• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
honestly, united would have a hard time in, like, the top seven in la liga. look at bilbao's passing game and compare that with united's. the difference is pretty fucking huge. it's not even budgetary problem which makes it quite depressing.

I'm going to quote myself:

Personally, I see less quality in EPL. Serie A and Bundesliga are a lot more interesting, the managers usually use the newest tactics and the players are a lot more "flashy".

In EPL they still use 90s formations and tactics, and the game is more about strength than quality. Obviously, that doesn't apply to all the teams.

I don't watch La Liga so I can't comment, but it's pretty obvious they're on the that "upper" level too.

Missing the point. Not even having a dig at Chelsea but more saying we shouldn't use this match to determine how Man Utd would perform across a whole season. Chelsea beat Valencia 3-0 yet are 5th in the Premiership.

But But Liverpool. Yeah.
Right, I understand. As it goes, I think most English teams would struggle in Spain be it MUFC, Chelsea, Liverpool or whoever.

Man Utd didn't turn up. Not taking anything away from Bilbao, they're playing really well, but you'd be fooling yourself if you thought the league leaders actually turned up to a Europa league game.

I've been saying all along, that Arsenal didn't turn up for the Barcelona games but no one believed me.

Man Utd didn't turn up. Not taking anything away from Bilbao, they're playing really well, but you'd be fooling yourself if you thought the league leaders actually turned up to a Europa league game.

Ahahahha hahahhahah hahahahhahahha. Yeah. Whatever you need to justify your teams performance. Outclassed by a side outside of the top 4 in Spain. But La Liga is crap right?

Damn, missed the goal in real-time. Rooney 2-1

untitled-7akk80.gif

Score line really flattering Man United

Clegg

This entire European campaign has shown us up massively.

We're behind the curve technically, mentally and tactically.

If we really want to progress in Europe we'll need a change in how we play. Bilbao have outclassed us massively and are very deserving winners.

bud

So how would Chelsea do in La Liga?

i honestly don't care. i'm not saying this because i'm an arsenal fan, but their passing game, no matter how low the lows have been this season, is still the very best in the premier league. better than city's, too, despite some of their world class players. if more teams were like that, the epl would've been a much better league.

Not been watching since around 25 mins. Sounds similar to the first leg.

Only the league left for us now. Not good enough, disappointing, though of course I'll be made up if we win the league.

ShogunX

Right, I understand. As it goes, I think most English teams would struggle in Spain be it MUFC, Chelsea, Liverpool or whoever.

It's likely they would as they are setup to play against opposition who do not pass it around for 90 minutes. It's why Swansea are a breath of fresh air this season with their almost La Liga style of playing. Wasn't long ago that Bilbao played the long ball game but Bielsa has come in and changed they way they play for the better.

I hope City go through and get drawn against Bilbao. That would be a great tie.

AlexBasch

If Bilbao plays the final of la Copa del Rey like this Barça will have troubles.
Well, they just destroyed Man U in two matches, I can see at least losing to Barca 0-1 on a worst case scenario.

Man, I must give enormous props to Bilbao. That's some high class football in that team, but something tells me that the team will get disbanded by the end of this season. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom