• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

Chelsea will win the CL, Torres will score a hat-trick against barca and then another against Madrid in the final. Believe!!!

The smart thing to do, which you do see happen quite often, is for the referee to blow the whistle when he sees the pushing and shoving, have a word with the offenders (Nesta and Puyol), and make them retake the corner.

Noirulus

Is rtve.es proxy protected? Works pretty well, and only one or two seconds delay.

I think so, I got a message in spanish haha. I'll just look for a new one :p

So sick nobody else plays at Barca level (waiting to see if Madrid has gotten better)

Madrid was man-handling Barca in the 2nd half of their previous match-up. It took immense physical ability to pull that off, so it remains to be seen if they could do it again.

Moobabe

Except you - you're awesome.

So are the haters. ;)
Wouldn't be surprised if people say the ball was guided by uefa to go to Iniesta at this point.

Is "haters" another word for "realists"? Sometimes I wonder.

And don't play the victim - we call out bad decisions when we see them, regardless of clubs. The sorry truth is that a club of such wonderfully talented footballers has little to no class at all - I'm not sure anyone can say the club hasn't had massively favourable decisions in the CL in particular over the past few seasons.

Meier

Just looked at the stats and Milan only just recently got their 3rd shot total and still have just the 1 on goal. That's an incredible stat when compared to the 18 shots for Barca.

It's amazing that Real Madrid look to be set to win La Liga.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Loved how Daniel Alves was all smiles and shit, seemed like he was telling Robinho it wasn't worth it, it will be like that all night.

Wilbur

Banned
Just looked at the stats and Milan only just recently got their 3rd shot total and still have just the 1 on goal. That's an incredible stat when compared to the 18 shots for Barca.

Barca should be winning, that's true. But if they can't finish to save their fucking lives throughout the game, why should they when Milan took their chance?

That's what riles me about the penalty, it changes the momentum of the game and Barca have twice relied on the referee to get them out of trouble due to Messi whacking it wide 50 times

TeegsD

Milan needs to score before the 75th for there to be any real hope. But I see Messi getting the hat trick over anything else

Wilbur

Banned
Messi, I love you. No gloating comments, I'm sorry I'm saying fuck at your team a lot.

But I don't get how we contest a decision and all we get is :lol barca haters.

Moobabe

Messi, I love you. No gloating comments, I'm sorry I'm saying fuck at your team a lot.

But I don't get how we contest a decision and all we get is :lol barca haters.

Because Barca fans can't engage in an honest discussion about their club - anyone who dislikes them is branded a "hater." Logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom