• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

No debate on either penalty on BBC live text...hmm. GAF "tin foil hat conspiracies" or shoddy journalism from one of the finest sporting websites on the planet.

hmmm

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Gonna be relying on Bayern to prevent a classico final at this rate. I can see Chelsea putting up a fight but I reckon Barca will break them.

What's up with teams hastily sticking on new sponsors on the front of their shirts this season? Newcastle, APOEL and Marseille have all done it so far.

Moobabe

No debate on either penalty on BBC live text...hmm. GAF "tin foil hat conspiracies" or shoddy journalism from one of the finest sporting websites on the planet.

hmmm

It's interesting that the guy writing the commentary offers little in the way of criticism, but selects texts and tweets from people that do question the decisions.

Wilbur

Banned
Rio Ferdinand ‏ @rioferdy5
The ref has followed the rules there...shirt pull = foul. Messi = nerveless

I forgot Rio Ferdinand writes the rules. Plus he probably pulls a shirt at every corner.

Kyoufu LOL. Wayne Rooney thinks it's right to fuck a granny, doesn't mean I would. What's him playing for United got to do with anything?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This pub doesn't have sky sports either , relying on BBC sports ticker on the screen. Fucking Barca, least town are up.

coldfoot

Banned
Terrible ref, might as well put on a Barca jersey. I hate AC Milan, but the ref gave the game to Barca with the penalty and handball calls.

Kyoufu

I forgot Rio Ferdinand writes the rules. Plus he probably pulls a shirt at every corner.

Kyoufu LOL. Wayne Rooney thinks it's right to fuck a granny, doesn't mean I would. What's him playing for United got to do with anything?

lmao @ bold.

So you're saying that because Rio wasn't the one who wrote the rules, he can't obviously point out that shirt pulling = foul? It's the rules. I don't know who wrote it but it is what it is. What are you even saying here? Referees are being encouraged to give the fouls.

Wilbur

Banned
lmao @ bold.

So you're saying that because Rio wasn't the one who wrote the rules, he can't obviously point out that shirt pulling = foul? It's the rules. I don't know who wrote it but it is what it is. What are you even saying here? Referees are being encouraged to give the fouls.

I'm saying why does Rio Ferdinand's opinion matter more than anyone else's? Surely it can't be a) because he's a professional (who will indeed do exactly the same fouls at every set piece ever given and be on the receiving end of them when he goes up for them without ever appealing) and b) because he plays for a team I support I should instantly value his judgment more?

Moobabe

Fernando 'Bionic Man' Torres could get it done, for sure.

Messi has always struggled against us (touch wood) - and while I wouldn't be confident of a victory I wouldn't be overly shocked if we managed something. Though I said that last time and we had like 3 stone wall penalties turned down so..

How long until all the people who wanted Torres off the team deny that, and all the people who felt bad for Torres begin to hate him now? (I'm grouped with the latter, we'll see how long I last)

Always been an advocate here - dig up my post history! Kalou, Sturridge and Mata in behind Torres - av at em!

Fantomex

Oh! It must be true now!

So you just want to bitch and complain? Is that it? I give you a defenders opinion who must of been in that position before whos actually played the game, played in the CL and it's not good enough. Let get rid of that Barca fans won't egage in an honest discussion rhetoric then. The penalty was soft, it shouldn't of been called but it was. Just like a person that can be just a bit over the drinking limit and still be booked for a DUI. The rules are the rules. What do you want Barcelona fans to say?

FootballFan

lmao @ bold.

That second penalty was not a penalty, 80% of the time ref would not give that.

fs what is Thiago doing, stop playing around and try and score.

Kyoufu

I'm saying why does Rio Ferdinand's opinion matter more than anyone else's, a) because he's a professional (who will indeed do exactly the same fouls at every set piece ever given and be on the receiving end of them when he goes up for them without ever appealing) and b) because he plays for a team I support I should instantly value his judgment more?

He's saying that's what the rules are.

The point is, the rules are the rules. I'm not being biased here. Same thing happened to Newcastle against Sunderland a few weeks back. I didn't complain. It's very soft but referees are told to give penalties if they see it.

Wilbur

Banned
So you just want to bitch and complain? Is that it? I give you a defenders opinion who must of been in that position before whos actually played the game, played in the CL and it's not good enough. Let get rid of that Barca fans won't egage in an honest discussion rhetoric then. The penalty was soft, it shouldn't of been called but it was. Just like a person that can be just a bit over the drinking limit and still be booked for a DUI. The rules are the rules. What do you want Barcelona fans to say?

You get rid of the Barca fans who won't engage in honest discussion and there's two left.

What is infuriating is that it happens EVERY FUCKING TIME there is a corner.

What is infuriating is that the ball was not in play when the foul occurred.

What is infuriating is that Nesta and Puyol are doing exactly the same thing.

You get rid of the Barca fans who won't engage in honest discussion and there's two left.

What is infuriating is that it happens EVERY FUCKING TIME there is a corner.

What is infuriating is that the ball was not in play when the foul occurred.

What is infuriating is that Nesta and Puyol are doing exactly the same thing.

that's the key here, puyol clearly tackled nesta there.

Come on dude.

Kyoufu

I actually want consistency. Not all shirt pulling is given as fouls and it always shocks me when it's given because it isn't given often despite all the shirt pulling/pushing going on.

They should just solve this by having them retake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom