• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL @kermitthedoggaf has found out WoodenLung

Es3Tk.png

Thats fighting talk where I come from.

iYvzGimPdwDhU.gif

Fintan

Is it common to not want to get scores spoiled before MOTD? I have a friend who really hates hearing them but knowing the scores beforehand has never been a problem for me.

Jeff you look like you've aged 10 years with that moustache.

Ha that was Movember, I want to grow a beard but the wife wouldn't be pleased, last time I had one was my stag do

Fintan - it used to be common before the Internet age, I remember them on the news telling you to look away before putting scores up, now they do that yet say them anyway

Is it common to not want to get scores spoiled before MOTD? I have a friend who really hates hearing them but knowing the scores beforehand has never been a problem for me.

Yeah. On the news at 10 they tell you to look away from the tv if you don't want to know the scores.

Carbonox

I used to do that. Cover my ears/eyes whenever the news came on before MotD, especially if I went the day without looking on sports sites/Facebook.

Now, I just don't give a shit. :lol

Carbonox

Sitting here feeling like a gimp eating mash potato on its own, because of eating restrictions. Gonna move to vegetable soups tomorrow, as opposed to the plain jane tomato/mushroom soups I've been on today and yesterday. Pahahaha.

Slizz

Who here irritated the poster JBurton? Says he was not treated kindly when offering an opinion here.... Kermit..........

Kyoufu

Jealous? No, I am most certainly not. I don't want that russian to buy Arsenal for that exact reason, I don't want us to buy titles either, I want us to EARN the title through developing players and progression. Not simply sacrifice millions in losses because we can and purchase whoever we like regardless of whether or not the player is worth it like Man City do. And that is not even mentioning their retarded policy in regards to wages.... the amount City players gets paid is stupid, not envy, just stupidity.

I have no problem with City having money but have huge issues with their tactics in using it. I don't see Alex Fergusson talking up Van Persie mid season to unsettle him like those class less wankers at City do...

The point was, EVERY club spends money. Some can just spend more than others.

Sitting here feeling like a gimp eating mash potato on its own, because of eating restrictions. Gonna move to vegetable soups tomorrow, as opposed to the plain jane tomato/mushroom soups I've been on today and yesterday. Pahahaha.

Must be awful. I added you on PSN btw :p

Hixx

Is it wrong that Terry Connor's voice makes me chortle? Big, middle-aged bloke with a voice that sounds like a skinny kid whose voice is breaking.

FootballFan

The element of surprise is gone and you just wait "for the 54th minute where Tony scores" instead of just watching. That is why I usually stay away from scores if I missed a game. So I can watch the replay and be surprised by goals, instead of expecting goals.
(this is only for games that I missed and genuinely wanted to watch lol)

Fintan

The element of surprise is gone and you just wait "for the 54th minute where Tony scores" instead of just watching. That is why I usually stay away from scores if I missed a game. So I can watch the replay and be surprised by goals, instead of expecting goals.
(this is only for games that I missed and genuinely wanted to watch lol)

For me personally, once I'm not watching a sporting event live I lose that feeling. Maybe next week I'll try avoid scores and see if it makes a difference.

Slizz

lol :D

Community is one of the shows I'm starting next week. Let's see what Alison Brie is all about. :p

EXCELLENT! Starting from S1 or diving into the current season? If starting from the beginning give it a little time. Episode 1 didn't do too much for me at first but then I was hooked. Also re-watching episodes is pretty fun because a lot of times you miss some funny ass stuff.

Fintan

EXCELLENT! Starting from S1 or diving into the current season? If starting from the beginning give it a little time. Episode 1 didn't do too much for me at first but then I was hooked. Also re-watching episodes is pretty fun because a lot of times you miss some funny ass stuff.

Yeah don't be put off by the early episodes; once it hits its stride it is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom