• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fur_Q

untitled-493a67.gif

NIIICCCEEE

Then don't act like a ballbag if you're judging it by that gif alone.

Boohoo

kharma45

Bilbao press the ball so well, something the English game will need to learn from.

Well, it's a big game for Bilbao fans but not exactly "big" for the football world.It's the Europa league ffs...

The Europa League isn't a major competition? Do tell me more...

I was trying to take the piss out of Channel 5 and the usual drivel they show with regards to football.

ShogunX

Well, it's a big game for Bilbao fans but not exactly "big" for the football world. It's the Europa league ffs...

So if City played UTD in the semi finals it wouldn't be a big game because it the Europa league?

Might not hold as much prestige as the CL but the Europa league is a quality competition.

Kyoufu

So if City played UTD in the semi finals it wouldn't be a big game because it the Europa league?

Might not hold as much prestige as the CL but the Europa league is a quality competition.

Well that's different. A derby will be big no matter which cup it's played for.

Not a very convincing argument there sir.

offshore

This is why I want City and Utd to both go through. Seeing them meet in the EL would be awesome.

Oh well, guess we're just going to have to settle for the April 30th game.

Meier

Looking better and better for Athletic. What are the tiebreakers for Europa League? Does it go to extra time or would they win on away goals even if ManU managed to come back and win this match 2-1?

sneaky77

Looking better and better for Athletic. What are the tiebreakers for Europa League? Does it go to extra time or would they win on away goals even if ManU managed to come back and win this match 2-1?

away goals count double in case of an aggregate tie

Wilbur

Banned
HT

I think United are actually playing better than last week, yet they're still losing :/

This. The three man midfield is helping but Park has been shite, Cleverley not very good. Get Park off for Scholes or Pogba, and one of our forwards on.

sneaky77

wow.. AZ got a red card in the 2nd min.. they are still in for now

edit: Is not out of the question that Utd will score three goals in the second half. I am guessing Scholes and Chicarito will come in

Wilbur

Banned
Rangers and Fulham in the final is what I define big competition.

I think we forget sometimes that Kyoufu hasn't watched football since before it appeared Kevin Keegan needed sectioning.

Look at the quality of teams in the competition and tell me it means nothing. Not as prestigious as the CL that's for sure, but it's no League Cup. Although I suppose Pardew should be sacked because you might be qualifying for it this year.

Rad-

Bilbao deserves to win this tbh. They clearly want it more. If they advance, I hope they win the whole thing. They have an interesting young team and a great manager.

Btw how much does this Martinez guy cost? :p

ShogunX

Well that's different. A derby will be big no matter which cup it's played for.

Not a very convincing argument there sir.

You could replace either club with any of the quality teams left in the competition and the point still stands.

It's silly to write off the Europa League because it's not the Champions League. Wonder if your mindset would change if Newcastle put a run together next year should they qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom