• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

So I've never really watched football. Tips on getting started, who to watch, what I should know?

Where are you from? I find following football in your own country easier, but you can follow football around the world!

Support Manchester City <3

There's a big game tonight between the English teams Manchester City and Chelsea FC. It'll be good match for a neutral spectator to watch. The majority of football-gaf will be watching that game, but there are also other big games on tonight:

Villarreal - Real Madrid (Spain)
Monchengladbach - Bayern Munich (Germany)
Everton - Arsenal (England)

How familiar are you with the sport?

It should be a good game to watch!

You're right, of course. It's not a lucky season for you guys as far as injuries go. I apologize for the sarcasm, sometimes I just feel the need to be the verbal counterweight to a certain other rossoneri fan here and go too far. :p

Hopefully this rivalry will last until the end of the season. C'mon Roma, do something useful for once!

EDIT: Btw, what's up with this Dash Kappei dude? I was promised cursing and meltdowns, yet he's nowhere to be seen.
It's football, sarcasm is a part of the game.

C'mon Inter, do somet- heh, why do I even try...

TheLucifer is probably the classiest Milan fan to ever grace this thread. And that's how I know them IRL.
Well, thank you :D

bjaelke

I think you guys are forgetting about Spurs vs Stoke, aka 'Beauty and The Beast'.

Stoke as his first game?
KuGsj.gif

bjaelke

Looks like we're back.

Chelsea team (vs Man City): Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Mata, Torres

Man City team (vs Chelsea): Hart, Kolo Toure, Richards, Zabaleta, Clichy, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli

LFC (vs) QPR: Reina; Kelly, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique; Gerrard, Spearing, Adam, Downing; Kuyt, Suarez.

Got all the EPL games but QPR vs Liverpool (not aired here) set to record. Also, got Real Madrid set. Feels good.

In other news - they're saying on BBC that Muamba was dead for 78 minutes before he was finally revived at the London Chest Hospital. Amazing he pulled through and is moving again. Hopefully he can return one day.

Yen

Looks like we're back.

Chelsea team (vs Man City): Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Mata, Torres

Man City team (vs Chelsea): Hart, Kolo Toure, Richards, Zabaleta, Clichy, Yaya Toure, De Jong, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Balotelli

LFC (vs) QPR: Reina; Kelly, Carra, Skrtel, Enrique; Gerrard, Spearing, Adam, Downing; Kuyt, Suarez.
Tommo86 says Shelvey is extremely pussed off.

Glad GAF is back

Mastadon

Banned
Looks like we're back.

Adam and no Carroll? Boo-urns. Kenny does baffle me at times.

I missed you all xx

Stimpy

Looks like we're back.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh how the fuck has Adam managed to get his place back???

bjaelke

Freekick statistics for the domestic leagues (goals/attempts):
70dBv.jpg

Rodney Marsh said:
“If I was (owner) Tony Fernandes I would have a plan A, B and C in place and none of them would include Barton.
“He is not a QPR player, he’s a marquee name and I don’t believe he has the best interests of the club at heart in the slightest and he’s been a complete waste of time for me.
+1
Adam and no Carroll? Boo-urns. Kenny does baffle me at times.

I missed you all xx

Missed you too xoxoxo

elsk

Banned
Gladbach XI vs. Bayern: ter Stegen - Jantschke, Stranzl, Dante, Daems - Nordtveit, Neustädter - Wendt, Arango - Reus, Hanke

Bayern XI vs. Gladbach: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Gomez

BAYERNN!!!

Hoping for a few more Savic moments tonight.

Also excited to see City show everybody what a small club they are when they welcome Tevez back.

He's gonna score the winner isn't he :'(

Wilbur

Banned
He's also not on the cunt list, which is definitely a positive for any player.

I think he's the only player not on the cunt list now actually; it was him and Aguero but he ruined everything.

HI GAF BABIES

Rooting for Chelsea, Madrid, Bilbao, Gladbach, Spurs, Everton and QPR tonight. Sorry Pool fans, I do hate QPR. I just don't want Liverpool to win. Draw will do me fine actually.

Blablurn

Gladbach XI vs. Bayern: ter Stegen - Jantschke, Stranzl, Dante, Daems - Nordtveit, Neustädter - Wendt, Arango - Reus, Hanke

Bayern XI vs. Gladbach: Neuer - Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba - Luiz Gustavo, Kroos - Robben, Müller, Ribery - Gomez

BAYERNN!!!

lets dooooo this

Salvadora

I think he's the only player not on the cunt list now actually; it was him and Aguero but he ruined everything.

HI GAF BABIES

Rooting for Chelsea, Madrid, Bilbao, Gladbach, Spurs, Everton and QPR tonight. Sorry Pool fans, I do hate QPR. I just don't want Liverpool to win. Draw will do me fine actually.

No Arsenal?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs team to play Stoke: Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Kranjcar, Modric, Parker, Bale; Van der Vaart, Saha.

At last, the 442 has been sent to the dustbin and the best players are in the proper positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom