• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karakand

Disenchanted Chelsea fans, the USWNT is here for you. Sydney LeRoux is super awesome.

tumblr_lybyqxbkib1qatum3oi.gif

tumblr_ly931djk841qan982mr.gif

Seriously, though. I only really knew about Solo and Wambach and Rapinoe, and more recently Morgan, but I'm keen to see games. No chance of seeing them (friendlies - I think we can sometimes rely on the very large tournaments being screened, but tv sport is perpetually a bit of a basketcase in Australia) on any tv channel, unfortunately.

tumblr_lzinylvj0x1qbofr1qu.gif

go bruins

Manager

Sheikh Mansour is just a brilliant owner. Ploughing his money in like that but he doesn't know about football, so he hires people who do to make the decisions. He just gives them the chequebook.

City STILL haven't appointed a new CEO. Which tells me they only want the highest calibre.

Everything is pointing towards Ferran Soriano (previously Barcelona). He's been involved with the Spanair collapse and unable to leave previous positions, so it's delayed.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...nveil-former-barca-ace-ferran-soriano?rss=yes

FootballFan

Pretty shitty of Pep to do that so openly.

True, you can tell how frustrated he is though with all the injuries. Now Sanchez too. Better use 2nd team vs Leverkusen since its almost wrapped up.
I would be happy with
V.V
alves-pique-masch-adriano
cesc-busquets-keita
cuenca-messi-tello.

Manager

Pretty shitty of Pep to do that so openly.

Judging from the Ibra book, he's a coward. Even if only half of what he wrote is true, Pep is still a coward.

Ibra described the Barcelona players like a bunch of school children, afraid of the teacher (Pep) of doing anything "silly". That's why I don't see Pep at Chelsea, since they are the direct opposite. Ibra said Pep was completely scared shitless of confrontation of any kind.

Alexis is outside the academy, so he's an easy target for Pep. Just like Ibra, Henry and that Chevcheskeöli defender.

(I guess it's hard for many here to take Ibra's comments seriously due to his history, but anyone who has read the book knows a lot of the things in it was sincere)

Manager

Half is an optimistic proportion. Ibra is a sociopath.

He is the exact polar opposite of Pep. Which I guess would make what Ibra said true.

The book is a great read, and available in English on the net. He talks a lot of world football, other football personalities (managers/legends), and countries (mostly Holland/Italy/Spain). It was interesting to read about Ajax, where he stated basically everyone in the squad wanted to go abroad (Spain/Italy/England/France etc) at first chance. I don't get that impression today, but maybe it was different back then.

dc89

Mass Effect 3 fans. DO NOT GO ON IGN MASS EFFET 3 VIDEO SECTION.

The games not even out yet (in the UK) and they are looking at all the alternative endings and they bloody tell you what they are in the video title.

FUUUUUUUU.

dschalter

He is the exact polar opposite of Pep. Which I guess would make what Ibra said true.

The book is a great read, and available in English on the net. He talks a lot of world football, other football personalities (managers/legends), and countries (mostly Holland/Italy/Spain). It was interesting to read about Ajax, where he stated basically everyone in the squad wanted to go abroad (Spain/Italy/England/France etc) at first chance. I don't get that impression today, but maybe it was different back then.

why? ibra is a lunatic who enjoys karate kicking his own (black) teammates and complaining about everyone other than himself when things go wrong. pep may well have problems with confrontation, but ibra is one of the last people in the world whose word i would trust.

bjaelke

It's still a "problem" today - at least for the Dutch players.

Salazar

A retired semi-professional footballer is suing the Baptist church for £10m, claiming the 19 years he spent as a "fervent evangelist" ruined his chances of playing for Manchester United.

According to the London Evening Standard, 46-year-old Arquimedes Nganga, who currently lives in Forest Hill, London, but used to play for a third division side in his native Portugal, quit the sport at the age of 25, two years after he converted to the Baptist faith. He believes he could have earned £20,000 a week, despite never making more than £200 a month playing semi-professionally.

"I could definitely have had a long career in the Premiership," Nganga said. "I see many players playing today who I am not inferior to – and perhaps even better than. Most midfielders are either defensive or attacking but I was both. I had something new."

Nganga has filed papers at the high court, accusing the leaders of the Baptist Union of Great Britain of destroying his social life, causing him "psychological harm" and defrauding him of money through compulsory donations.

The church said it will vigorously contest the claim.

Should have named names.

CHARLIE ADAM. GARETH BARRY.

FootballFan

Chevcheskeöli defender.

:lol :lol

Frankly, I don't mind if he is a coward/scared of confrontation, he is a great coach and fits this team perfectly.
And to Ibra saying all the players there are like school children, I would act like a child at school if it meant I won the champions league 2 times and 11 other trophies.. No need to fix what isn't broken, I read articles about Ibra trying to be the outlaw of the team, breaking rules that Guardiola set etc. Why? Cause it's Ibra.

Anyways, I wouldn't take even 30% of what he says in that book about Barca or Inter truthfully. He is bitter at the fact he left Inter to win CL and then they win it, then when he left Barca, they won it.

Manager

Wow Michael Owen? It's like going back in time.

Also, lol at IGN. Never went there anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhcXWWBDOZY

Never been so mad at a football match. I usually hold my feelings well but stupid as I was, I had invited a Manchester United fan to watch the match. After heckling him for minutes after the Bellamy stoppage time goal, that happened. I went out to the kitchen, smacked my hand in the sink and went out for a one hour walk.

Never mad at Owen though, more at that City eleven (and the ref) for messing shit up.

I know! Takes the piss. So basically because I clicked that Video link wanting to see some sort of launch trailer or video review I now know 2 of the endings. Wtf.

Never going to IGN again.

I lost interest in the series after ME1 but ended up watching all 3 endings. You know, just to see how it ended.

You'll not hear a peep out of me, don't worry!

Manager

I know! Takes the piss. So basically because I clicked that Video link wanting to see some sort of launch trailer or video review I now know 2 of the endings. Wtf.

Never going to IGN again.

I remember when Mass Effect was released. We (Gamersyde) were only allowed to do TWO minute gameplay videos, 2 of them. Same for everyone in the industry.

Now, fast forward to the launch of Youtube and 2010's, and suddenly people are allowed to show the ending before the game is released.

Kyoufu

Never been so mad at a football match. I usually hold my feelings well but stupid as I was, I had invited a Manchester United fan to watch the match. After heckling him for minutes after the Bellamy stoppage time goal, that happened. I went out to the kitchen, smacked my hand in the sink and went out for a one hour walk.

Never mad at Owen though, more at that City eleven (and the ref) for messing shit up.

95:41

dat fergie time

dc89

Meh. That's in the past. City today is a different beast. But yeah, I was pissed too. I was decorating the bedroom and I stopped to watch the game. After that, I went and slapped wallpaper paste all over the wall in a fit of rage.

Rock Paper Shotgun yeah. Eurogamer? Meh.

It's probably my Euro bias but I find US gaming jounalists write like fucking 5 year olds with the wit of a 2 year old. Reading a GI/1 Up/Giant Bomb/etc. review is a bit like watching Alan Shearer's attempts at punditry.

It's all 'say what you see' with a stunted vocabulary.

It's probably my Euro bias but I find US gaming jounalists write like fucking 5 year olds with the wit of a 2 year old. Reading a GI/1 Up/Giant Bomb/etc. review is a bit like watch Alan Shearer's attempts at punditry.

It's all 'say what you see'.

To be honest I never read giantbomb, their video content is where it's at and there's so much good shit there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom