• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

Yes. It was just plain stupid to play him in the Basel game... he was one yellow card to be banned from the next match already and the injury... just stupid.

he should have get that yellow. he weould be back in the semi finals when we need him more than now. as for his injury, he's extremly unlucky and heynckes is an idiot

RaGe_pt

We are playing against Nacional (in half an hour) in Madeira to secure the first place. This is one of the most disputed leagues I've ever seen. We are one point ahead of Braga and Benfica and there are still 8 games to play. We don't have Hulk and Fernando for today's match, it's going to be hard.
Poooooortooooo!

League of Ireland GAF are you there?

Game of the weekend is tonight @ Turners X between the two best supported teams in Ireland* CCFC - The good guys - versus Shamrock Rovers ( boo! hiss!).

Should be a great game, the first big game at the X since CCFC returned to the bigtime. Shams are overwhelming favourites given their team and form, but they always seem to bottle it against City.

I've put my money where my mouth is and have dosh on a CCFC win, given their poor form and ropey defence this could be a right waste of cash.

Nonetheless C'mon City!!!

*not including barstoolers & daytrippers to various British clubs.

I wasn't aware Messi and I had planned a rematch of our Airtricity rivalry.

Fry

Just seen this in the other thread:

untitled-8407ean.gif

Hahahah, this could be pretty useful around here.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Oh, I forgot about MVB. Nice :D

I've never seen a lucky draw for us in the CL. Never. Well, at least we'll be able to focus on the scudetto for the last part of the season.

vUjVg.gif

WHAT THE FUCK PLATINI! I thought we were buddies :( At least give them an easier draw!

Can we have the Coppa please?
I must have missed your post Yurt :'( I still love you and I'll be rooting for your team in the Serie A. If only they can stop drawing :[

We can't score, win or lose. It's a curse, Fady
nBOZF.gif
nBOZF.gif
nBOZF.gif

Amauri will set us free tomorrow.

yurt we are probably going to gift you the coppa, for what it's worth. we are playing that game and the game vs. roma and the game vs. barca within about a week. priorities, etc.

Chelsea on top in this youth cup game. All of our kids wearing black boots, no fancy colours allowed!

Edit - United have just equalised. Lucky drop of the ball for 16 year old James Wilson. 1-1 now.

Rad-

I can't really see the final being anything other than Real - Barcelona. They are just so above every other team. Maybe Bayern - Barcelona but even that would require Madrid choking a bit.

Islam Feruz makes it 2-1 with a great hit. United player gave it away way too easily in a very dangerous position there.

A shame for us we were getting well on top. Bit of a sucker punch.

The only way I see Madrid losing vs Bayern is with a shitty defensive effort. This season showed more than once that you can beat Bayern when you defend each Robben and Ribery with two man. But yeah, Marcelo and Cristiano defending Robben, that might not work. But on the other side, Mourinho.

rodvik

I can't really see the final being anything other than Real - Barcelona. They are just so above every other team. Maybe Bayern - Barcelona but even that would require Madrid choking a bit.

I think thats right but Milan are less spooked by Barcelona than Real are. I can see that game being close.

Bo-Locks

Lord knows my hatred for Chelsea, but I want them to beat Barcelona in the semi and fuck some people up. The worst refereeing performance of all time (it's a fucking disgrace) has still left a bitter taste in my mouth. I hope Bayern win the entire thing.

FootballFan

Yeah I meant Madrid being too good for Chelsea at this stage. What do you think of the draw? It's nice that we get to play a tough and exciting game before the semis. Milan are good.

Oh okay.
I mentioned before that I am not really that happy with it. The semi's are looking great though assuming there are no upsets.
Madrid vs Bayern, Cheslea vs Barca. :O
On the quarterfinals though, the reason I didn't like it is 'cause those games just don't seem like they will be entertaining and I don't think I will watch the Madrid Apoel or Bayern Marseille games past the 10th minute when it will already be 2-0. Benfica Chelsea could be a good game, and the obvious one, us vs Milan.

Lord knows my hatred for Chelsea, but I want them to beat Barcelona in the semi and fuck some people up. The worst refereeing performance of all time (it's a fucking disgrace) has still left a bitter taste in my mouth. I hope Bayern win the entire thing.

Best match of all time. Have watched the replay of that game more than 10 times. Beautiful. Championsleague football at its best.

It would be a great story if Chelsea could play and beat Barca to get revenge and justice for what happened a few years ago but I just don't see that happening. Barca would be way too strong for them.

Milan vs Barca will be a good tie though. Barca obv. favourites but I can see Milan making life difficult for Barca.

Fady K

thanks for the add fady! nice to see some football gaf on my friends list.

It's great to have you on the list Blablurn :) Anytime you have any Vita games you would like to play co-op in mind, let me know.

vUjVg.gif

WHAT THE FUCK PLATINI! I thought we were buddies :( At least give them an easier draw!

Can we have the Coppa please?

We can't score, win or lose. It's a curse, Fady
nBOZF.gif
nBOZF.gif
nBOZF.gif

Amauri will set us free tomorrow.

Haha! I feel your pain about Milan's draw bro! They possibly got the hardest draw. As for Juve, the win has to come soon, they're a great squad; we just have to hope that they are sicker of drawing than we are! Amauri scoring would be the ultimate trolling!

Islam Feruz makes it 2-1 with a great hit. United player gave it away way too easily in a very dangerous position there.

I just watched the game, good stuff! Honestly I was surprised at how much the Chelsea youth improved; last season they lost 4-1 at Old Trafford. While the second goal happened because of an error, the United goal was very lucky to be honest. So it's all good ;D What are your thoughts on Feruz btw? I WISH the first team gets someone like him...he's too young though damn it :[ That Utd player Barnmby? He's good too.

Oh okay.
I mentioned before that I am not really that happy with it. The semi's are looking great though assuming there are no upsets.
Madrid vs Bayern, Cheslea vs Barca. :O
On the quarterfinals though, the reason I didn't like it is 'cause those games just don't seem like they will be entertaining and I don't think I will watch the Madrid Apoel or Bayern Marseille games past the 10th minute when it will already be 2-0. Benfica Chelsea could be a good game, and the obvious one, us vs Milan.

Yeah I won't go for Madrid or Bayern's quarter final games. Way too predictable, no chance for either opposing team really. Our game will be heated up, that's for sure. We'll just have to be careful with our defense - last time we have Milan too much space at Camp Nou.

dc89

birdsnest.ashx

Representatives from Manchester City have today visited the world-famous Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing to formally announce this summer's China Cup fixture with Arsenal.
Patrick Vieira joined his former Gunners team mate Martin Keown as officials from both clubs and the local FA held a joint press conference for the Chinese and other international media.

The Premier League rivals will meet at the venue for the 2008 Olympic Games, on Friday 27 July, the day the 2012 Olympic Games begin in London.

Worlds greatest website

So does that mean City are done touring the USA and are now working on building a following in the far east?

RVP will make his debut

zFB8y.gif

Carbonox

Norwich are gonna hammer Newcastle this week, all but ending our chances for top 6, especially with Liverpool on the ascendency, along with the teams nearby. Our remaining fixtures do not help us.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm not shocked we draw Milan, I knew we were going to get a difficult draw. Madrid got the easiest draw, now Xabi Alonso being unable to play in the first leg of the qf means jackshit. then they talk crap about UEFA being pro-Barca.

Was hoping to watch this but completely forgot. I know Chelsea won, but how did the two sides look?

Fady K

Was hoping to watch this but completely forgot. I know Chelsea won, but how did the two sides look?

They were both very good, but I was extremely surprised by how well Chelsea pressed during much of the game. Dat Islam Feruz, he was something else . Piazon was excellent too. Just for comparison's sake - Chelsea's youth lost to United's youth 4-1 at Old Trafford.

It was a good game. Chelsea were worthy winners, just about, I'd say. Chelsea dominated the first half hour. United came back into it a little towards the end of the first half but did really well for the first 20 or so minutes of the second period in which we scored of a lucky break. Feruz's goal was very well taken and after that it was pretty even either way.

Chelsea looked a better side on the whole with a touch more quality. It's hard to judge at this level but comparing against United's youth team of last year, this one is certainly well short of that one.

Feruz looked dangerous but Piazon was certainly the best player on the pitch for me in terms of obvious quality he has. Of all the players out there he was the only one who I could see stepping up to first team level within the next year or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom