• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-0

untitled-12dcbmu.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Hahahaha brilliant this more than makes up for any disappointment.

So it's looking like:

Valencia
Atletico
Bilbao
Hannover
Alkmaar
Sporting

Twente are at 2-1 aggregate right? And Olympiakos winning 1-0 but I dunno what the score was last week.

sneaky77

Hahahaha brilliant this more than makes up for any disappointment.

So it's looking like:

Valencia
Atletico
Bilbao
Hannover
Alkmaar
Sporting

Twente are at 2-1 aggregate right? And Olympiakos winning 1-0 but I dunno what the score was last week.

Olympiakos won 0-1 in the first leg.

Wilbur

Banned
For all the shit the Europa League gets, there are some excellent players competing in it.

I don't understand why it gets shit; obviously this sounds stupid now, it really does hahaha, but when we went out of the CL and I was getting loads of shit from my Chelsea and Arsenal mates, there was a bigger chance of us winning the EL then there was them winning the CL (Chelsea won't get past the semis at a push).

There's a number of brilliant teams left in it, but when the CL isn't just for Champions and you can get any number of great teams knocked out, what do you expect?

Manager

Maybe the cunts at FA now are understanding what they are doing to EPL? The tough schedule to satisfy Sky's every wish is killing PL teams in Europe.

Or that's the only reason I can come up with why all PL teams are out.

Kyoufu

Maybe the cunts at FA now are understanding what they are doing to EPL? The tough schedule to satisfy Sky's every wish is killing PL teams in Europe.

Or that's the only reason I can come up with why all PL teams are out.

Time to scrap the Carling Cup.

Manager

As shit as Savic has been, the last match was the first one where City lost a point with him on the pitch. This will be the second.

There's too little chaos in City. They are all Mancini's puppets. No free will, all follow plain rules. They keep trying the same thing time after time after time. Certain players always go deep, others always go back to pick up the ball. The opposition defenders know exactly how to handle this.

Mancini talk about how you must follow tactics precisely, but sometimes you might need a little bit of chaos as well. Bilbao showed with a bit of flow you can overcome anyone. It was painfully obvious that City completely lack that flow. No direct passes what so ever.

As soon as City gain the ball, they pass it back to the defenders, or even Hart. Then start over. The ball goes to Yaya. Johnson does deep run, Silva is on the wing, Balotelli does run. Same thing over and over again.

There are world class players on the City team, yet they NEVER direct pass, never tries to change flow quickly, counter-attack. Always the ball back to the defender. Keep possession, pass it up. The opposition has complete control of this.

Fucking frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom