• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, fun, let's all just brainlessly click a mouse over and over. Yea, fuck Diablo.

You could just you know... Up the difficulty and be forced to do more than brainlessly click your mouse around. That said though : yeah fuck diablo 3, looks like they decided to do a cartoon version of the old ones.

Arnie

To clarify I've never played a Diablo game in my life, the mechanics, art and style have no effect on me whatsoever. From a distance it just looks so dull. Could be the greatest game ever.

Looks like Abate will be injured for the next two weeks: he'll miss Parma, Juve, Roma, the first match of the CL quarter finals and probably also Catania.

Which is great, just great: we have Bonera and Antonini. The fun thing is that Bonera and Antonini don't know how to play football.

sohois

To clarify I've never played a Diablo game in my life, the mechanics, art and style have no effect on me whatsoever. From a distance it just looks so dull. Could be the greatest game ever.

I've played a few diablo style games without ever really being able to get into them for the reason you describe, the click to kill combat is just too simple. So I'd say your instinct is probably correct.

Incidentally if you ever did feel the urge to try out the games for yourself, the closest I've come to really enjoying those games is the Titan Quest games, they would be a good point to start with since they are so cheap these days.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Looks like Abate will be injured for the next two weeks: he'll miss Parma, Juve, Roma, the first match of the CL quarter finals and probably also Catania.

Which is great, just great: we have Bonera and Antonini. The fun thing is that Bonera and Antonini don't know how to play football.

I'm pretty sure all these injuries are somehow linked to
Berlusconi's trophy.

Salazar

4 am start, it seems.

Not going to sleep. Body still buzzing from three games of indoor. Long-haul flight next week anyway. Let's do this.

The devil is in the detail I suppose. It's very smart with audio and visual feedback making everything you do very responsive and satisfying. The carrot-on-a-stick design has been balanced and honed to within an inch of its life. Also the world design is usually very well done.

On paper it shouldn't be exciting but the craft behind it makes it so.

Oh, fun, let's all just brainlessly click a mouse over and over. Yea, fuck Diablo.

1zlgda9.jpgdgbhc.gif

it's the loot

these injuries this season have been so unreal. it's like as soon as it seems we are about to get out of a crisis, we get into another one. i think yurt may be right about the trofeo berlusconi.

of course the persisting injury crisis has an upside: no one can really doubt that we have the strongest squad in italy, because an ever-changing mix of reserves, starters, and young kids are at the top

I'm pretty sure all these injuries are somehow linked to
Berlusconi's trophy.

It's not a trophy. It's a curse.

This year has been unbelievable, injury-wise: we've had at least 12 players out since january. We've recovered Seedorf and Maxi Lopez for the match against Parma, and we've lost Robinho and Abate. And I'm pretty sure someone else won't play against Juve next week.

It's a goddamn curse.
these injuries this season have been so unreal. it's like as soon as it seems we are about to get out of a crisis, we get into another one. i think yurt may be right about the trofeo berlusconi.

of course the persisting injury crisis has an upside: no one can really doubt that we have the strongest squad in italy, because an ever-changing mix of reserves, starters, and young kids are at the top

Even last year we had a bad time back in january, a lot of our players were injured, yet we managed to win against Napoli 3-0 and secure the Scudetto. But this year is incredible, I've never seen anything like this.

And we have already seen the upside with Juventus: for at least an hour we played like we know with half of our team injured, then they were tired and Matri ruined everything.

Wilbur

Banned
Milan have worse injuries than we have. Both are doing wonderfully to be top of the league. And Madrid are showing squad depth matters.

Damn, at his suave peak.

London, Oxford. Looking forward to proper newspapers, cider, relatively cool weather, tolerable pubs.

And not having to miss sleep for a Europa League leg we will probably piss away.

Nice. Gonna catch any games in person while you're there?

Wilbur

Banned
Damn, at his suave peak.

London, Oxford. Looking forward to proper newspapers, cider, relatively cool weather, tolerable pubs.

And not having to miss sleep for a Europa League leg we will probably piss away.

London!!! There's a good pub called the worlds end in Camden if you can get there, I like that place.

Or come to the Wetherspoons in Sutton and lament your existence.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pogba turns 19 today. Put him in Fergie, let him get a goal.

That's the last thing you need right now.

Hide your kids, United!

2TG6Z.jpg

Speaking of 19, Galliani has promised to send Vera Spadini, the poor interviewer who Ibra insulted at the weekend, 19 roses. One for each of Ibra's goals.

Pogba turns 19 today. Put him in Fergie, let him get a goal.

Pogba's going to make a crunching tackle at the edge of our box a'la Keane, play a simple ball to himself in the midfield, then play a Scholes-esque defence splitting ball up field where he will be waiting for it himself before unleashing a rasping dipping swerving driving shot from 30 yards. It will crash into the back of the net and Le Pog will run over to the touch line where Fergie will have wheeled out a birthday cake. Pog will blow out the candles in one mighty breath before proceeding to kiss the badge but only after he signs a 19 year contract pitch-side through which he devotes his career to United.

Salazar will need a tower of tissue paper as tall as Pog himself to clean up after himself.

Believe.

ElyrionX

Pogba's going to make a crunching tackle at the edge of our box a'la Keane, play a simple ball to himself in the midfield, then play a Scholes-esque defence splitting ball up field where he will be waiting for it himself before unleashing a rasping dipping swerving driving shot from 30 yards. It will crash into the back of the net and Le Pog will run over to the touch line where Fergie will have wheeled out a birthday cake. Pog will blow out the candles in one mighty breath before proceeding to kiss the badge but only after he signs a 19 year contract pitch-side through which he devotes his career to United.

Salazar will need a tower of tissue paper as tall as Pog himself to clean up after himself.

Believe.

HYPE

Almost as hype as Diablo 3. Diablo 3!!! Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sneaky77

can anyone blame Pique I mean.. damnn..

Also I hope everything goes well for Abidal.

Mourinho and his pr rep looks like they are preparing to leave Madrid at the end of the season, at least attacking the fans is never a good idea imo..

I hope we advance tonight against United, sold out stadium atmosphere is going to be amazing, I hope the team answers well they are not used to this type of pressure much like Napoli last night or Basel at Munich..

Believe.

Best post.

Salazar

Dave Richards falling in pool for those who haven't seen. Bit of an exaggerated story, it's only a shallow bit of water.

Ethered said:
FIFA VP Prince Ali responds to Dave Richards: "I am proud to be serving the world’s most popular sport ... it IS a sport for the world.”

ohohohohohoh said:
Manchester United are tracking Real Madrid teenager Jese Rodriguez Ruiz.
United scout Martin Ferguson has watched Real Madrid's B side Castilla several times in recent months, when Jese has been at the top of the list of the Spanish club's impressive young talent.

Wilbur

Banned
can anyone blame Pique I mean.. damnn..

Also I hope everything goes well for Abidal.

Mourinho and his pr rep looks like they are preparing to leave Madrid at the end of the season, at least attacking the fans is never a good idea imo..

I hope we advance tonight against United, sold out stadium atmosphere is going to be amazing, I hope the team answers well they are not used to this type of pressure much like Napoli last night or Basel at Munich..

What's he said now?

sneaky77

What's he said now?

Mourinho complained after the game about the crowd and then today his rep said that it was almost like they were playing in russia again.

edit: I think Guardiola needs to decide already what he is doing, is getting annoying and is putting barca in a bad position if he doesn't stay.

Kyoufu

Mourinho complained after the game about the crowd and then today his rep said that it was almost like they were playing in russia again.

edit: I think Guardiola needs to decide already what he is doing, is getting annoying and is putting barca in a bad position if he doesn't stay.

What will happen to the Messi/Xavi/Iniesta Triforce if he leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom