• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

United going out to Athletic isn't the end of the world to me as Athletic play wonderful football and deserve to be higher in La Liga. They have some amazing talent, many of whom will be watched and tempted by bigger, richer clubs.

However, all respect to Sporting, but City are a disgrace.

mokeyjoe

You don't even need to watch European football to know the Premiership isn't exactly going through a great patch at the moment. All the 'big four' have had problems - it's one of the most mediocre Man U teams in recent memory, City still haven't managed to get going despite the spending, and Arsenal and Chelsea have both had troubled seasons. Add in the occasionally ludicrous excuse for defending we've seen across the board and the flaky performances shouldn't really come as a surprise. Some of the sillier scorelines this season are testament to that.

The only team that seems to have been on the up is Spurs. Fair play to Harry Redknapp and everything, but to what degree is their current position down to the teams around them struggling?

elseanio

Haha, awesome:

Dear Sean,

Congratulations! You are the winner of our Turkish Tourism ticket competition.

Your prize is one pair of hospitality tickets to the Liverpool FC V Wigan Athletic fixture on Saturday 24th March 2012.

Please can you send over an address to post the tickets to? Please note, tickets will be sent special delivery and will need to be signed for. Enclosed with the tickets will be a letter with directions and information including arrival times.

Thank you for entering our competition and we hope you enjoy the game.

Many thanks

Was going the game anyway, but now get a meal before hand :p The questions I answered was "What is the currency used in Turkey?"

Haha, awesome:

Was going the game anyway, but now get a meal before hand :p The questions I answered was "What is the currency used in Turkey?"

Nice, been corporate at anfield in the past and had a great day

Fun aside, my dad was in corporate there the day we won the league and can be seen on the pictures of the team celebrating.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mancini European cup tactics =

fa5.jpg

City-GAF, what did I tell you about Mancini
Fey2e.gif
He won't get you far in Europe with his spineless tactics.

elseanio

Nice, been corporate at anfield in the past and had a great day

Fun aside, my dad was in corporate there the day we won the league and can be seen on the pictures of the team celebrating.

Haha, that's great!

I've been to Anfield on corporate for a Champions League game. We had seats in the stands though (right on the half way line), but had access to a 'champions suite' which had loads of free food/beer.

Not sure if these tickets are the same, or if they're in a box.

Fur_Q

Preferred this to the original, good shit.

Meh, couldn't get into it.

This is proper good stuff though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1kithVZjts&feature=related

Nothing beats Ultimate Warrior Hulk Hogan wrestlemania.

City-GAF, what did I tell you about Mancini
Fey2e.gif
He won't get you far in Europe with his spineless tactics.

Who do you support? lets all have a laugh at you.

We are learning we have little european experience compared to the rest. United were gash in Europe from the get go, they learned. And won it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C.

Read that.

Arnie

Having so much fun with FIFA Street, I just had to share this crime scene earlier on

iSQS7YCaCcmpk.gif

Holy fuck. We need the 'IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?" gif.

Loved the demo, recreated our five a side team Inter Migran and created everyones virtual pros. Was funny/surreal as fuck. Will pick the game up if/when it hits ~£20.

If I have one criticism it's that too few of the custom voices are Northern.

Yurt's a Juve fan with a special place in his heart for Liverpool.

Clegg

That is a tune! I haven't heard it yet, I have their older stuff though; Seek Magic is a great record.

I'm co-hosting my first radio show next Tuesday and we wanna suggest new music and stuff, is this new enough I can get away with it haha?

It's only a few years old, I think you'd get away with it.

I'm not sure many people have even heard of Memory Tapes.

Wilbur

Banned
It's only a few years old, I think you'd get away with it.

I'm not sure many people have even heard of Memory Tapes.

Well then yes. I've never heard that song before. I will get away with it. I'm also hoping to get away with Curtis Mayfield and David Sylvian. Springsteen's new one is going on there, that was hot.

Wilbur

Banned
If you're looking for some mellow stuff then you could play some Wilco.

I love this song especially

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBOVy-MypTo&feature=related

Wilco are wonderful. Also my new crush; Andrew Bird. I sat down doing my essay earlier and I put him on the speaker. Normally I listen on the bus or whatever so I can hear over things but fuck me if he isn't an amazing writer.

Spearing > Cleverly

Night guys.

Spearing Tuesday > Cleverley tonight

Cleverley actual ability as opposed to running around like an enthusiastic hare > Spearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom