• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

I hope you savour the next 2 books because its going to take GRRM another 10 years to finish the series :(

I managed 10 pages of the first one. What I need is a holiday so I can read again, and thankfully I've a 'holiday' over Easter so I might actually get to read A Game of Thrones! :D

Would get me back into the mood for the TV show plus give me greater depth I guess in understanding it all.

Clegg

I managed 10 pages of the first one. What I need is a holiday so I can read again, and thankfully I've a 'holiday' over Easter so I might actually get to read A Game of Thrones! :D

Would get me back into the mood for the TV show plus give me greater depth I guess in understanding it all.

Now is a good time to read them. You have 5 great books in front of you as well as the tv show which is starting its 2nd season next month.

Once you're done you'll have to endure the wait like the rest of us. I think book 6 won't be out until at least 2016.

Arnie

I hope you savour the next 2 books because its going to take GRRM another 10 years to finish the series :(
I've heard that, and it scares me. Fucking loving them and I've breezed through them to this point because I couldn't put them down. I guess I'll just take the next two at a slower pace to savour the flavour. At least I've got the show to sustain my interest once the books are done.
Man after my own heart. Fnl is one of my favorite things of all time. Movie and tv show.
I'm really enjoying it. It's not Sopranos level of good for me, but it's a guilty pleasure. I'm also on the cusp of buying thisand strutting around like Tim Riggins.

Read them. Now.
Are the GoT books actually good?
Better than good. There's never been a better time to jump in, with the series and all. I read GoT, watched the first series, connected the dots and joined the two to colour my imagination when reading all the followup books.

Storm of Swords is the greatest book I've ever read. Mostly in part to the excellent two before it. It's an orgasm in literature form.

Salvadora

Storm of Swords was the peak. AFFC & ADWD are both great but don't come close to the previous books, I eagerly await The Winds of Winter.

kharma45

Now is a good time to read them. You have 5 great books in front of you as well as the tv show which is starting its 2nd season next month.

Once you're done you'll have to endure the wait like the rest of us. I think book 6 won't be out until at least 2016.

I've a 5 hour flight to Cyprus (and back again) next month so I'll probably get stuck into it during that, I always enjoy reading on planes.

Man after my own heart. Fnl is one of my favorite things of all time. Movie and tv show.

Must check this show out then, can't say I've heard of it until now but a quick Google shows very positive reviews.

Read them. Now.

I will, very soon.

Arnie

Storm of Swords was the peak. AFFC & ADWD are both great but don't come close to the previous books, I eagerly await The Winds of Winter.

If AFFC and ADWD reach the same standards of the first two books then I'll be more than content. I was well aware reading SoS that it would take a few thousand extra pages of exposition before I read anything of similar goodness.

Clegg

I've heard that, and it scares me. Fucking loving them and I've breezed through them to this point because I couldn't put them down. I guess I'll just take the next two at a slower pace to savour the flavour. At least I've got the show to sustain my interest once the books are done.

Storm of Swords is the greatest book I've ever read. Mostly in part to the excellent two before it. It's an orgasm in literature form.
Storm of Swords is amazing. It did have that chapter that made me want to rage quit the series though.

I have a bad feeling that the show will have caught up with the books before the final volume is finished. If they get renewed for a 3rd season they may have to split Storm of Swords into 2 separate seasons. That would work because so much happens in SoS. You'd need 2 seasons to get through it all.

GRRM has confirmed that he has 6 different projects he's working on and none of them are the 6th book. In fact, I think it's almost a certainty that the show will have caught up before the final book is released. Then there will be trouble.

Salvadora

If AFFC and ADWD reach the same standards of the first two books then I'll be more than content. I was well aware reading SoS that it would take a few thousand extra pages of exposition before I read anything of similar goodness.

I would argue that AFFC is the worst book in the series, Yet still good. ADWD is great though.

Drogba is such a massive cunt.
Oh god
KuGsj.gif
speculation speculation speculation.

Must check this show out then, can't say I've heard of it until now but a quick Google shows very positive reviews.
Im sure most Europeans are put off because it's American football

@Arnie: I bought a jacket similar to that after the first season because of his. Lol

Anyone know how to multiquote on the GAF web app?

Arnie

Storm of Swords is amazing. It did have that chapter that made me want to rage quit the series though.
I know the one, I read that at about 3 in the morning and I was ready to fucking give up. I honestly put the book down in disgust. Luckily I read on and certain other chapters made up for it.
I would argue that AFFC is the worst book in the series, Yet still good. ADWD is great though.

So I've heard. I'm almost spurred on to enjoy it more though because of all the negative impressions. I'm glad that ADWD is well regarded though. Can't wait for it.

IAM SRY GUYZ :(
Don't apologise. Keep drinking.

@Arnie: I bought a jacket similar to that after the first season because of his. Lol
I plan to get a Dillon football t shirt too.

I really feel like re-watching Running Man. Saw it like 4 times when I was a kid. Arnold is a legend.

It was on Film 4 just now. Something to do with Hunger Games? You'll probably be able to catch it - It'll be on a few more times as F4 just love their repeats.

Running Man was definitely a movie I've seen more times as a kid than as an adult. I'm sure that was the intended effect.

Kyoufu

Friday Night Lights is more interesting than the Europa league :p

No seriously, everybody here should watch it even if they don't like American Football. It's so good.

Also, One Tree Hill is good if you like Basketball and teen drama.

Could do with a good football and baseball show now.

Wilbur

Banned

No seriously, everybody here should watch it even if they don't like American Football. It's so good.

I always used to enjoy Dream Team. It was bollocks but it was fun bollocks.

Kyoufu

I always used to enjoy Dream Team. It was bollocks but it was fun bollocks.

Oh wow, I completely forgot about that. I was a wee lass when that was on TV.

edit: I think one thing the US could do to increase interest in the MLS is to do a Soccer based drama show. Get some decent actors and a good plot and you're gravy.

Clegg

I liked AFFC. Some parts were a bit boring but I appreciated the focus it put on the slightly more peripherel characters. The Cersei POVs were the highlight imo.

AFFC was never going to top what occured in SoS anyway.

Salvadora

I liked AFFC. Some parts were a bit boring but I appreciated the focus it put on the slightly more peripherel characters. The Cersei POVs were the highlight imo.

AFFC was never going to top what occured in SoS anyway.

It ruined Brienne for me.

Messi

THE OC?????????/

Feorax

Drunk thread?

Drunk thread.

I am also rather tipsy, but I'm going to bed. Messi has this thread coverd for drunkards

Quoting is a pain on here. So no quoting for now.

@Arnie. Already have one of those :D

@Messi I like One Tree Hill and the OC. Just not Season 2.

To anyone who likes FNL , try watching Varsity Blues. Fantastic teen dramedy centered around HS FOOTBALL (american)

Big weekend ahead. Got the DVR set for:

Everton vs Sunderland
Wigan vs West Brom
Tottenham vs Bolton
Fiorentina vs Juventus

Wolves vs Manchester United
Liverpool vs Stoke
Real Madrid vs Malaga

Messi

Quoting is a pain on here. So no quoting for now.

@Arnie. Already have one of those :D

@Messi I like One Tree Hill and the OC. Just not Season 2.

To anyone who likes FNL , try watching Varsity Blues. Fantastic teen dramedy centered around HS FOOTBALL (american)

WHR IS OLVIA SSE2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom