• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Jeff, are you aware of this?

Manchester United CEO Gill was one of the participants in the "Business of Sports: Winning Off the Field" panel. One thing he mentioned which caught the attention of those in attendance was that there were new owners of a PL team who didn't know about relegation. "Not sure what the due diligence was there," stated Gill of said owners. I later spoke to Gill directly to clarify erroneous rumors spreading on Twitter that Gill was in fact alluding to Fenway Sports Group's purchase of Liverpool. Gill categorically denied that he had been referencing or inferring that it was FSG in any form and said that he held Liverpool's owners in the highest regard. "I would never say anything negative about John W Henry, ever." However, when I put it to Gill that the party he was in fact referring to was Venky's (it's long been believed in some quarters of the industry that the mechanics of relegation was just one among various things Venky's were unaware of when acquiring Blackburn), Gill said nothing but gave a broad smile.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20120305/monday-musings/#ixzz1pCjYVM3o

elsk

Banned
these injuries this season have been so unreal. it's like as soon as it seems we are about to get out of a crisis, we get into another one. i think yurt may be right about the trofeo berlusconi.

of course the persisting injury crisis has an upside: no one can really doubt that we have the strongest squad in italy, because an ever-changing mix of reserves, starters, and young kids are at the top

Well, obviously. You guys have 35 players in your squad, an around 30 on loan... And still you're always crying about injuries. Try having 25 players in total (with 2 reserves goalkeepers in that number) and having Robben, Ribéry and now Schweinsteiger (injured half season) in your squad.

Salazar

Oh look. That Polyvore garbage does club-specific ensembles.

8eTGh.jpg

TeegsD

The anxiety from this game is killing me. The rational part of me knows that we are probably going to get thrashed but that damn win last week has filled the fan in me with so much hope.

De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra; Park, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Young; Rooney.

Subs: Amos, Smalling, Hernandez, Fabio, Scholes, Pogba & Welbeck.

Can't see us getting through but would be great if we could.

Well, obviously. You guys have 35 players in your squad, an around 30 on loan... And still you're always crying about injuries. Try having 25 players in total (with 2 reserves goalkeepers in that number) and having Robben, Ribéry and now Schweinsteiger (injured half season) in your squad.

Try having a good squad.

Clegg

De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Ferdinand, Evra; Park, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Young; Rooney.

Subs: Amos, Smalling, Hernandez, Fabio, Scholes, Pogba & Welbeck.

Can't see us getting through but would be great if we could.

Giggs and Park out wide? That doesn't fill me with much confidence.

Carrick/Cleverley could be interesting though.

And no Berba again... :(

Arnie

Hope Abidal gets well soon. Him lifting the European cup was pretty inspirational

Very emotional moment.

Watching over the highlights again I'm pleased that our best players in the derby were the local lads. Kelly and Spearing were immense, and were alongside Stevie as the best players on the pitch. Carragher had a remarkably good game too, although he was up against the portly Stracqualursi and the inept Anichebe.

Arnie

Shit, is the Bilbao game at 6? Going to play 7 a side. Thinking of wearing my full Gerrard strip in an awkward throwback to Tuesday. Doesn't really work with me considering my height.

Clegg

I thought it was 4-5-1/4-3-3 with Park and Young wide, Giggs/Carrick/Cleverley midfield

That would leave Rooney as the lone striker which doesn't really suit him imo.

I think Young will be playing just behind Rooney. United have played him there before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom