• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Your team got knocked out of a first tier European competition by third tier teams, then knocked out of the second tier competition. You're out of the domestic cups and all you have left is the league which you won't win.

We've all been laughing for months, glad you could join us. :)

below newcastle about to go below swansea

and talking shit about the league leaders and their european competition which you cant even qualify for

:lol liverpool, you cant make this up

Mastadon

Banned
Nah not real-

Oh wait, it does. League position doesn't matter because the Carling Cup and sponsorship deals are the hip and happening trophies.

Anyway fuck it, we've been awful in Europe all season and deserved to go out but we're top of the league. Liverpool are 7th. I would even take second over 7th and a Carling Cup.

The Carling Cup is the new Champions League - didn't you get the memo?

GorillaJu

Nah not real-

Oh wait, it does. League position doesn't matter because the Carling Cup and sponsorship deals are the hip and happening trophies.

Anyway fuck it, we've been awful in Europe all season and deserved to go out but we're top of the league. Liverpool are 7th. I would even take second over 7th and a Carling Cup.

Good for you. Unfortunately second and seventh are about the same value to a team that can't get out of a group stage where the strongest opposition is Basel. :(

Stimpy

edit: no it wasn't. Still Suarez was looking pretty tired at that point so I certainly saw the wisdom in it; besides its not like the lack of Suarez caused Liverpool to concede 2 goals is it?

I think you could make the argument replacing Suarez with Carroll meant we lacked a real threat up front for the last few mins, it certainly would have helped up take the lead again or equalise if he had of been on instead.

Okay.

Why would Bayern fans cry about refs is beyond me...

KOUqP.png

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/...ga/2011-12/elfmeter-schuetzen-der-saison.html

FuturusX

below newcastle about to go below swansea

and talking shit about the league leaders and their european competition which you cant even qualify for

:lol liverpool, you cant make this up

I only have one question for you. Just one. Why o why, do you never make any attempt to use the basic rules of grammar in your posts? Just curious.

elseanio

Nah not real-

So you thought we had a realistic chance of finishing 4th?

These results ultimately mean sod all. 5th-17th, it really doesn't matter right now. Our season in the league has been over for a while. We need better players in the summer.

FA Cup and League Cup will be a nice salvage from this season, but of course every single Liverpool fan will opt for top 4 next season.

Wilbur

Banned
Good for you. Unfortunately second and seventh are about the same value to a team that can't get out of a group stage where the strongest opposition is Basel. :(

And only one of our teams will get another chance to miserably fail in the Champions League next season.

I like you odd morsel but you're being very salty. Then again, you did throw away a 2 goal lead with 13 minutes left against QPR.

The Carling Cup is the new Champions League - didn't you get the memo?

It's certainly as shiny

GorillaJu

I think you could make the argument replacing Suarez with Carroll meant we lacked a real threat up front for the last few mins, it certainly would have helped up take the lead again or equalise if he had of been on instead.

Taking off Suarez who had worked his ass off doesn't bother me. You should rightly expect a team to defend a two goal lead for 15 fucking minutes even without their best striker. :p

Wilbur

Banned
So you thought we had a realistic chance of finishing 4th?

These results ultimately mean sod all. 5th-17th, it really doesn't matter right now. Our season in the league has been over for a while. We need better players in the summer.

FA Cup and League Cup will be a nice salvage from this season, but of course every single Liverpool fan will opt for top 4 next season.

I think at the start of the season 4th was a realistic aim with Arsenal and Chelsea teams in transition. I think it's a failure that you're nowhere near as close as you should be.

Before someone Wayne Rooneys, it'll be a failure if we don't win the league. But after a horrendous injury crisis, top of the league and perhaps likely to finish ahead of a squad like City's, I expected us to be second in the first place.

Clegg

Huh? This is an Arsenal team that was written off a month or two ago and is constantly being described as the worst side in years. Then we are constantly fed the bullshit that Harry Redknapp is an English savior and that Spurs are ready to challenge the best in Europe.

If I was an Arsenal fan I too would be very happy that they have shown some serious guts and determination and gone from a totality write off to 3rd in the league.

Nothing small time about it unless of course your football experiences stretch to clapping at a telly and LOLLING on forums.

Well done Arsenal.

It's great to get one over your rivals but when you look at the larger picture you see that Arsenal still haven't performed up to the standards that they are capable of. I'd like to see them succeed but a 1 point gap over 4th place when you're still miles behind where you want to be isn't great cause for any celebration.

And less of this lolz armchair footballer stuff. It's just nonsense.

The point is more often than not when a shot is smashed at a player from just a few yards out a penalty is not normally given.

Dammit just told people not to bother but... His arm was in a position it shouldn't be, it was a penalty any day and that is coming from a Chelsea supporter. It's not like Dossenna had any time to react and get his hands down in the Chelsea - Napoli match either but it was still a clear penalty as his hands were in the air the way they were.

Stimpy

Taking off Suarez who had worked his ass off doesn't bother me. You should rightly expect a team to defend a two goal lead for 15 fucking minutes even without their best striker. :p

A 1 goal lead it was 1-2 when he came off, yes if it was 0-2 I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with it but we are so fragile in defence right now it seemed a risky move.

doicare

It's doicare. He's clueless so don't bother.
Please tell me more.
Dammit just told people not to bother but... His arm was in a position it shouldn't be, it was a penalty any day and that is coming from a Chelsea supporter. It's not like Dossenna had any time to react and get his hands down in the Chelsea - Napoli match either but it was still a clear penalty as his hands were in the air the way they were.
For every example you can think of where a penalty was given for a 'handball' from a close range shot i'll show you an example of one where it wasn't given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom