• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck on the left ?

Bench: Amos, Giggs, Smalling, Park, Young, Fabio, Pogba.

No Clev. Hold me.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why does it seem they bench Pogba all the time if he's such a 'phenom'? Is it because he's too green to be starting this late in the season? Has he been injured?

Messi

Look what I found on deviant art (I know) people will draw anything:

c3ec2f34eb42af29b3569cab6da464ab-d4rgqv2.jpg

Salazar

Sorry if this is a stupid question but why does it seem they bench Pogba all the time if he's such a 'phenom'? Is it because he's too green to be starting this late in the season? Has he been injured?

He's young, this is his first exposure to top level football (lol Premier League lol), and it's a complicated time in the season to put new players out there. And he has a bit of a reputation for losing possession in critical spaces. Not that he's done that yet for us, but it might explain some of the reticence.

In fact, he's been (briefly) rather good at hanging onto the ball, and at winning 50/50s. If he gets to play a half, perhaps, we'll get to see a greater part of the range of his game. Because it is there - he's not a simple footballer.

A large part of the reason why he's even on the bench is because he has been thinking about leaving us, and we want to keep him and develop him into a really excellent, physically dominant central midfielder. This would have been a lot easier if he'd come into the first team like Cleverley did - in pre-season friendlies, building up to the early games of a season. When there is time to figure out his influence on the team and its tactics at large. It's a gamble at the moment.

Thankfully Olivia Wilde looks nothing like that.

He's young, this is his first exposure to top level football (lol Premier League lol), and it's a complicated time in the season to put new players out there. And he has a bit of a reputation for losing possession in critical spaces. Not that he's done that yet for us, but it might explain some of the reticence.

A large part of the reason why he's even on the bench is because he has been thinking about leaving us, and we want to keep him and develop him into a really excellent, physically dominant central midfielder.

Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

3/4 of these statements from Bolton and Spurs are nonsense. Yes, we know he collapsed. Yes, we know it happened yesterday evening, and yes we bloody know it happened on the pitch - you don't need to fucking give us a weather report of the night. He was being resuscitated? Oh? We thought he was being massaged, how could we have not known that. Yes, we know he's in critical condition - the media have stated that yesterday. Yes, we know the match was abandoned. Who writes this stuff?

You have to get to the last sentence to find an actual update.

Berbatov not on the bench again, we don't even have a striker on the bench.

I've never been a big Berbatov fan but man I feel bad for him now, wasted a year here.

Guy scored tons of goals last season, what's not to like?
It's not really that I dislike him, just I much prefer all our other forwards options. Berbatov's a good player but his style isn't suited to ours and I think we basically wasted alot of money on him. Of course, that's not his fault.

Arnie

It was a mistake watching for Cleverly wasn't it, he's made of glass. Oh well, I'll stay for the Terry Connor managerial masterclass.

Carbonox

We lost 5-4 today in a cup game. Was hilarious as the opposing team were such dirty fuckers at times. One of our players slid in and the opposing player got him in a headlock and DDT'd him in to the ground and knocked him out. Only a talking to was given. :lol

Moobabe

Thumbs up, down, or across ?

Bench.

Thumbs up from me - I hoped Di Matteo would rotate a bit and he has done;

Cech; Bosingwa Cahill Ivanovic Bertrand; Meireles, Mikel; Sturridge, Mata, Kalou; Torres.

Implies, as least, that Mata is in behind Torres, with Kalou and Sturridge out wide.

Lampard, Ferreira, Essien, Drog, Hilario, Malouda, Luiz

Surprised, however, that some of our younger players aren't on the bench. Why Malouda instead of Lukaku? Ah well - only a few games to go, we should (should) win today, and hopefully a Torres goal to seal it.

Was in in the pub yesterday when we heaerd about Muamba, many a pint of Guinness was toasted to him. Hope he recovers soon.

A nice 3 points from Newcastle would go a fair way to make the weekend a little less depressing so hoping for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom