• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Alright I'm calling it:

APOEL vs Bayern Munich
Marseille vs AC Milan
Benfica vs Barcelona
Real Madrid vs Chelsea

THAT'S IT SET IN STONE

bjaelke

I want to see APOEL/Madrid/Benfica/Bayern semi final.

Alright I'm calling it:

APOEL vs Bayern Munich
Marseille vs AC Milan
Benfica vs Barcelona
Real Madrid vs Chelsea

THAT'S IT SET IN STONE

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Fady K

Congrats Fady, but it's a pity you will face Barça on then ext round.

Thanks Wrath, facing Barca for me though will be like you watching Real Madrid vs Real Madrid, it will be so crazy. If we face either Barca, Bayern, or Moudrid we are done. Otherwise we will be done in the round after it :p

Wilbur

Banned

Alas, what I want and what will happen are two entirely different things :(

UEFA want a Madrid/Barca final so they'll try and keep them apart I'm sure. Chelsea and Madrid has many subplots so that'll be the pick of the draw, and then the other three big teams will push through after difficult away games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God dammit Fady! At least quote ONE of my posts :p

Congrats ;) Even though Chelsea kinda screwed with our whole season now
dk0Co.gif

FootballFan

It would an indescribable feeling. I'd rather someone else knock either them of out than either of them. Realistically, I can't see Chelsea making it to the semis...as for Barca, I'd go nuts with happiness if they manage to beat Madrid or Bayern to the trophy. Madrid is too good though, and Bayern are monstrous. It'll be insane.

Madrid is too good for who? You know Messi plays for Barca right?
Unless I was confused and you meant Madrid are too good for Chelsea, in that case, I would agree.
Again like I said though, it's CL. Even bad teams like Inter can beat Barca so anything can happen. Form, Injuries, Suspensions, Refereeing, Away goals rule, Cheating(look at the last few pages of GIFs lol) all come into play and can change the whole outcome.

edit:
Barca to vs Chelsea in the next round and kick ass again.
Then get some revenge for La Liga and beat Madrid in the Semis
Then Beat Milan in the final 4-0 as payback for Milan beating the dream team in the '94 CL final.
I wish

bjaelke

RXt09.jpg

Alas, what I want and what will happen are two entirely different things :(

UEFA want a Madrid/Barca final so they'll try and keep them apart I'm sure. Chelsea and Madrid has many subplots so that'll be the pick of the draw, and then the other three big teams will push through after difficult away games.

Okay...I'll let this one slide.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So what games are worth watching today?

Athletic de Bilbao - Manchester United
Udinese - AZ Alkmaar
PSV Eindhoven - Valencia
Hannover 96 - Standard de Liege

*two hours later*

Besiktas - Atletico de Madrid
Schalke 04 - FC Twente Enschede

Manchester City - Sporting Lisbon
Olympiacos CFP - FC Metalist Kharkiv

confuziz

Banned
Udinese - AZ Alkmaar
PSV Eindhoven - Valencia
Hannover 96 - Standard de Liege

*two hours later*

Besiktas - Atletico de Madrid
Schalke 04 - FC Twente Enschede

Olympiacos CFP - FC Metalist Kharkiv

Noo don't watch PSV. It will be a total humiliation again!! Well perhaps not now because of Cocu..but still =P

Quite a few! Athletic Bilbao vs Manchester United, Manchester City vs Sporting Lisbon,

Athletic - United will be interesting if United manage to get an early goal. City - Sporting too possibly, but I expect City to smash Sporting to be honest.

Ah yes I just got FSC and GOLtv and I have these bad boys DVRed. Looking forward to getting home and watching. Thanks for the info fellas.

Ajax beat Liverpool 6-0 in the NextGen series!? Is that true? Damn...and Liverpool have a good youth team. Gave ours a good game in the FA Youth Cup last year.

bjaelke

Ajax beat Liverpool 6-0 in the NextGen series!? Is that true? Damn...and Liverpool have a good youth team. Gave ours a good game in the FA Youth Cup last year.

It was pretty even until about half time. We missed a penalty at 0-1 and some sitters right after. Second half belonged to Ajax. Those kids are destined for great things.

Salazar

MUFC v Chelsea FAYC semi-final first leg is televised on ITV4 at 7pm Friday. Should be streamed, too.

Boozeroony

It was pretty even until about half time. We missed a penalty at 0-1 and some sitters right after. Second half belonged to Ajax. Those kids are destined for great things.

Little chance to see them in Ajax' first team. Most of them will fail at EPL-clubs who buy talents in huge numbers, hoping one or two will shine in their first teams. Fuckers.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OT:
I'm not enjoying ME3 at all. Help :(
Little chance to see them in Ajax' first team. Most of them will fail at EPL-clubs who buy talents in huge numbers, hoping one or two will shine in their first teams. Fuckers.

Heyy, Ouasim Bouy is in safe hands!
He's doomed

OT:
I'm not enjoying ME3 at all. Help :(

How long have you been playing? The first hour or two are a bit too on rails but it gets better. There's a few really shitty things to it though, especially bioware trying to humanize my bad ass Shepard who doesn't give a shit about anyone.
LLShC.gif

I was a bit puzzled by that. I know FCN declined the offer but FCM and BIF are both known to have better academies. We probably just a have bad rep compared to Copenhagen.

You probably don't have the money for the plane tickets. We got our academies heavily upgraded a few years ago but it will obviously take some years to bear fruit... Not sure how they plan on getting results when they sell players like Zohore to Italy though.

Salazar

Will watch.

Mats Daehli is the midfield prospect for us. Jack Barmby is a clever striker, too.

Understandably, neither are physically there yet, but you would want to close them down. Daehli in particular will want to eat an awful lot in the coming couple of years.

Razor554

Official: Abidal will have to undergo a liver transplantation in the coming weeks

This makes me a sad panda. Abidal is such a good guy and again he goes to surgery...

Back along with D.Villa to win UCL final?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I thought Abidal was fine?? Get well soon Abi!

I'd give him Busquets' liver.
How long have you been playing? The first hour or two are a bit too on rails but it gets better. There's a few really shitty things to it though, especially bioware trying to humanize my bad ass Shepard who doesn't give a shit about anyone.
LLShC.gif

6-7 hours in IIRC. I almost uninstalled the game after the turret-->defend the tower section.
LLShC.gif
Every single organism around me is self-centered.. MOTHER FUCKERS WE'RE ON THE VERGE OF EXTINCTION HERE!
LLShC.gif

ffs, we finally start recovering midfielders, and we now have an injury problem in defense. this will be our defense against parma:

mesba-yepes-silva-bonera

LOL. luckily parma sucks lately.

also robinho is injured now that he has finally hit form. this fucking season.

bjaelke

Wooo, Diablo 3 finally got a release date!

I'm obviously not taking about the entire youth team, but they have 5-6 players that could make it through and perhaps go on to play in bigger clubs later on. Klaassen, Fischer, de Sa, goalie and one of the sub which I can't remember the name of.

Wooo, Diablo 3 finally got an release date!

I'm obviously not taking about the entire youth team, but they have 5-6 players that could make it through and perhaps go on to play in bigger clubs later on. Klaassen, Fischer, de Sa, goalie and one of the sub which I can't remember the name of.

You announce that, and don't share a link!?!?

Wooo, Diablo 3 finally got an release date!

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

15 May. Come to daddy.

Kyoufu

Good luck to Abidal. Hope he can recover.

Still can't believe Chelsea are through. Napoli manager must be getting a lot of stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom