Cup.

Hey YOU, time for a clash tonight. Semi-final NextGen, is Liverpool any good with their youth team? Can't wait for the match, even if it is just the youth.

Arnie

Hey YOU, time for a clash tonight. Semi-final NextGen, is Liverpool any good with their youth team? Can't wait for the match, even if it is just the youth.

Buzzing for the Next Gen. Our youth team is quality, Wisdom, Morgan and Sterling are quality players. We've got some decent flair players like Suso and Tony Silva who can produce a bit of magic out of nothing (although they can go through games a bit quiet). And then we've got a bit of ruggedness in the likes of Coady.

Speaking of Coady, he's our captain and I really like the lad but I feel for him being a tall, lanky, scouse central midfielder born and playing in the Gerrard era. Spearing dodges the comparisons in a way because of his height and style, but Coady's a much more similar player to Gerrard in that regard.

I still think you'll give us a good game, don't really know much about your team but I've learned to fear the Ajax youth setup.

bjaelke

There are a lot of promising players in the squad. I know they rested some of the players last Saturday and still managed to win 3-1. Should be an entertaining match. Would love to go and see the match. Only £5 to get in and there are still tickets available.

elseanio

There are a lot of promising players in the squad. I know they rested some of the players last Saturday and still managed to win 3-1. Should be an entertaining match. Would love to go and see the match. Only £5 to get in and there are still tickets available.

Would have definitely went, but in work till 7 :( Looking forward to the game though.

Is this over 2 legs?

GQman2121

Banned
I really think its going to be a blood bath in SW6 tonight. I can see us scoring two, but I don't think we can keep a clean sheet. Not three games in a row and not against their counter attacking.

Fintan

I can see Chelsea - Napoli going to extra time to be honest.

It's likely that Napoli will score but I think it's unlikely that we'll get 3. It needs to be 3-1 to go to extra time right?

I'm hopeful of a 2-0. Not sure that Napoli can be stopped for 90 minutes.

WJD

Napoli only need one goal and I can see them getting it.

Not if Chelsea can get 3 which I can see them getting.
Bearing in mind I have no idea who's fit for Chelsea and who isn't, this team should be able to score 3 in my eyes:

Mata
Drogba
Sturridge

Ramires
Meireles
Essien

Back 5

I have faith in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom