• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the cunts at FA now are understanding what they are doing to EPL? The tough schedule to satisfy Sky's every wish is killing PL teams in Europe.

Or that's the only reason I can come up with why all PL teams are out.
All the teams?
3AQmK.gif

Sorry GAF, I'm going to milk this until we get knocked out in the quarters.

Fur_Q

City losing 2-0 has nothing to do with the state of football in this country.

Where did I mention City in my post? I have always thought the Premier League herp derp best league in the world was hyperbole, and Its driven by Sky and Talkshite plus shitty tabloids.

ShogunX

Where did I mention City in my post? I have always thought the Premier League herp derp best league in the world was hyperbole, and Its driven by Sky and Talkshite plus shitty tabloids.

I just assumed you were talking about City seeing as you made your post shortly after the second goal.

The premiership has it's strengths just like teams from it have shown in Europe over the past few years but I don't think many knowledgeable football fans have bought into the best league in the world tag.

Fur_Q

We never win at home
and we never win away
We lost last week
and we lost today
We don't give a fuck
'Cos we're all pissed up
MCFC OK

Soi-Fong

Kinda makes mo wonder if Ferguson threw away the Europa League to focus on the Premier League. Seriously that formation and only having Rooney on the attack was a mistake. You know something is wrong when Rooney has to drop so effin deep to get the ball.

Wilbur

Banned
From my not terribly well informed point of view I would have France and Portugal tied.

I'd say there's a few more stronger teams in France than in Portugal, but fairly even yeah.

I would put us above France. Uefa ranking is giving me the reason to do so :p

Haha England are top of UEFA as well :(

Maybe. I dunno, I don't watch enough Portuguese football I suppose, rather uneducated of me I guess.

^ sounds about right.

Btw. on Sunday we'll have a small preview of the most likely Euro League final: Bilbao vs. Valencia.
Valencia haven't lost vs. Bilbao for 6 consecutive games and won 5 of them.
(although they drew in the first leg this season)

However, Hanover shouldn't be underestimated either.

rodvik

1. MLS
2. Italy/Germany/Spain
3. EPL
4. Portugal/France
5. Russia
6. Netherlands

And its called SOCCER bitches!

gasolineonfire.gif

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Huntelaar scores his second on a pk (handball).

Schalke is one away from advancing and given how shitty Twente looks this half, it'll probably happen.

bjaelke

"There is a marked difference between the atmosphere here and the one that greeted Chelsea's players as they came out at Stamford Bridge looking to overturn their own deficit against Napoli. Chelsea, of course, fed very successfully off that backing. City have been as flat as their fans."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom