• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cisse scored for QPR. Pogrebnyak & Ba doing well too. Is there any player in recent history who made the transition from the Bundesliga to EPL and didn't do well?

Why you no buy more players from us you dumb dumbs? Share that oligarch/sheikh dough!

Man who cares about the whole season or Europe or whatever. Liverpool were winning 2-0 against a crappy side and managed to fluff their lines to lose 3-2. Enjoyed it.

Will forget about it tomorrow and life goes on.

sohois

Please tell me more.

For every example you can think of where a penalty was given for a 'handball' from a close range shot i'll show you an example of one where it wasn't given.

Just because you can give examples of many bad decisions does not change the rules of football, which clearly state that Essien's handball was a penalty.

Feorax

Given we have nothing to play for in the league now, can we blood a couple of our youngsters? Can't see any reason why we shouldn't give Morgan and Sterling a run against the likes of Wigan.

Hixx

Cisse scored for QPR. Pogrebnyak & Ba doing well too. Is there any player in recent history who made the transition from the Bundesliga to EPL and didn't do well?

Why you no buy more players from us you dumb dumbs? Share that oligarch/sheikh dough!

Djibs has never played in Germany...

Kyoufu

Cisse for Newcastle is doing well too.

I think you're getting your Cisse mixed up

bjaelke

Given we have nothing to play for in the league now, can we blood a couple of our youngsters? Can't see any reason why we shouldn't give Morgan and Sterling a run against the likes of Wigan.

I agree. It would also be a wake up call for some of the senior players.

A 1 goal lead it was 1-2 when he came off, yes if it was 0-2 I certainly wouldn't have had a problem with it but we are so fragile in defence right now it seemed a risky move.

Carragher is a bit of a liability. Whenever he is on the field our defense is a bit shit because he is too slow to make up grounds when the other team goes on the counter. Skrtel has to always come back to help him and sometimes he is too late. Plus we cannot go forward and we play too deep in order to help him out.

ShogunX

It's great to get one over your rivals but when you look at the larger picture you see that Arsenal still haven't performed up to the standards that they are capable of. I'd like to see them succeed but a 1 point gap over 4th place when you're still miles behind where you want to be isn't great cause for any celebration.

And less of this lolz armchair footballer stuff. It's just nonsense.

Lolz armchair fan? No it means you would have to not understand the passion behind supporting a team to call Arsenal fans celebrating being above Spurs small time.

Like I said in my post earlier this was a team that was written off and looked dead and buried just a few short weeks ago.

Put things into perspective before spouting nonsense.

Fantomex

Holy shit at Özil. He is truly the next Zidane.

i4L3Q.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Please tell me more.

For every example you can think of where a penalty was given for a 'handball' from a close range shot i'll show you an example of one where it wasn't given.

Okay so refs are inconsistent. But which one is the right decision?

Mastadon

Banned
Carragher is a bit of a liability. Whenever he is on the field our defense is a bit shit because he is too slow to make up grounds when the other team goes on the counter. Skrtel has to always come back to help him and sometimes he is too late. Plus we cannot go forward and we play too deep in order to help him out.

A bit? That's quite the understatement. He has no business being anywhere near our first team. Would rather Coates or even Wisdom started there before him.

Any word on why Kelly was taken off?

Wilbur

Banned
Man who cares about the whole season or Europe or whatever. Liverpool were winning 2-0 against a crappy side and managed to fluff their lines to lose 3-2. Enjoyed it.

Will forget about it tomorrow and life goes on.

And this. Just came off stupid when we need to start talking about United's failures. We've done all that when it happens, there will be more. I just wanted to laugh over and over again at the hilarious loss they had tonight.

Lolz armchair fan? No it means you would have to not understand the passion behind supporting a team to call Arsenal fans celebrating being above Spurs small time.

Like I said in my post earlier this was a team that was written off and looked dead and buried just a few short weeks ago.

spot on.

there more to football than just the top position

A bit? That's quite the understatement. He has no business being anywhere near our first team. Would rather Coates or even Wisdom started there before him.

Any word on why Kelly was taken off?

I was trying to be nice, didn't want the delusional Liverpool lurking fans coming in and calling me an idiot. But I agree his time has passed and he shouldn't be playing anymore.

sohois

I agree. It would also be a wake up call for some of the senior players.

-------------Reina----
Flanagan-Coates-Skrtel-Robinson
------------Spearing-------------
---------Gerrard-Shelvey--------
Suso---------------------Stirling
-----------Suarez---------------

Something like that I guess? Though I'd really like to drop Spearing, thought he was anonymous once again this match but there are no other DMs. Reina too could probably have done more for all 3 goals, but probably not much point in blooding Doni.

Mastadon

Banned
-------------Reina----
Flanagan-Coates-Skrtel-Robinson
------------Spearing-------------
---------Gerrard-Shelvey--------
Suso---------------------Stirling
-----------Suarez---------------

Something like that I guess? Though I'd really like to drop Spearing, thought he was anonymous once again this match but there are no other DMs. Reina too could probably have done more for all 3 goals, but probably not much point in blooding Doni.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if Reina left in the summer.

Clegg

What? 15 points off top of the league isn't a something that should be celebrated imo. I never even mentioned the lead above Tottenham in my original post. I was talking about how far behind Arsenal were in 3rd place.

I know what it's like to be a passionate supporter. I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say. We just have differing views on what is successful I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom