• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohois

I have no idea whether that's true or not, but even if it is...why would he hate Liverpool? I'm not saying he does or doesn't, I have no idea. In my experience I haven't noticed a particular bias, but people are quite sure he harbours bad feelings to the club and I can't imagine why he would unless something has happened to make him feel that way.

Could easily be some kind of neutrality thing, where he tries to prove that he harbours no goodwill towards Liverpool by being particularly harsh on them in his reporting. But I don't really know; I can't say I have ever really followed Mark Lawrenson or Jim Beglin enough to notice this kind of thing.

Kyoufu

I quite like Abload too. But the complaining about minus and telling people to use imgur instead is hilarious.

Not as hilarious as the "compression" excuse.

I mean, you are watching a horrible quality stream to begin with.

Football |OT8| Gifs minus compression

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People arguing about image hosting websites is almost as hilarious as this referee performance

That's what I was thinking
tSaWP.gif
tSaWP.gif

Playing for a team automatically means you like them?
I didn't say that. I'm saying the opposite, that criticising a club or not predicting that they will do very well doesn't mean that person hates the club.

I think Lawro predicted Liverpool would finish 4th this season anyway.

Could easily be some kind of neutrality thing, where he tries to prove that he harbours no goodwill towards Liverpool by being particularly harsh on them in his reporting. But I don't really know; I can't say I have ever really followed Mark Lawrenson or Jim Beglin enough to notice this kind of thing.
Yep good point could be that.

I really doubt he hates Liverpool though.

sneaky77

who cares as long as the gifs get posted

Athletic - Valencia, here we go, hoping for the three pts to stay in the race for champs league positions, but Llorente and Toquero are both out so it should be interesting who plays as 9

edit: Looks like susaeta is playing as 9

xbhaskarx

Torres scores!! he can finally show the T shirt he's been wearing under his Jersey "Pray 4 Chilean Miners" @FOXSoccer @RobStoneONFOX
35 minutes ago from web

lol

Not as hilarious as the "compression" excuse.

I mean, you are watching a horrible quality stream to begin with.

If you really think compression can't do terrible things to gifs you are clueless. But as I already said it's 2mb max too. Oh and my horrible quality stream.

jONpvGPrc6WNz.jpg

That's more than good enough for a 300xsomething gif, lol

Kyoufu

If you really think compression can't do terrible things to gifs you are clueless. But as I already said it's 2mb max too. Oh and my horrible quality stream.

That's more than good enough for a 300xsomething gif, lol

I am a stream peasant :( My video quality is as good as Stoke's playstyle.

WJD

06Wvb.png

great game today.

Thought both Paul's looked pretty comfortable in midfield though today. (of course taking into consideration that they were against 10 men)

Manager

This surely was posted in here earlier today?

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has rounded on his critics, suggesting those who claim this season has not been a success need an "intelligence check".

Dalglish's side sit seventh in the Premier League - below their sixth-placed finish last term - and inconsistency means the Reds are unlikely to end the campaign in the Champions League qualifying places.

Despite that Dalglish has earned success in the cup competitions, winning the Carling Cup last month, while Liverpool could also return to Wembley if they can beat Stoke in Sunday's FA Cup quarter-final at Anfield.

Dalglish believes those successes prove his side are enjoying a good season and denied the league was the main measure of their fortunes.

"I think people should take an intelligence check. It's not true that you should only look at the league table," the Liverpool manager said.

"Some people will look at that but there's a bigger picture than that. There are two other competitions which people say are treated with disrespect.

"Judging by league positions is also disrespectful. For us, all we have said is we want to move the club forward.

"On the pitch I think it's moved forward. We will just keep going and believe in what we are doing."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...lish-blasts-back-at-liverpool-critics?cc=5739

Those quotes will be great if they can't beat Stoke.

Fairly certain it's this. I've heard Andy Townsend and Ruud Gullit be incredibly critical of Chelsea at times, but it was games when we really weren't that bad. Always seemed to me like they were trying their hardest not to come across as biased.

Torres scores!! he can finally show the T shirt he's been wearing under his Jersey "Pray 4 Chilean Miners" @FOXSoccer @RobStoneONFOX
35 minutes ago from web

lol
KuGsj.gif

Any FA Cup highlights on tonight (UK)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom