• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky77

So our next rival is between Valencia, AZ and Hannover according to the Bilbao paper. I thought all 8 teams would go in the same pot?

Brinbe

We tend to struggle in general when we play against teams who press, Liverpool tend to press often against united at anfield. Plus most teams in Europe have followed barcas style in pressing higher up and look to keep possession, haven't seen teams in England try to follow suit. United need to change their style, especially if they want to win the CL
Bingo! Have always struggled against teams that press/attack like that, and our own poor performances surely didn't help. Really shows how far off we are. There's tons of improvement that could still be made to this squad, even if they are top of the domestic league.

dc89

25soeo3.jpg.gif

Where did that go?

Who knows. Anyone have a reasonable explanation? I bet SAF doesn't know himself.

---

Manager, although you are negative, you are right.

Arnie

Missed United playing football although my housemates assure me Bilbao deserved to go through and should've scored more. Saw Le Pog's brief cameo and subsequent booking for what was actually, in my opinion, a decent tackle.

Going to watch City with a KFC now. Don't know why I even bother exercising.

/\ Hard to tire watching that movement. Was that the Charity Shield?

rodvik

This entire European campaign has shown us up massively.

We're behind the curve technically, mentally and tactically.

If we really want to progress in Europe we'll need a change in how we play. Bilbao have outclassed us massively and are very deserving winners.

By "us" you can extend that to the English national team and the premier league. The world has changed tactically driven from Spain, only Swansea so far seems to want to take the advantages the modern method provides. I do hope other teams start to wake up.

Vitet

For the record, Bilbao fans applauded Giggs when he was sent out and Rooney goal, besides to United fans at the end, as has been said

Madridy

1331752874_extras_portada_2.jpg

Also the Bilbao fans are applauding the Man Utd fans. the whole stadium turned in their direction and applauded and chanted United United.

For the record, Bilbao fans applauded Giggs when he was sent out and Rooney goal, besides to United fans at the end, as has been said

Amazing, absolutely amazing!

Doesn't UEFA usually give a reward for the best Fans in European competitions? Because Bilbao's Home fans really deserve it.

dc89

Well done ref. I wish some PL ref's grew balls and booked players for diving.

Suarez & Bale would have two suspensions per season if they were lucky.

BBC:

2030:

We have gone from one extreme to the other this evening. The San Mames was a cauldron of noise, showcasing a lively, exciting, skillful game of football. The Etihad is near silent, with a dull, flat game taking place within it.

Sounds about right, City will soon score and we'll be treat to the ever orginal Poznan.

On that note, this is mental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGxZwFW-Kus

Sleepy

Finally found time to watch the Arsenal/Newcastle match...Arsenal played great for most of the game, surely deserved the win.

Inversive

Bilbao were just too athletic for us, they pressed and pressured all game long. Well deserved win for them. I hope this woke Fergie up and he spends big on some quality CM's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom