• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
5v3fp16uys1.gif

Fur_Q said:
This is still my favourite song at the mo at it's ancient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY

It was perfect for Drive!

You were sweating hard the last 10 mins though weren't you.

Admit it. ;)

I almost needed a diaper. City could have beaten us easily but they only put some effort on it after we scored on the first leg and on the second half of tonight´s game.
I´m hoping City can learn something out of this and that they win the Premiership this year, should be an interesting change and it will force United to get some new players next year.

Clegg

Seeing them next Tuesday. Big Arena, I'm nervous. Plus, I'm not as big of a fan of their newer stuff.
I wouldn't worry about. I've only ever seen them in smaller venues but they're a good band and I'd expect their sound to translate well in a larger setting.

I actually think their last 3 albums are the best work they've ever done. I'll alwats have a soft spot for Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory but I definitely prefer the newer stuff.

I wouldn't worry about. I've only ever seen them in smaller venues but they're a good band and I'd expect their sound to translate well in a larger setting.

I actually think their last 3 albums are the best work they've ever done. I'll alwats have a soft spot for Thickfreakness and Rubber Factory but I definitely prefer the newer stuff.

Attack and Release is my favorite I think, but I love their older stuff. Specifically I wasn't impressed with their latest album.

Clegg

El Camino is the best thing they've ever done, hands down.
:)
Attack and Release is my favorite I think, but I love their older stuff. Specifically I wasn't impressed with their latest album.
:(

El Camino as a bit more straightforward than the previous 2 records but it's still a very good album.

Early Black Keys is amazing but they were beginning to sound a bit samey after a few albums.

They got better when they started to experiment more.

Wilbur

Banned
Mind Eraser is my alarm at the moment haha.

Best album EVER though? Blonde On Blonde. Or Loveless. They're hands down the greatest things ever existed.

:)

:(

El Camino as a bit more straightforward than the previous 2 records but it's still a very good album.

Early Black Keys is amazing but they were beginning to sound a bit samey after a few albums.

They got better when they started to experiment more.

IDK, I see their new stuff as experimenting less, they added more vocals, and became more 'poppy'. Please don't get me wrong though, I'm not trying to say their new stuff is bad at all. I just was hoping for a better blend of Brothers and some of their other stuff. I am going to see them in concert after all. My biggest worry is the venue. Roughly 10k people.

Oh, and I don't know how I found this band. I had them on my 'Current Listening' playlist, but they aren't bad, and have a distinctly 80s feel.

Penguin Prison - Self Titled Spotify Link

Also, here is my Spotify link Feel free to add me there and on Facebook if you so choose.

Facism

Gold Member
Football GAF. Severe bollocks! At the Drive In playing reading (yes i only just found out) but i have a friend's wedding on the same day :< :< :< :<

burgercry.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Football GAF. Severe bollocks! At the Drive In playing reading (yes i only just found out) but i have a friend's wedding on the same day :< :< :< :<

burgercry.gif

Have the wedding in Reading, I shall take pictures (or go to leeds)

WJD will do catering

Clegg

I'm trying to get back into F1 but everything seems so sterilized now.

It was much more exciting before they changed the bloody rules.

Sunhi is also doing his usual amazing gif work on the F1 thread too.

Fur_Q

Good, everyone living in Europe is sleeping. Time to talk about A-League and MLS guys.

So whats going on over there guys I want stats, pics, gifs, legible entries, movers, groovers, quakers, shakers, winners, sinners, playboys, choirboys (exclude the priests) underground, overground, wombelling, free,

Infact i WANT IT ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL :pacino

I'm trying to get back into F1 but everything seems so sterilized now.

It was much more exciting before they changed the bloody rules.

Sunhi is also doing his usual amazing gif work on the F1 thread too.

It's only FP1! It gets much more exciting than this. Most people are just excited to see the new cars on track.

TeegsD

So I guess the time wasting isn't as bad due to the dislocated shoulder. Good on Pereirinha for trucking through that. I've never dislocated mine but I can assume that the pain is equivalent to 2 cubic fucktons

DominoKid

IDGAF about the Europa League but it was hard watching us get ran ragged for 180 mins by a second tier La Liga team

at least Iraola didnt score that goal tho.
i get tired of seeing repeats of goals that happen to us.

obv we need a major investment to compete at the highest level in Europe.

TeegsD

Bilbao simply outclassed a team that just didn't seem to want to be there. United just honestly looked like they wanted to get the 90 minutes over with and get back home. It was really pathetic. Sure the EL isn't that big as the CL and sure we just retook first place and want to try to keep a hold on it but that doesn't excuse the performance today. But this Bilbao team didn't look like it was going to lose even if we looked more determined. And had their finishing been better, this could've been a very embarrassing outing for us.

I know it's only qualifying but the entire product just seems a bit lacking right now imo. At lest compared to 4-5 years ago.

Qualifying is Saturday. It's the first and second practice sessions this morning. There's nothing too exciting that happens during this time.

I'd take Muniain or Susaeta over Young, Martinez over any of our centre midfielders. Pogba did have a presence that's true, but Cleverley was terrible for 85 minutes tonight.

Cleverley was out of position on the right wing last night. If you remember last year's U21 tournament, he played diabolically there under Stuart Pearce. The logic then that stronger players would be used centrally and Cleverley could float inwards, but it's pretty obvious that Cleverley is isolated whenever he plays on the wing, and plays poorly whenever he can't get on the ball consistently. I never thought I'd see Fergie play him there, too. This time it was to accommodate Park as a central midfielder, which was the worst tactical mistake of the night. Park's legs are gone, it seems, because Fergie doesn't appear to trust him out wide any more; his technical ability just isn't up to playing as a central midfielder, though, and he certainly isn't a stronger player. In a perfect world, Cleverley would have started centrally and Welbeck would have started on the wing. Not to say that we still wouldn't have lost handily on aggregate, but we would have given it more of a fight, even if still outclassed. Our midfield set-up last night was just all wrong. I'd like to say it was indicative of the over-rotation Fergie's been indulging in but this time it might have been warranted with the title run-in to consider.

It's crazy, but we might actually need another winger in the summer, because I think it's time to let Park go. (That's beside the need for a midfield alternative to Carrick, but that's quite obvious at this stage.) Otherwise, Pogba did well - he showed good composure and technical ability. Our attack looked much better when Welbeck came on, too. Ashley Young - I don't know, he's an enigma to me. I'm certain he's a poor footballer, at least mentally, and then he pulls goals and assists out of his hat the next time I see him play. We'll see, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom