• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

FUCK ME TOO VUCINIC
iRfhtjdiA8mZY.gif

Again and again

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm worried because tomorrow our medical team will look after them, so we may lose them for 1-2 months. True story. ._.

I think that both Allegri and Galliani asked for some kind of revenge, mostly due to the Serie A match. You know, "hit 'em, choose your time wisely and just hit them."

Holy crap I am exhausted too.

I hope that wasn't the case -_-

FootballFan

What an incredible exhibition from Messi. He is now the top scorer in la liga and the barça player who has scored more goals in its history.

And who knows..maybe he will be like this for 3 or 4 more years.

I think so. I thought no one would beat Ronaldos 42 goal season for quite a while. Then couple years later Messi got 47 which is what the other Ronaldo had, then next season he scored 53, I thought that was it, no way you can get higher than that, now Messi has 54 with atleast 12 games left. lol.

At this rate, 65 is looking like an achievable target. sixty-five. lol.
And he looks to be breaking all the CL top scorer charts too.

He is 24 and if he doesn't start partying to 5am before game day and drinking etc then I can easily see him continuing at this rate.

Arnie

Knew Blackburn would do it, said as much last night. I also said I'd put a couple of quid on which I forgot to do and am regretting at this moment.

Zabojnik

I need to rest. All this for a Coppa Italia match, haha.

Too bad about tomorrow's game. Siena have basically already said that the match against Napoli is just a formality for them. They are not interested in the Coppa Italia and only care about the weekend's game. Fuck this bullshit. Siena gets to play a final - of any kind, really - once every 50 years, if that, and they don't care, even though they won @ home? I hate this attitude, hate it with a passion.

Hixx

Messi has 233 goals?! He's gonna end up with more goals than most pro's make appearances...

edit: and on a shit night, nice to see Leeds getting thumped for 7.

I think QPR could pull a Blackburn tommorow and nick a win over Liverpool. No idea why I think that though.

Can't wait for El Cashico tommorow though, hope City get back to just the one point.

FootballFan

Messi has 233 goals?! He's gonna end up with more goals than most pro's make appearances...

234 not 233 I think. Either way, incredible lol.

How much would Messi cost? I can see Shitty bidding for him. lol

I would not sell Messi for even 130mil. Who is Barcelona going to buy with 130mil that can do what Messi does? eg. He won the Spanish Supercup for us, no one else. And it was his first game of the season after an extended holiday, vs Madrid, 3 goals, 2 assists. Irreplaceable.
Messi suits Barcelona perfectly and Barca suits Messi perfectly. City wouldnt be able to make his wages much higher than they already are. So I don't see him wanting to leave, and I don't see Barca wanting to sell him.

TeegsD

Porto have been getting completely worked. Hulk has been made invisible for the most part. James and Janko(sp?) also havent done much since coming in.

And Benfica moves on to the final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I need to rest. All this for a Coppa Italia match, haha.

Too bad about tomorrow's game. Siena have basically already said that the match against Napoli is just a formality for them. They are not interested in the Coppa Italia and only care about the weekend's game. Fuck this bullshit. Siena gets to play a final - of any kind, really - once every 50 years, if that, and they don't care, even though they won @ home? I hate this attitude, hate it with a passion.

Not Cavani again :(

How did Blackburn play?

I'm assuming they sat pretty compact and pressed hard about 20 yards out?

Unspectacularly solid.

Drab game with 2 unambitious sides but I don't give a fuck, long way to go but we have a chance of staying up now. QPR will win tomorrow and I think Bolton will come together no and have a good run

The Yak is genuine quality, great Muamba tribute and well done referee for not booking him

Porto have been getting completely worked. Hulk has been made invisible for the most part. James and Janko(sp?) also havent done much since coming in.

And Benfica moves on to the final.

Were we watching the same game? Benfica were clearly superior on the last 30 mins of the first half but Porto was on top on the second one, and overall Porto ended up with twice as many attacks, more ball possession more corners etc. We just got caught in a nasty counter attack, shit happens.

Despite that it was a great game to watch. Props to benfica.

Go BRAGA!

RaGe_pt

Were we watching the same game? Benfica were clearly superior on the last 30 mins of the first half but Porto was on top on the second one, and overall Porto ended up with twice as many attacks, more ball possession more corners etc. We just got caught in a nasty counter attack, shit happens.

Despite that it was a great game to watch. Props to benfica.

Go BRAGA!

We had some problems in the midfield and Mangala was on the worse and the best today. Anyway, what we need is to win the league!

Charles

Juve-GAF what do you think about Storari in goal?

As a goalkeeper he's fine, but he always seems unsure with the ball at his feet.

rodvik

I know we are generally the good people thread but its worth going to read the NBA sticky lock comment as a warning/reminder.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Sky Sport 24, Juventus have already informed Roma they will not be exercising their option to buy on Marco Borriello.

FMXoc.gif
FMXoc.gif
FMXoc.gif
FMXoc.gif

As a goalkeeper he's fine, but he always seems unsure with the ball at his feet.

Love him, but his feet are as useless as Borriello's head.

Rikkun

I know we are generally the good people thread but its worth going to read the NBA sticky lock comment as a warning/reminder.

At least we never risrespected females nor anybody else. I hope.

Talking about Storari, yeah Buffon is way better, but he's still a top-notch GK.

spidye

Juve should buy Olic :( I don't want the croatian warrior to end his career under fucking Magath.

actually that should be a no brainer. a win-win situation for both parties. hopefully, he has some dignity and gives magath the finger

edit: lol at the usami one

Zabojnik

He's no Buffon as far as feet are concerned, but it's not really a problem, imo. He's a great second goalkeeper. What *can* be a problem is the fact that we *always* start with a short pass from the keeper to a defender, as per Conte's orders. Which is great, because it helps instill a certain mentality and passing confidence. Sometimes our lads go a bit too far though and risk conceding dangerous counters, when they could simply get rid of the ball by kicking it forward blindly. No shame in it.

hopefully. I want gladbachs best squad against us.

I doubt he will start but I guess he could make quite an impact as sub.

Also, I love Gündogan's development. He's been great since Klopp gave him a break last year. I'm kinda wondering why he doesn't start more games now, though. I think he would do great if he got as many starts as he got at the start of the season.

Unspectacularly solid.

Drab game with 2 unambitious sides but I don't give a fuck, long way to go but we have a chance of staying up now. QPR will win tomorrow and I think Bolton will come together no and have a good run

The Yak is genuine quality, great Muamba tribute and well done referee for not booking him

No, it makes sense. Sit solid and press around the 20 yard mark and MON dosen't know what to do.

elsk

Banned
Klopp on German Sky tonight: "I'm not available for the Chelsea job".

I doubt he will start but I guess he could make quite an impact as sub.

Also, I love Gündogan's development. He's been great since Klopp gave him a break last year. I'm kinda wondering why he doesn't start more games now, though. I think he would do great if he got as many starts as he got at the start of the season.

Is he playing as CM or AM?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
^
8z5RO.gif

Mirko's goal in HD, get it while it's hot!

edit:
"Juventus coach Antonio Conte lost his voice over the course of his side's dramatic Coppa Italia semi-final success over AC Milan on Tuesday night and was unable to attend his post-game press conference as a consequence"

Just watched Rovers/Sunderland. One of the weirder games I've seen so far. A lot of unforced errors, loss of possession, silly penalties, bad corners, etc. Congrats to the Rovers though for pulling it off. Nice to see another 'Pray 4 Muamba' shirt too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom