• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

@FootballFan - Not everyone watches every Barcelona game, I didn't see the first leg, why would people alter their opinion of the current game based on the last one? Are we supposed overlook certain things because of the first leg?

Nope, but why is it when there is a call against Barca, its just "lol", call for barca, about 30posts saying corrupt referee, uefalona, bla bla.

If Milan score an offside goal now, all you will read is "serves them right, har har har"
That's just how it is.

edit
Stupid question but shouldn't the aggregate be 2-2 since away goals count as double?

No, away goals only come into play when the aggregate score is equal.

WrikaWrek

Banned
So Nesta was fouling when the ball was played?

That's a penalty.

It's not a penalty because the foul would have to be called when it happened. I don't see what's so hard to understand here.

It's the reason why refs break up players that are grabbing each other before the corner kick is taken.

Ref is in on it.

panty

First one tonight was a clear penalty. The second one, the ball wasn't in play, Puyol was wrestling Nesta to the ground and it happens at every set piece ever. All the fans like :lol barca hate barca hate :lol, it's because where the fuck do you ever see penalties like that given? It's an embarrassing decision, and a side that are quite clearly so talented should be able to get through games based on their talent and skill and not on some ridiculous decisions. Prove you're the best by scoring the goals, because it annoys me when something like this happens and then the world circle jerks over them like they've played wonderfully; even if they go out it'll be 'oh no woe is barca'. Fuck that, it's a soft penalty.

Fun fact.

Jari Litmanen said on half time "you don't give penalties like that. These kind of things happen in every match, in every league, that shouldn't have been a penalty."

Wilbur

Banned
Rewatched the scene: The ball was already in the air when the foul occurred. It's a good thing the refs punish the wrestling moves after setpieces more strictly.

No the ball was in the air when Busquets went down under pressure from Nesta and Puyol, not when the foul occurred. At the time the ball is in the air, both are as much fouls as each other.

Wilbur

Banned
Lucky but good finish.

But meh, fuck Barcelona. I really shouldn't dislike such a good team, but I can't help it. I really don't like them.

I wasn't talking about you, sorry if it came off that way. But some people throw the term around as a lazy defence.

Fair enough, but at the same time I think some people are also too quick to say 'Oh a pen for Barca. SHOCK.'

Good goal. Best team winning.

Oh, the life of the privileged and glory hunters. Must be nice.

@Messi, way to show some class
1014.jpg

WrikaWrek

Banned
Easy night heh ref, call a soft one, don't call an obvious one and Barça will take care of the rest.

Game over, I'll watch Bayern instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom