• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

us winning it is the closest your club will have been to a cup in over 50 years

WHICH IS LESS THAN 38 YEARS

Salazar

There's a bit in the Hunter book on Barca about Messi playing a youth game after a severe facial injury - and they gave him one of those masks, but as soon as he got on the pitch he looked down at the ball and it was obstructing his view. So he threw it off, scored two quick goals, got subbed off. Huge risk.

us winning it is the closest your club will have been to a cup in over 50 years

Maybe Newcastle could release a dvd of an Everton victory.

SrceO.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
There's a bit in the Hunter book on Barca about Messi playing a youth game after a severe facial injury - and they gave him one of those masks, but as soon as he got on the pitch he looked down at the ball and it was obstructing his view. So he threw it off, scored two quick goals, got subbed off. Huge risk
The book's brilliant, isn't it? I've just finished the Xavi chapter, he's a very good writer.

I should be reading Atonement and The English Patient because I have an essay in on Thursday but fuck that

Salazar

If I get stuck without an aisle seat on this flight I will nut a British Airways stewardess and be featured in the Daily Mail.

And forfeit some of my moral high ground over Joey Barton.

Don't have to worry about a Le Saux-type intellectual disrupting the squad said:
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain insists he does not get nervous ahead of big matches because “football is football"

Arnie

If I get stuck without an aisle seat on this flight I will nut a British Airways stewardess and be featured in the Daily Mail.

And forfeit some of my moral high ground over Joey Barton.

Do you have a particular phobia of window seats? I'm both fascinated and slightly scared by the window whenever I'm next to it. I love looking down and seeing everything at a new scale, but I hate seeing the wing and realising what's keeping me airborne and alive.

Or you could just be one of those flyers who likes frequent trips to the bathroom.

Hoping Sunderland win today. Want Everton dumped out of the competition, forget a Merseyside Semi. After the amount of shit I took before the derby I still don't feel it's been adequately paid back. I know about 5 people at the match too, a couple of which have ignored me since the derby. Well they can't ignore a Bendtner winner.

Arnie

My last long flight involved close proximity to an obese mafioso with the flu and a tattooed, malevolent-seeming offsider.

Add that to the flight duration and I see your concern.

My last flight involved me getting wedged next to an alcoholic businessman who owned a brewery and kept repeating how he couldn't wait to get home and see his daughter (who he sees every couple of weekends) so he could take her to the pub. She just loves those days at the pub.

Since I last went on a plane I've started experiencing a bit of travel sickness when on longer journeys, so I'm almost hesitant to step back on a plane. I'll need to at some point.

Hixx

Everton team: Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Drenthe, Jelavic, Cahill, Neville, Osman, Rodwell, Fellaini.

Fucking Cahill. Broke my heart in the semi's 8 years ago, absolutely fucking hate him.

Messi

Oooow my fucking head :( sorry for last night GAF, just read back through my slurred posts and p;ictures of olivia. Horrified does not begin to describe it.

It's all good fun, but c'mon...did you really expect us to want Sunderland to win?

HIXXSAFC saying any Newcastle is obsessed with his team is ironic, when his gamertag refers to Newcastle. Just ignore him, he's a terrible troll, and when he can't troll and his intellect is put to the test he just gets angry and starts to call people names. ;)

Fady K

Dunno about starts.

Milner came on as a sub at 16. Likewise James Vaughan. Wazza was 17.

Edit: Don't know what I'm talking about. Will amend this post.

Yeah, seems so.

16? Wow, impressive. That's how old Islam is. Hell i'd go nuts if he gets to start at 18 even.

40 minutes til game time wheee!

You seem to be enjoying the football world :D Any particular clubs or games you enjoyed more than most? I remember when I first got into football a year and a half ago, it was a beautiful thing to add to life :) (and a painful thing too :[)

GorillaJu

HIXXSAFC saying any Newcastle is obsessed with his team is ironic, when his gamertag refers to Newcastle. Just ignore him, he's a terrible troll, and when he can't troll and his intellect is put to the test he just gets angry and starts to call people names. ;)

FTM = fuck the mags?

Indeed!

Angry little man syndrome.

Of course he could mean it in the literal sense, and he wishes to procreate with us in an effort to increase his offspring's IQ.

You seem to be enjoying the football world :D Any particular clubs or games you enjoyed more than most? I remember when I first got into football a year and a half ago, it was a beautiful thing to add to life :) (and a painful thing too :[)

The teams I enjoyed watching most so far was Liverpool and Arsenal. Haven't picked a group to follow just yet though.

Salazar

16? Wow, impressive. That's how old Islam is. Hell i'd go nuts if he gets to start at 18 even.

The Rooney story I never tire of is Moyes telling him to stay after training for some heading practice. And Moyes couldn't, according to Rooney, put in a single decent ball. Whereupon Rooney walked off.

Not a very classy thing to put in a (putative) autobiography, but there you go.

The Rooney story I never tire of is Moyes telling him to stay after training for some heading practice. And Moyes couldn't, according to Rooney, put in a single decent ball. Whereupon Rooney walked off.

That's pretty funny! The trick there is to make one of your young wingers stay back and practice his crossing at the same time!

bjaelke

Oooow my fucking head :( sorry for last night GAF, just read back through my slurred posts and p;ictures of olivia. Horrified does not begin to describe it.
Tonight our roles will change. I'll be doing the drunk the posts and you can take your laptop to the bathroom.

Fady K

Some big games tonight.

A couple of Premier League (West Brom and Fulham to win) and an FA Cup games (Everton vs Sunderland :0!!! I reckon Sunderland to get this, Tottenham to brush aside Bolton) .

Sevilla vs Barca (OUR CHANCE TO KEEP MADRID FROM GOING OVER 10 POINTS AWAY FROM US LOLZ)! Fiorentina vs Juventus (NO DRAWS PLZ)

Some big Bundesliga games too! Dortmund vs Bremen and Leverkusen vs Gladbach and Berlin vs Munich. Ancelotti's PSG play today too.

Fady K

Messi, we have a fun game to watch tonight :0! The team we are facing tonight is the only one that we could not beat at Camp Nou in the league this season.

The teams I enjoyed watching most so far was Liverpool and Arsenal. Haven't picked a group to follow just yet though.

If you enjoy Liverpool nowadays, you should have seen what they were like back then. You have also been watching a far-improved Arsenal, they have come a long way from the ugly start of the season. Isn't Van Persie such a joy to watch?

Not a very classy thing to put in a (putative) autobiography, but there you go.

Harsh :[ Why did Rooney leave Everton anyway?

Hixx

You got banned for calling me a name as well after you went tattling to the mods, you hypocrit
KuGsj.gif

Evidence of me trolling, please.

You got banned for calling me a name as well after you went tattling to the mods
KuGsj.gif

Evidence of me trolling, please.

Well, actually, it was because I asked if I should ask a mod. Facts and delusions are a strange concept for you guys, so I'll let this one slide.

Please, Jon. Your game starts soon, you should probably go claim your chair in the pub. I noticed you have edited your post, and added an extra line. I assume you had to google its meaning to make sure you were using it in the correct context. Nice effort, however, it was a wasted one.

Hixx

Well, actually, it was because I asked if I should ask a mod. Facts and delusions are a strange concept for you guys, so I'll let this one slide.

Please, Jon. Your game starts soon, you should probably go claim your chair in the pub.

Well as a Mag, you are a master of delusion. So I will bow to your superior knowledge there.

And no pub for me, me granddad wants to watch the game and he's a bit too old for the pub on a matchday so he's coming down here.

edit: the hypocrit part was just leftover from referencing the 'neanderthal' insult which I ended up not posting. Continue trying to insult my intelligence though, it's a bit sad really.

madmackem

now now girls, i think its safe to say both clubs have fans obsessed with each other. fucking cahill, how long is it since he scored?, get your money on him today.

Well as a Mag, you are a master of delusion. So I will bow to your superior knowledge there.

And no pub for me, me granddad wants to watch the game and he's a bit too old for the pub on a matchday so he's coming down here.

'Coming down here'? I swear no-one actually lives in Sunderland. They have an Olympic sized swimming pool and a bowling ally. What more could they need.

now now girls, i think its safe to say both clubs have fans obsessed with each other. fucking cahill, how long is it since he scored?, get your money on him today.

Can't imagine O'Neill's kick and chase will work too well against Everton, since they're a pretty rigid team.

Oh look its Roy Keane! Perpetual anger.

madmackem

Can't imagine O'Neill's kick and chase will work too well against Everton, since they're a pretty rigid team.

Oh look its Roy Keane! Perpetual anger.

We are missing some big players today, sess will be the biggest loss in our counter attacking style. And cattermole, hes been a different player under mon, if im honest i cant see us winning today either way this season is ending alot better than it looked like it would under brucey.

We are missing some big players today, sess will be the biggest loss in our counter attacking style. And cattermole, hes been a different player under mon, if im honest i cant see us winning today either way this season is ending alot better than it looked like it would under brucey.

Well, the talk about Cattermole from a Sunderland coach I know was that he was turning up constantly drunk when Bruce was the Manager... and Bruce did nowt about it. However, he also reckons O'Neill limits his exposure with the players, so that when he does his match preparation and motivational talks his voice has more meaning.

Oh, great the game is back on.
Oh wait.. a few Irish jokes. A few interviews and.... another break. Great. I love ITV.

madmackem

Well, the talk about Cattermole from a Sunderland coach I know was that he was turning up constantly drunk when Bruce was the Manager... and Bruce did nowt about it. However, he also reckons O'Neill limits his exposure with the players, so that when he does his match preparation and motivational talks his voice has more meaning.

Oh, great the game is back on.
Oh wait.. a few Irish jokes. A few interviews and.... another break. Great. I love ITV.

Wouldnt surprise me, cattermole was bruceys boy. I shouldve went today given that shit record we have against everton as i was there for the last win and there in the league cup win on pens in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom