• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Watching Leeds - West Ham... it's amazing how many players in West Ham that were regarded as class just a couple years ago. Nolan, Green, O'Neill, Cole, Carew (32 y/o tho), Noble... they really should be higher up in the table.

Aren't they second? Maybe they should be ahead of Southampton but they're not failing, it's their style of play that isn't great.

GorillaJu

If it wasn't for Jeff I'd want Blackburn to go down, but Wolves and QPR can suck a fat one. If pushed I'd rather Wigan stay up than Bolton though, Martinez is a crush of mine

hate QPR, but I really don't mind Wolves at all. Firing McCarthy was a dick move, IMO, but I still enjoy watching them play for a bit of classic wingers + graft.

Kyoufu

Wigan why you so shit?
LLShC.gif

Manager

Aren't they second? Maybe they should be ahead of Southampton but they're not failing, it's their style of play that isn't great.

Nvm, I had an older table up.

Leeds are doing good though, hopefully Warnock can work his magic. I also see Ken Bates at the stadium, nice to see him skipping Monaco for a weekend for once.

zlatan + el-shaarawy up top, nice.

Milan: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Muntari; Emanuelson; El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic

Milan bench: Amelia, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Mesbah, Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, Yepes

bolded = LOL, i never thought we could be top of the table with these guys in our regular line-up. allegri is a miracle worker.

Wilbur

Banned
hate QPR, but I really don't mind Wolves at all. Firing McCarthy was a dick move, IMO, but I still enjoy watching them play for a bit of classic wingers + graft.

Wanted them to stay up until they got rid of Mick. It's not that I want them to go down, just out of the clubs going down i just don't care if they do. QPR though, I really want them to go down.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs team to play Bolton:

Cudicini; Walker, Gallas, Nelsen, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Modric, Parker, Bale; Defoe, Saha.
subs - Friedel, Kaboul, Rose, Kranjcar, Livermore, Sandro, Giovani.

Rafa on the right again. /vadernooooo

GorillaJu

Joe Allen! God, I love Swansea. They have so many quality players and play wonderfully together. The only thing they could use is a real striker with an eye for goal. In terms of quality, they're solidly a mid-table team in the PL. Fuck it, let's send them to the Uefa cup!

And Brendan Rogers is serious business as a manager.

Hixx

What do you think about Bridge so far?

I've only seen highlights but it seems like he lost his marking for Cahill goal? Similar to that stoppage time goal a couple weeks ago.

He's ok. Very slow and just a filler player when it comes to defending set pieces but being a squad-player at a mid-table club is about his level. Not a patch on Richardson and he's not even a natural left back.

Scum

Spurs team to play Bolton:

Cudicini; Walker, Gallas, Nelsen, Assou-Ekotto; Van der Vaart, Modric, Parker, Bale; Defoe, Saha.
subs - Friedel, Kaboul, Rose, Kranjcar, Livermore, Sandro, Giovani.

Rafa on the right again. /vadernooooo

We've lost this one.

Hixx

Also Hixx hates Swansea

LLShC.gif

Don't hate them. I just don't get the constant wankfest. They can be very good but they can also be borderline ridiculous... when they played us at the SoL it's like they forced a handicap on themselves not to play any long balls and it bordered on the absurd when their keeper got involved in it. And the comments their manager made post-game were embarrassing.

It's nice to have principles but at times when I watch them they take it too far and to their own detriment.

zlatan + el-shaarawy up top, nice.

Milan: Abbiati; Zambrotta, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, Ambrosini, Muntari; Emanuelson; El Shaarawy, Ibrahimovic

Milan bench: Amelia, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Mesbah, Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, Yepes

bolded = LOL, i never thought we could be top of the table with these guys in our regular line-up. allegri is a miracle worker.

I wonder why Allegri keep Yepes on the bench, when is clearly way better than Bonera. Also, Antonini against Giovinco will be fun to watch: one of the best young players in Serie A against, well, a guy. Seeing Zambrotta in our starting XI still hurt my heart.

And Emanuelson isn't that bad Frank :p Of course there are better players, but he knows how to play football.

Someone needs to get Gylfi the fuck out of Hoffenheim this summer. It pains me to see one of the few gems to ever come our tiny ass island rot away in some even tinier farm town in the ass middle of nowhere, all the while being managed by some dumbass yokels that should get relegated next season at the latest.

Also, I really have to get into this "rugby" thing, if only to get why the Brits at the bar are talking about.

Kyoufu

What a missed opportunity for Wigan to get out of the bottom 3. Terrible.

edit: wait that was FA Cup? Bah. Poor Wigan are doomed to get relegated.

Lambert scored another hat trick

Exactly the type of player West Ham could do with, instead of the entirely lacklustre Carlton Cole and Nicky Maynard, who just does not look comfortable playing in Fat Sam's boring, negative 1-up-front formations.

God, watching West Ham these days is so fucking depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom