• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
31 goals is the record for a 38 game season, held jointly by Alan Shearer and Cristiano Ronaldo. I see RVP breaking that, still 10 games to go and quite a few easy opponents too. RVP could get close to 35 or so.

Salazar

Uh oh - then things aren't going to go well for West Brom in this match against Manchester UTD (yeah I'm a bit behind right now)

The thing about that sendoff was that inexcusable berk Dean Sturridge saying "you've got to feel a bit sorry for him".

Do one, Sturridge. After his defence of Norwich kicking Nani because making them look like the plodders they are is "disrespect" - he just shouldn't commentate on our games. Or anyone else's.

thats_the_joke.jpg

On the topic of FIFA street though Meus, is it the full game you're playing or just the demo?

Full game, bro

GRRM has confirmed that he has 6 different projects he's working on and none of them are the 6th book. In fact, I think it's almost a certainty that the show will have caught up before the final book is released. Then there will be trouble.

In that circumstance, he'll probably just give them an outline for his final book (which will be the seventh, by the way). There'll be inconsistencies, but I doubt it will be major trouble if that actually happens.

I also think the wait for A Feast for Crows was worse, simply because of how incredibly awesome A Storm of Swords was. I remember the impact of reading that the summer I was going into high school, back when I was super-enthusiastic about everything I liked. I turned maybe three or four people onto the series during high school. And now, a decent number of those who looked at me funny when I admitted to loving a fantasy series are planning on reading the books. Ah, the power of HBO.

Salazar

Oh shit. Brazilian Ronaldo has started training to become an MMA fighter.

Stoke are already there.

Harry Redknapp's ears are twitching said:
The creative midfielder’s family have failed to adjust to life on Wearside and O’Neill fears that he could be forced to leave the Stadium of Light as a result.

But the Black Cats' boss expects the club do its utmost in an effort to keep the 27-year-old, who has been instrumental in the Mackems' rise up the Premier League table.

He said: "We wouldn't want to lose Sessegnon because of homesickness.

“His family concerns over there are something we will really have to look at, particularly now.

“I think the club has got a good reputation for trying to help. We will do everything we can, put it this way.

“We have someone here at the football club that is in constant touch with Sess. We have given him a little bit of time to go and see his family.”

sohois

Stoke are already there.

I had no idea Sessegnon was that old, thought he was early 20s.

In any case, the guy would be a good signing for any of the top teams except for City(well, he's still better than Nasri), though if he actually is homesick then presumably he would want to leave England and not move to another Premier League club.

Salazar

Don't do it, Ron.

Only way I can see this turning out to my satisfaction is if Ron choked out Jamie Redknapp. That would be the ideal bout.

yogloo

Everyone in this thread needs to play ios/android game "new star soccer." This is one of the be the pro game I've ever played. It's only 99 cents on ios and a few bucks on android I think. Give it a go. NOW.

madmackem

I had no idea Sessegnon was that old, thought he was early 20s.

In any case, the guy would be a good signing for any of the top teams except for City(well, he's still better than Nasri), though if he actually is homesick then presumably he would want to leave England and not move to another Premier League club.

Would be gutted to lose him, this homesickness thing has been doing the rounds since not long after he arrived. Something about his kids still being in france, he is a top player wouldnt look out of place in any side at the top of them prem is coming into his prime age so if he is sold we will want a big return on the £5mish we paid.

Good luck everton gaf, may the best team make it to weeeemmmberrrrly today.

Blablurn

talking about wishful thinking...

bayern gonna win, dortmund gonna draw....

too bad the reality will be more like this...

dortmund 4:0 bremen

GorillaJu

Sessegnon has been fantastic this season. He was great last year too but was probably stunted a bit by Bruce's management.

Though my midfielder of choice in the league aside from Liverpool players is Moussa Dembele. He's way under-appreciated, IMO.

Sloosha

Cool name too, did you watch them yesterday? Apparently Islam Feruz already made his debut for the reserves team :0! Has a PL team ever started a 16/17 year old in the first team?

Didn't get to see it, but I heard Piazon and Feruz did well. Will be interesting to see how the youth do in the NextGen series next year.

Santana on Facebook:

Very happy because it's my birthday. It's just a pity that I don't get my biggest present! That would be to play in front of my fans today and in front of a very special person in my life... my mother!

Oh shit, Felipe :’-(

Hixx

dem nerves have hit me

someone left a bottle of olde english cider in the fridge last night... on the pikey-o-meter, where would drinking that at 10.45am scale?

Happy St Patricks Day!

Let us all get pissed as Messi :D Pretty good day for sport allround, off to the pub soon to cheer on Everton with the rest of Newcastle!

HOWAY THE......Evertons?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom