• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

United-GAF reckon Valencia could come back into the team on Sunday?

I will self-harm if he doesn't. Deffo a sub.

Welbeck out wide works pretty well, but if Wolves defend as rabidly as I expect, we will want pace and meaningful delivery. Young will either show up or not. At least Tom got 90 minutes done, even if it was a shambles. I think it will be Scholes and Carrick to start, though. Tom et Pog as midfield changes. Hernandez should start.

And aside from the odd shove and splendid cleanup from behind, Pog handled himself ok. Confidence will hopefully bring out his driving, shooting, long-passing game.

Sleepy

Did anyone see Rafa on Sky today...Guy really wants a PL job-- but only one that has a shot at trophies. He seems desperate.

ShogunX

Interesting CL draw with obviously Milan/Barcelona being the pick of the bunch. Think Chelsea will struggle with Benfica but if they make it past them then a potential Semi Final with Barcelona will be interesting.

Will we see the return of -

IT'S A DISGRACE!

Didier_Drogba_1398057i.jpg

defel

I really hope Rafa gets a shot at managing Chelsea, I actually think he would be a good fit. It's never going to happen but one can dream.

GQman2121

Banned
I really hope Rafa gets a shot at managing Chelsea, I actually think he would be a good fit. It's never going to happen but one can dream.
He would never be accepted.

Personally, I would like us to consider David Moyes. He's poven that he knows his stuff in regards to the league and he's clearly is capable of great things. One being, defeating us.

defel

He would never be accepted.

Personally, I would like us to consider David Moyes. He's poven that he knows his stuff in regards to the league and he's clearly is capable of great things. One being, defeating us.

I agree that David Moyes would be a good choice but I'm interested why Chelsea fans would accept David Moyes but not Benitez.

Fady K

Hard luck for the Manchesters. Bilbwow is a wonder team so they lost to a very good opponent at least, hope they make it to the finals against Atletico. City on the other hand, I felt bad for as well; why did they throw away the first half though?? They were excellent in the second! They went from 3-0 down to 3-3, and if Hart scored that at the end it would have been glorious.

Regarding the draws, can't complain - For both my teams the games will be entertaining, as Milan and Benfica are tough opponents. Even United was not able to beat Benfica across 2 legs, so I would like to see how Chelsea can do.

Madrid vs Bayern for a semi-final will be so delicious. Barca vs Chelsea will be painful. I love both. I never had to watch two teams that I highly love play against each other; I have no idea how this will feel (if Barca and Chelsea beat Milan and Benfica, respectively).

God dammit Fady! At least quote ONE of my posts :p

Congrats ;) Even though Chelsea kinda screwed with our whole season now
dk0Co.gif

I must have missed your post Yurt :'( I still love you and I'll be rooting for your team in the Serie A. If only they can stop drawing :[

Madrid is too good for who? You know Messi plays for Barca right?
Unless I was confused and you meant Madrid are too good for Chelsea, in that case, I would agree.
Again like I said though, it's CL. Even bad teams like Inter can beat Barca so anything can happen. Form, Injuries, Suspensions, Refereeing, Away goals rule, Cheating(look at the last few pages of GIFs lol) all come into play and can change the whole outcome.

edit:
Barca to vs Chelsea in the next round and kick ass again.
Then get some revenge for La Liga and beat Madrid in the Semis
Then Beat Milan in the final 4-0 as payback for Milan beating the dream team in the '94 CL final.
I wish

Yeah I meant Madrid being too good for Chelsea at this stage. What do you think of the draw? It's nice that we get to play a tough and exciting game before the semis. Milan are good.

i got my ps vita and i got fifa! add me! DimiKun is the name

Adding you up Blablurn :D Congrats on the Vita!

terrible news about abidal, hope he can find a donor.

Yeah he's had a tough period huh? They were hoping that the surgery was enough, unfortunately it wasn't.

Really, really impressed with Bilbao. Amazing team, brilliant fans.

Seriously. Never knew how entertaining they were before watching them in the EL. They did come agonizingly close to beating Barcelona in the league as well, gave me quite a scare. I hope to see them life the trophy (EL).

hahahahahahahah that would have been amazing

He was so close! Headlines would have been maddening!

My heart would not be able to take a clasico final. I would be GUTTED if we lost to them.

Same. I can imagine the same situation as the Copa Del Ray final from last year happening to us. Would suck :[

Sleepy

That Di Matteo press conference was hilarious. And even though he seems to welcome the player-power, you get the sense that he is very much in control.

Sleepy

He is doing a good job as assistant manager. I wonder what squad John Terry will pick?

LOL. Maybe I misread "in control" as "John Terry does all the work."

I just purchased a few issues of The Blizzard this week, and although I have only given them a cursory look, they seem fucking phenomenal, and much better than 442.

rodvik

I just purchased a few issues of The Blizzard this week, and although I have only given them a cursory look, they seem fucking phenomenal, and much better than 442.

Heh 8) Just messing around. Yeah the Blizzard is fabulous. Thanks for the reminder I havent read the latest issue.

Sleepy

Heh 8) Just messing around. Yeah the Blizzard is fabulous. Thanks for the reminder I havent read the latest issue.

You are probably not that far off if you have seen Coach Terry passing instructions to RDM.

Everyone in this thread needs to support Wilson's magazine/journal. Pay-what-you want means everyone can get involved.

How good are the biographies on Wenger?

Your avatar made me think so. The Blizzard really is fantastic. I so hope they succeed and keep going because every article is so well written, insightful and a joy to read.

juanpablo

Banned
League of Ireland GAF are you there?

Game of the weekend is tonight @ Turners X between the two best supported teams in Ireland* CCFC - The good guys - versus Shamrock Rovers ( boo! hiss!).

Should be a great game, the first big game at the X since CCFC returned to the bigtime. Shams are overwhelming favourites given their team and form, but they always seem to bottle it against City.

I've put my money where my mouth is and have dosh on a CCFC win, given their poor form and ropey defence this could be a right waste of cash.

Nonetheless C'mon City!!!

*not including barstoolers & daytrippers to various British clubs.

Clegg

League of Ireland GAF are you there?

Game of the weekend is tonight @ Turners X between the two best supported teams in Ireland* CCFC - The good guys - versus Shamrock Rovers ( boo! hiss!).

Should be a great game, the first big game at the X since CCFC returned to the bigtime. Shams are overwhelming favourites given their team and form, but they always seem to bottle it against City.

I've put my money where my mouth is and have dosh on a CCFC win, given their poor form and ropey defence this could be a right waste of cash.

Nonetheless C'mon City!!!

*not including barstoolers & daytrippers to various British clubs.

Nothing good has ever come from the Peoples Republic of Cork (except Denis Irwin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom