• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT7| Avaya ever heard anything like it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Yes. I have mentioned it lots of times in here before but the boring crowds annoys me so much in England where everyone sits down nicely. Need more fireworks, dancing and generally acting like mad men! Fucking love going to football here because of the atmosphere even with the small crowds.

Woah woah woah. Just cos you see the ever-so-famous 'prawn sandwich brigade' on TV at places like Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and the Emirates doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

In other news, I'm developing a mancrush on Edinson Cavani.

edinsoncavani_napoli.jpg

Cavani and Torres on the same pitch? Time to reconsider my sexuality.

Really? Cavani is one ugly mofo.

Woah woah woah. Just cos you see the ever-so-famous 'prawn sandwich brigade' on TV at places like Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and the Emirates doesn't mean it's the same everywhere.

Oh I know it isn't terrible everywhere. But you still don't really see much like anything in other european leagues.

Kyoufu

I don't understand, why do some people still believe that Arsenal can win against Milan? I really don't get this optimism. Winning is one thing, but not conceding a goal? I can't even remember the last time Arsenal had a clean sheet.

Against Newcastle in September.

Really? Cavani is one ugly mofo.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T!

He may not look pretty in a still, but when he moves it's like music in visual form. Dude has that flair.

Bob Sacamano

Neo Member
Two Rangers players have just been made redundant, with as many as ten more to follow today. It is going to be a dark day for the club.

I don't understand, why do some people still believe that Arsenal can win against Milan? I really don't get this optimism. Winning is one thing, but not conceding a goal? I can't even remember the last time Arsenal had a clean sheet.

I don't see how we can do it, but we have to go for pride after being humiliated in Milan.

Manager

Yes. I have mentioned it lots of times in here before but the boring crowds annoys me so much in England where everyone sits down nicely. Need more fireworks, dancing and generally acting like mad men! Fucking love going to football here because of the atmosphere even with the small crowds.

City and many clubs have stewards who threaten to kick out anyone who stands up. There's a lot of hate towards the stewards on many English club forums for this.

On the other hand, there are a lot of families etc who prefer to sit down. If people stand up they won't see sheeeeit.

Plus, this is how it looked after Celtic came to visit Etihad:
jb1Xvm2yABDNbt.jpg

jH3eGg1HqHJIZ.jpg

City and many clubs have stewards who threaten to kick out anyone who stands up. There's a lot of hate towards the stewards on many English club forums for this.

On the other hand, there are a lot of families etc who prefer to sit down. If people stand up they won't see sheeeeit.

Plus, this is how it looked after Celtic came to visit Etihad:
6hj50l.jpg

157dxm9.jpg

Yeah that shit is fucking stupid. Dedicate a stand or something to the fans then, there will be lots of room (especially on Etihad ;) ) for them to have their own dedicated place where you don't have to sit down and be proper like you're in the opera. The guards at stamford bridge were surprisingly ok with Copenhagens fans the last time. When we met them in a qualification years ago they also threatened to kick the fans out, lol.

dc89

How dare they desecrate such a wonderful stadium. Celtic are a woefully average team too. I wonder where they'd end up if they slotted into the PL?

Does anyone else enjoy the noise fans make when teams in Europe score?

The loud "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL" around the stadiums when a team in Spain or Italy score is awesome. We don't get that here in England.

85000 souls yelling at the same time in Bernabéu is something everyone should experience.

I've been to other big stadiums like Camp Nou or Calderón, but they aren't as "closed" as Bernabéu is. The ground shakes below your feet.

Manager

Yeah that shit is fucking stupid. Dedicate a stand or something to the fans then, there will be lots of room (especially on Etihad ;) ) for them to have their own dedicated place where you don't have to sit down and be proper like you're in the opera. The guards at stamford bridge were surprisingly ok with Copenhagens fans the last time. When we met them in a qualification years ago they also threatened to kick the fans out, lol.

Sir! The Etihad has been sold out every single league match this season, a month in advance almost every time.

For some reason it was empty seats in Champions League though. Stoke>Bayern

Sir! The Etihad has been sold out every single league match this season, a month in advance almost every time.

For some reason it was like 10k empty seats in Champions League though. Stoke>Bayern

;)

Still wouldn't be hard to dedicate a stand to them though, I am sure there is enough City fans who would love to stand up for a game, at least it looks like that judging from when you have done your little dance with your backs to the game.

dc89

For some reason it was like 10k empty seats in Champions League though. Stoke>Bayern

Yeah. I try to go to a game or so every year. Last year I went to all the Europa League games at home and I went City V Wigan too.

This year, even with my modest point total, I don't stand a sniff at getting a ticket for pretty much anything.

Oh and Tevez is going to play in front of City fans tonight at the reserve game. It's held at Hyde and should draw quite a big crowd. The reception he will get is going to be interesting.

Manager

;)

Still wouldn't be hard to dedicate a stand to them though, I am sure there is enough City fans who would love to stand up for a game, at least it looks like that judging from when you have done your little dance with your backs to the game.

I think one of the main reasons of its popularity is that its one of the few times the stewards let people stand up. They really are hated.

You aren't the only one who isn't impressed. Only United fans seem to have a hard on for him. But then again United fans love to big up all their players even the crappy or the non proven ones.

Interesting post.

Nani seems to be quite highly rated amongst fans I speak to, United and Non-United. Liverpool fans I speak to in particular think he is brilliant, though that's probably skewed by their own misfortune in that position.

He's a good player though, Nani. I'm not sure how you could deny that. May not be as great as some people make out but his performances and stats speak for themselves. Still very inconsistent though.

It's funny you say that about United fans and Nani though, because a couple of years ago everybody was pretty much sick of him and calling for him to be let go/replaced. Back then United fans were impatient spoilt brats. Doesn't add up.

PaulLFC

It's infuriating that I can manage to get tickets for both the derby and the FA Cup game against Stoke, and very easily for both of them too. Yet I can't get a ticket for Wigan, Arsenal and now probably Villa because the club have decided members who actually pay them money aren't important and they'll just throw all the tickets on general sale, basically making the £30 'membership' fee worthless. I hate our ticket office.

Salazar

Wilbur

Banned
Interesting post.

Nani seems to be quite highly rated amongst fans I speak to, United and Non-United. Liverpool fans I speak to in particular think he is brilliant, though that's probably skewed by their own misfortune in that position.

He's a good player though, Nani. I'm not sure how you could deny that. May not be as great as some people make out but his performances and stats speak for themselves. Still very inconsistent though.

It's funny you say that about United fans and Nani though, because a couple of years ago everybody was pretty much sick of him and calling for him to be let go/replaced. Back then United fans were impatient spoilt brats. Doesn't add up.

I completely agree he's not the greatest player to ever walk the Earth and he's far too inconsistent for his own good, but to counter saying 'I don't rate Nani' with 'only United fans do because they rate all their players' is just stupid.

In other news, I'm developing a mancrush on Edinson Cavani.

edinsoncavani_napoli.jpg

Cavani and Torres on the same pitch? Time to reconsider my sexuality.

The more I watch Cavani play the more I become a Napoli fan. the guy is just oozing of awesomeness.

Also did you know that when Torres was with Liverpool he was scoring a goal every 1.57 matches. At Chelsea he is scoring 1 every 12 matches, he is due a goal pretty soon.

I completely agree he's not the greatest player to ever walk the Earth and he's far too inconsistent for his own good, but to counter saying 'I don't rate Nani' with 'only United fans do because they rate all their players' is just stupid.

Yeah of course it is.

Our impatience with Ashley Young in this thread is testament enough to that but I reckon PD was just fishing with that.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah of course it is.

Our impatience with Ashley Young in this thread is testament enough to that but I reckon PD was just fishing with that.

Despite his goals on Sunday, he still needs to be trapped in a horrific fire and reevaluate his decisions every time he runs down the wing, only just escaping by actually running towards the door instead of stopping and shuffling around as his leg catches fire.

Young's dribbling does look bloody limited at the moment. But I can't really argue with a great assist for Giggs and 3 goals.

Edit: I have a feeling the above will be Young's career at United in microcosm.

Interesting post.

Well like I said the only people I know who rate Nani are United fans that I deal with, whether they are friends, family or clients. No one else is really impressed by him whether they are Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa or whatever other team they are a fan of. Also I wasn't around Football Gaf a couple of years ago.

Salazar

Despite his goals on Sunday, he still needs to be trapped in a horrific fire and reevaluate his decisions every time he runs down the wing, only just escaping by actually running towards the door instead of stopping and shuffling around as his leg catches fire.

How much pace does he actually have ? I don't think he's actually indicated either way while he's been with us.

Everton Reserves vs Liverpool Reserves starting in a bit, Channel 434 on Sky. Everton putting out a very strong team, but we got Sterling and Suso :p

Salazar

Everton Reserves vs Liverpool Reserves starting in a bit, Channel 434 on Sky. Everton putting out a very strong team, but we got Sterling and Suso :p

Gah. Can get a stream for that but not for MUFC res v WBA res.

Why does the universe despise me.

Edit: AHA ! Found it.

Inversive

Well like I said the only people I know who rate Nani are United fans that I deal with, whether they are friends, family or clients. No one else is really impressed by him whether they are Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa or whatever other team they are a fan of. Also I wasn't around Football Gaf a couple of years ago.

Nani is hands down the best EPL winger. I guess nobody you know actually knows much about football then.

Going to create a team called Mancrush United with all the hot players on it.

spoiler:

Bellamy won't be in it.

I think Carroll's quite awesome-looking, even though in theory I should think he looks a right twat :D

Alonso best be in the team though

xabi.jpg

Come home, you magnificent bastard

Manager

I think Carroll's quite awesome-looking, even though in theory I should think he looks a right twat :D

Alonso best be in the team though

Come home, you magnificent bastard

I started on a team:

Casillas

Cannavaro
Mellberg
Clichy

Xabi Alonso
Totti
Ballack
Beckham

Llorente
Boriello

Then I stopped, having no idea wtf I was doing.

I can't refuse lists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom