• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus, the way we bossed the game after bringing on two strikers and going 4-4-2 was unbelievable, I hope Fat Sam sees the benefit of playing this way from the god-damn outset rather than waiting until we're 2-0 down.

We've got Peterborough next, who turned over Reading last week, and then have to play Reading themselves - tough games for sure, but anything other than 6 points from these two is just not acceptable and will certainly put pay to any hopes of automatic promotion.

Harry Redknapp - Let him be mediocre for England. Shocking drop of form since the England job opened up.

AVB - Oh he's already dead...

King Kenny - Liverpool may win the FA CUP, but it doesn't matter. Too much money spent and no improvement.

Mancini - With the squad and resources, against one of the worst UTD teams in quite a while, a hapless Chelsea, league should have been wrapped up in January.

That's crazy

Mancini is good where he is.
AVB was good where he was.

No point getting rid of Kenny now, there's nothing left to play for except the FA cup which Kenny seems to be able to actually do well in, plus there are few managers who would come right now except for Rafa & maybe AVB.

However after that result Kenny should probably leave in the summer when Liverpool will be able to court far more managers - I presume Klopp and Bielsa would be top of the list.

I'd take either of those right now. Rafa has admitted he'd like the job back since he feels he has unfinished business, AVB is a quality manager who was in the wrong job at Chelsea. Kenny...what the hell has happened here? Sterling and Shelvey looked the best players on the pitch in those final minutes, Carroll was bright and alert too, the rest just gave in, to Wigan...Christ.

Slizz

iCKyYt8BV5r8M.gif

This is fucking incredible.

No point in sacking Daglish, there is literally nothing to gain from the last 2 months of the season for Liverpool. Plus, he's a legend there so it's best to allow him to serve out the last 2 months of the season.

I can't see him staying on for next year though, not unless the performances really really pick up quickly.

Tbh, I can't see Bielsa or Klopp wanting that Liverpool job right now. They'd be better off staying where they are, or can probably be offered better alternatives (Chelsea, Spurs).

sohois

Rafa is the only manager who'd be interested, and even then most of the fans wouldn't want him back

Those fans are idiots, it would be brilliant to have him back. However ultimately I can't imagine that FSG would go for him, like I said earlier they'll wait for the summer and then look to the candidates they were interviewing before bringing Dalglish in -the main targets then were AVB, Klopp & Deschamps, though I reckon that Klopp would be the favourite now & Bielsa would have become a target.

edit: Viva, Klopp is probably better off at Dortmund but Liverpool would be a step up for Bielsa, I don't think Bilbao are in line for the Champions league and even if they were it would be a futile endeavor; Liverpool can still offer far greater resources than the majority of clubs on the continent.

elsk

Banned
Mancini is a joke. He should be winning the league with a difference of 12 points ahead of ManU. He's just a mediocre manager and nothing more.

No point getting rid of Kenny now, there's nothing left to play for except the FA cup which Kenny seems to be able to actually do well in, plus there are few managers who would come right now except for Rafa & maybe AVB.

However after that result Kenny should probably leave in the summer when Liverpool will be able to court far more managers - I presume Klopp and Bielsa would be top of the list.
lol

Those fans are idiots, it would be brilliant to have him back. However ultimately I can't imagine that FSG would go for him, like I said earlier they'll wait for the summer and then look to the candidates they were interviewing before bringing Dalglish in -the main targets then were AVB, Klopp & Deschamps, though I reckon that Klopp would be the favourite now & Bielsa would have become a target.

Rafa didn't win you the league in 5 years

GorillaJu

Rafa is the only manager who'd be interested, and even then most of the fans wouldn't want him back

Not sure why you'd think that. Liverpool doesn't exactly have a poor record with managers, our owners are serious people and want to work toward long term goal. We also don't have a lot
of "player power" going on and some very decent raw talent to work with in our young defenders, youth players we saw today, Carroll and Henderson. A lot of managers would enjoy the project and the challenge.

Would love to see Klopp come in but he's got a great thing going and has every reason to love the situation he's in. I think Didier Deschamps or Paul Lambert would be more likely. Brendan Rogers I think is fantastic but he's married to his project at Swansea and fair play to him - he's doing really well with it.

I don't think Benitez going back to Liverpool is a good idea. He is a good manager and did well there and really seemed to understand the club and it's culture...but, Liverpool need to freshen up and move forwards. New owners, new stadium, new commercial structure...think a new and younger manager is a good idea also.

What on earth would that gain us? I think at this point Kenny will not be our manager next season, but what kind of entitled pricks would we look like to sack a manager two seasons in a row without even seeing them through to the end? (hint: we'd look like Chelsea).

We're already in the Uefa cup and the CL isn't even possible, so just stick with Kenny, give Sterling and Jonjo more minutes and start working on transfer targets for the next season.

It would lose us nothing aside from a hit to our reputation, and it could gain us a manager with a clue about how to make sensible moves in the transfer market and with a consistent ideology going through the team. For the last 3 months we've been throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks, and it just happens to have stuck in the cup matches. If we lose the Cup semi, that may be the final straw for me. This is painful, and there are no signs of this much-mentioned progress, we're regressing at a frightening pace on the pitch, and if things don't pick up pretty fucking sharpish we'll be losing the only players in the squad worth a damn

elsk

Banned
I don't think Benitez going back to Liverpool is a good idea. He is a good manager and did well there and really seemed to understand the club and it's culture...but, Liverpool need to freshen up and move forwards. New owners, new stadium, new commercial structure...think a new and younger manager is a good idea also.

AVB?

Salvadora

AVB?

Fry

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Kenny Dalglish's 2012 Liverpool team.

Mancini is a joke, that doesn't change the fact that Kenny's team is also a joke. But I don't see how the two are related.

City have only one trophy to play for, after all that money spent. And they can't even lead against a team full of injuries.

Seep

What would Liverpool fans think of bringing Rafa back?

I would absolutely love it! I was gutted when those two dickheads sacked him.

I love Kenny he's done so much for the club and the people of Liverpool on and off the pitch, but I think he should step down at the end of the season.

Any other manager would be ripped apart with these recent results but Kenny has an untouchability about him with certain fans. :(

Salvadora

To paint the reality of Liverpool's situation this season in facts: today's defeat to Wigan sees them lose two Premier League matches at Anfield in the same calendar month for just the third time, after January 2005 and September 1999. The Reds have won just five of their 15 home league matches so far this season, which is their fewest in the top-flight at this stage since 1953/1954, when they had also won five.
BBC.

dc89

Mancini is a joke, that doesn't change the fact that Kenny's team is also a joke. But I don't see how the two are related.

City have only one trophy to play for, after all that money spent. And they can't even lead against a team full of injuries.

But...this is a football.

No one's getting Klopp, just saying.

Also, Marvin Ducksch scored his first two senior goals for our second team today. I want him as striker number 3 next season.

Mancini isn't that bad. In fact, I don't think he's bad at all...just he isn't top level and a better manager would probably be doing better with City. He's still a decent manager IMO.

elsk

Banned
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Kenny Dalglish's 2012 Liverpool team.

He's an ok manager. A huge part of his team is shit... mainly his fault right? He got like 2-3 mediocre english players for big money. Someone else should manage the transfer department in Liverpool, Kenny eye for good players is broken.

But as manager, I think he's doing and ok job.
And I find kind of funny how the Liverpool fans expect Klopp or Bielsa to have a remote interest in leaving their good clubs to join Liverpool...

Stimpy

At least I can now watch Barcelona to try and take some of the depression of being a Liverpool fan away, or maybe it will just ram home how bad we are.

dc89

Bad day for Hansen. Saw Liverpool lose to Wigan and having said 'Balotelli will not start again for City this season', he's #ontheteamsheet
@garylineker

Can't wait to see Hansen's face tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom