• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschalter

DerZuhälter;36083367 said:
Funny none of the posted predictions got it right...

But there must be surely some trickery involved in this. Barca-Real Final ensured, Barca-Chelsea grudge semi-final revived and "La bestia negra" vs Real Madrid in the semis...

Or APOEL turns out to be the Greece of EC 2004

there're are always going to be loads of 'stories' once you get this far I'd say, i wouldn't say that's proof of anything.

FootballFan

Do it for Abidal boys!!
again :(
Messi, Iniesta, Puyol and Xavi, dont get injured please.

edit:
Correct me if I'm wrong but Marseille won't even have Mandanda for the first leg against Bayern, right? Should be fun.

He got a red, doesn't that mean he misses both games?

edit edit: Think its only 1 game since it was 2 yellows not straight red. Nvmd

Oh Shit, just saw the results of the draw. Looks like Real Madrid vs Bayern for semi-final 1, tasty.
I'm worried about Barca though, last two times they played Milan they drew at home and won 3-2 away. If Milan play like they did against us in the group stages its going to be tough.

Antioch

Why do people want a classico as the final? They are always like turgid dogshit to watch and full of theatrics and whining to the ref.

Because they are always dramatic and entertaining because of it, personally though I would much prefer a Bayern-Barca final.

I'm worried about Barca though, last two times they played Milan they drew at home and won 3-2 away. If Milan play like they did against us in the group stages its going to be tough.

our squad is decimated this second half of the season, you will be playing against a makeshift defense consisting of bonera and mesbah, and nesta is out with long term injury. and robinho and pato are probably out too. also prince is injured and on his way back but knowing him he will re-injure himself. so don't worry, it won't be the same milan you faced earlier.

i was hoping to get an easy-ish draw that way we could maybe recover some players for the semis, but oh well.

Every week/other week. They're all over the world obviously so the timings differ greatly. The calender tends to move across the world though so they'll be at a similar time for a couple of weeks at a time.

This years calender

GAF's F1 threads are usually great. I don't really post in them but worth following if you're looking to get into it. Sunhi is on fire there too.

Thanks Viva, I'll definitely make an attempt to watch a few this year.

bjaelke

NlzQU.png

Madridy

AZ Alkmaar vs Valencia
Schalke v Athletic Bilbao
Sporting vs Metalist
Atletico Madrid v Hannover

Spanish Europa final is possible!

Pretty cool draws for the Europa League. I'm for Bilbao and Hannover.

Hannover could kick out three Spanish teams this Europa League season if they make it to the final lol

fuck's sake, we have to play barcelona AGAIN!?

oh well, almost beat them last time, we can do it. we really got screwed though, first arsenal now barca. oh well.

i just hope to god that antonini recovers and we don't have to play mesbah. abate is already injured so we are fucked.

edit: and van bommel is suspended. fuck me in the eye.

Oh, I forgot about MVB. Nice :D

I've never seen a lucky draw for us in the CL. Never. Well, at least we'll be able to focus on the scudetto for the last part of the season.

Scum

Fuck! Missed the draw but damn! What a draw.
All Spanish finals in European footie?! :O

I'm still sticking with R. Madrid winning the CL.

MPW

I just realized Madrid will have a Clasico between the two semifinal legs, 2 days before the second, good news for Bayern?

not if madrid is till 10 points ahead

barca can win it but it won't matter much, madrid will be 7 points up and should win the league

Antioch

not if madrid is till 10 points ahead

barca can win it but it won't matter much, madrid will be 7 points up and should win the league

Sure, but it could still have a pretty big effect on the team, facing Barca at Camp Nou and then Bayern in the second leg of the CL semi-final a mere two days later.

Obviously and the semis 2nd leg is at Bayern, MWHAHAHAHAHA

I thought 2nd leg would be Madrid?

Yeah, I'm very confident for this next round. The semi-final though will be very tough. Hopefully we keep this momentum going.

Worst thing about the draw is that we will be facing Benfica right after our trip to Ukraine. They might be a bit tired also because they will have to face Chelsea twice and Braga just before going to Alvalade.

Fantomex

Wake up this morning and see I was right in my predictions. Anyone want Lottery Numbers? How to ask a girl out? What to ask for as a raise? What to offer on that new home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom