• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

How to trash a Scudetto.

Chapter 1: draw against Chievo in Torino.

Ah, and for the darling who said we would've lose if not for the referee.. The player who shot the ball towards Bonucci scoring a WONDERFUL goal, had to hit the showers before.

Because you know, a tackle from behind means at least yellow card. And if you already have one...

Conte made the wrong substitution anyway, Caceres for Marchisio came too early, had to be done on 2-0. You can't defend for 30 minutes.. vabbuò va, fanculo.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How to trash a Scudetto.

Chapter 1: draw against Chievo in Torino.

Ah, and for the darling who said we would've lose if not for the referee.. The player who shot the ball towards Bonucci scoring a WONDERFUL goal, had to hit the showers before.

Because you know, a tackle from behind means at least yellow card. And if you already have one...

Conte made the wrong substitution anyway, Caceres for Marchisio came too early, had to be done on 2-0. You can't defend for 30 minutes.. vabbuò va, fanculo.

Leave Frank alone, he's still bitter
a51LO.gif

Yup, XI was wrong. Glass half full: One game in hand (Bologna :(), win it and we're tied with Milan with better head-to-head results. Glass half empty: Scudetti is won in the provinces, not in San Siro, unfortunately.

Chapter 2: Buy Vucinic.

elsk

Banned
I'm still down, after how bad Bayern played today. I really hope something happens in the next days, I would like Jupp to be sacked but I doubt that would happen unless we get eliminated against Basel.

Mierda :(

Rikkun

Leave Frank alone, he's still bitter
a51LO.gif

Yup, XI was wrong. Glass half full: One game in hand (Bologna :(), win it and we're tied with Milan with better head-to-head results. Glass half empty: Scudetti is won in the provinces, not in San Siro, unfortunately.

Chapter 2: Buy Vucinic.

Chapter 0: Give away Bonucci. Manco a calcetto lo voglio più vedere.

A draw was a fair result in the game of th century today. Villa looked a really good team first half and battered us as we were shite but then second half villa were absolutely appalling. Quite funny walking to the ground with villa fans chanting 'can we swap managers'

Onto other news, Suarez didn't dive per se but certainly 'cheated' IMO, also as pointed out on motd there is no way a ref can see that and just given it on a hunch, it's irellevent anyway the guy is a grade a cunt but 90% of players go down there maybe just not as dramatically.

Hixx

A draw was a fair result in the game of th century today. Villa looked a really good team first half and battered us as we were shite but then second half villa were absolutely appalling. Quite funny walking to the ground with villa fans chanting 'can we swap managers'

Onto other news, Suarez didn't dive per se but certainly 'cheated' IMO, also as pointed out on motd there is no way a ref can see that and just given it on a hunch, it's irellevent anyway the guy is a grade a cunt but 90% of players go down there maybe just not as dramatically.

What if we amalgamated them...

jPPXEgW5l4xQN.jpg

Have fun sleeping.

Bumhead

Banned
Just watching Match of the Day and Chelsea's defending is comedy stuff. Seriously, some of that wouldn't look out of place in League One.

What's clear from watching this is that the players have switched off. They're not playing for AvB. You don't fix that. You can't. The man has got to go, and that's really unfortunate.

The best thing for Chelsea as a club right now is if somebody comes in and guts this team inside out in the summer, so long as Abramovich provides the funds to do it.

I just don't get managers at times Mccleish did it today and Kean did it against Sunderland. 1-0 up away at half time they think sitting back and inviting pressure is the way forward.

Had villa continued in the same way they would have won that comfortably

Blablurn

I'm still down, after how bad Bayern played today. I really hope something happens in the next days, I would like Jupp to be sacked but I doubt that would happen unless we get eliminated against Basel.

Such a big dissappointment! I cant believe whats going on here! We need some changes. Especially in the defense. Ah fuck it. I cant believe what happened to us :(

Your only chance is Schweinsteiger coming back with a boom. Jupp is going nowhere this season, after it he may "retire".

elsk

Banned
Such a big dissappointment! I cant believe whats going on here! We need some changes. Especially in the defense. Ah fuck it. I cant believe what happened to us :(

In the defense? The only problem with the defense is Rafinha and Neuer with the crosses.
our problem is lack of real tactics in attack, they just pass, pass, fail. Pass the ball all the fucking 90 minutes from one side to another, without making a fucking filtrate pass or a shot from outside the box.

Your only chance is Schweinsteiger coming back with a boom. Jupp is going nowhere this season, after it he may "retire".

If Basel wins at the Allianz Arena I'm pretty sure that's it for Jupp.

I just don't get managers at times Mccleish did it today and Kean did it against Sunderland. 1-0 up away at half time they think sitting back and inviting pressure is the way forward.

Had villa continued in the same way they would have won that comfortably

The thing is, he has been doing this all season, and then says that he sets out to win games! Of four clean sheets this year, 3 have been 0-0 draws, against teams like Wigan, and Wolves. It is unbelievable.

If Basel wins at the Allianz Arena I'm pretty sure that's it for Jupp.

I don't see it happening. Jupp getting fired, not Bayern losing :p

I really like Freiburg's new coach by the way. He's seems bit crazy but he revived the team. I would have loved to see what he would have done with Cisse still in the team.

And I want to see Leverkusen taking over place 4, the team currently there fucking sucks :D

Edit: I knew I forgot something about Bayern. They became extremely dependend on Schweinsteiger in the last two years. They started getting really good in the beginning of 2010, when Schweinsteiger became a world class player. Last season, Schweinsteiger never really was at his best, Bayern wasn't either. The beginning of this season, Schweinsteiger back to world class, Bayern already seemed sure Bundesliga champions. After the injury, it all went downhill.

Feorax

I just wanted to share a magic moment with football-GAF. Tonight, whilst being driven to the pub, I saw something re entering earths atmosphere. It has a bright tail and soared across the sky before burning out and disintegrating. It was truly beautiful.

In other news, i think i know what happened to Charlie Adam's penalty ball from last week...

Well, rather than try and get a full time replacement, why not give it to Di Matteo for the rest of the season? He's a manager and played pretty decent football at West Brom (before they dropped off).

Wouldn't be the worst idea.

Also, I am not interested in having Rafa as manager. Even if he can get Fernando scoring.

Madridy

If AVB is sacked tomorrow, I see Capello replacing him since he loves JT so much...

Nah! whom I'm kidding! I don't think Capello wants to go back to England after what happened.

Yen

Guys, I've figured out the reason for Liverpool's poor form. I took the strap off my guitar before Christmas, and when did Liverpool's terrible form begin? Before Christmas. I've put the strap back on and I guarantee we win the next game (I don't know who we're playing). No need to thank me, Pool-GAF.

Hixx

Guys, I've figured out the reason for Liverpool's poor form. I took the strap off my guitar before Christmas, and when did Liverpool's terrible form begin? Before Christmas. I've put the strap back on and I guarantee we win the next game (I don't know who we're playing). No need to thank me, Pool-GAF.

We will beat you.

Clegg

You play Sunderland at the SoL next

Good luck with that :)

That would be interesting, but I'd like to see AVB stay and restructure the team in the summer.

I'm not a Chelsea supporter, but I would agree with this.

I think Villas-Boas has the potential to be a brilliant manager, and I think if given the chance and the autonomy to operate as he pleases, he could do some great things at Chelsea.

But I see Roman's patience running out very soon.

elsk

Banned
I don't see it happening. Jupp getting fired, not Bayern losing :p

I really like Freiburg's new coach by the way. He's seems bit crazy but he revived the team. I would have loved to see what he would have done with Cisse still in the team.

And I want to see Leverkusen taking over place 4, the team currently there fucking sucks :D

Edit: I knew I forgot something about Bayern. They became extremely dependend on Schweinsteiger in the last two years. They started getting really good in the beginning of 2010, when Schweinsteiger became a world class player. Last season, Schweinsteiger never really was at his best, Bayern wasn't either. The beginning of this season, Schweinsteiger back to world class, Bayern already seemed sure Bundesliga champions. After the injury, it all went downhill.

Jupp is desperate. He even rushed Ribéry today, it wouldn't suprise me if he tries to rush Schweini too for the match against Basel. I hate Leverkusen since the Vidal-issue, so today was a very bad day for me.

Yes, Freiburg is playing very well and with very young players. I hope they don't get relegated.

Really? I think Schweini was very inconsistent until this season. Actually, I think he got a little better after van Bommel left... could be a coincidence obviously. Anyway, I hope he returns and takes his place as the true captain/engine of Bayern.

Btw, what do you think? Is Bayern playing poorer than years before or Dortmund being around the real reason of Bayern not being the normal Bayern? I mean, if Dortmund was shit, like you used to be :)... Bayern would be in first place right now anyway. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say here.

Hixx

Afraid not. There is a direct correlation between results and my guitar strap. Science proves it.

there is also a direct correlation between liverpool being shit and us not being shit.

then we'll do the blue side of the mersey during the week.

confidence is starting to overcome me, I need to go to bed.

KuGsj.gif

ftm

Kyoufu

I'm not a Chelsea supporter, but I would agree with this.

I think Villas-Boas has the potential to be a brilliant manager, and I think if given the chance and the autonomy to operate as he pleases, he could do some great things at Chelsea.

But I see Roman's patience running out very soon.

I agree. I think he deserves credit for being 5th on the table given the fact that his 50 million squid signing has zero goals in the league, and the rest of the team (aside from Mata) not giving a fuck/being really sloppy.

Really? I think Schweini was very inconsistent until this season. Actually, I think he got a little better after van Bommel left... could be a coincidence obviously. Anyway, I hope he returns and takes his place as the true captain/engine of Bayern.

Btw, what do you think? Is Bayern playing poorer than years before or Dortmund being around the real reason of Bayern not being the normal Bayern? I mean, if Dortmund was shit, like you used to be :)... Bayern would be in first place right now anyway. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say here.
I wouldn't call Schweinsteiger consistent to be honest. Like I said, in the 09/10 season, he was only fantastic in the second half of the season when he found his position. Before that he was extremely inconsistent. 10/11 was just not good for the whole Bayern team. This season so far, he was fantastic until the injury. He's world class at times but I wouldn't call him consistent until he plays at his best for a whole season or even more.

I get what you're trying to say. But I'm not sure how to answer that. Bayern is obviously having big problems, I don't know if it would be different if we still played for a Europa League place. Maybe, maybe not. Other teams would have more points, maybe Bremen would be up there. And just saying, Gladbach can still get in front of you tomorrow ;)

elsk

Banned
I get what you're trying to say. But I'm not sure how to answer that. Bayern is obviously having big problems, I don't know if it would be different if we still played for a Europa League place. Maybe, maybe not. Other teams would have more points, maybe Bremen would be up there. And just saying, Gladbach can still get in front of you tomorrow ;)

Yes, but it would be "big problems" if we were still in first place? We started losing after the winter break, and a little before, but we were still ahead of Dortmund so everything was "ok", the crisis "started" when Dortmund took the first place away from Bayern and so on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve is going to set a new record for the most draws in a season.
OH THANKS SPLATT

I'll only start complaining after we officially hand the first spot to Milan. :p

One thing is certain though - next season with better strikers, it won't be the same
LLShC.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom