• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintan

He's saying that's what the rules are.

The point is, the rules are the rules. I'm not being biased here. Same thing happened to Newcastle against Sunderland a few weeks back. I didn't complain. It's very soft but referees are told to give penalties if they see it.
But I think it's strange that they suddenly decide to give it for this one corner while ignoring (bar one or two other times when they've been given) every other corner it happens on. Just look at every single Stoke City game.

Perhaps next season the FA's should resolve to give one on every corner and see how quickly they can stamp out that kind of behaviour.

Sealda

Banned
WHAT

He barely touched him

The thing is, more and more people are starting to hate this Barcelona team. I have noticed, how it gradually increase with every season.

Noirulus

Messi has always struggled against us (touch wood) - and while I wouldn't be confident of a victory I wouldn't be overly shocked if we managed something. Though I said that last time and we had like 3 stone wall penalties turned down so..

I think the main obstacle for Chelsea is their own defence. I'm not sure if it's improved recently but from some of the matches i've watched earlier this season, it wasn't very good.

So you just want to bitch and complain? Is that it? I give you a defenders opinion who must of been in that position before whos actually played the game, played in the CL and it's not good enough. Let get rid of that Barca fans won't egage in an honest discussion rhetoric then. The penalty was soft, it shouldn't of been called but it was. Just like a person that can be just a bit over the drinking limit and still be booked for a DUI. The rules are the rules. What do you want Barcelona fans to say?

Calm down bud. Rational discussion went out the window. My post was meant as a jest. My opinion doesn't matter anymore than yours does or Rio Ferdinand's does. If you ask me, Puyol's shoulder means the kick should have been reset. But I don't know the rules any better than anyone else currently posting.

Nobody on either side of the decision is acting rationally, so quit getting mad.

Wilbur

Banned
Exactly, Stoke would lose 50-0 every game. The reason it isn't that way is because Stoke's plucky gutsy underdog reputation precedes them.

Barcelona's precedes them as the gods of all that is spherical and leather and thus immediately they have to be crowned kings of the fucking universe.

Kyoufu

But I think it's strange that they suddenly decide to give it for this one corner while ignoring (bar one or two other times when they've been given) every other corner it happens on. Just look at every single Stoke City game.

Perhaps next season the FA's should resolve to give one on every corner and see how quickly they can stamp out that kind of behaviour.

Yeah they need to figure that out.

Also put in goal line tech come the fuck on.

Moobabe

I think the main obstacle for Chelsea is their own defence. I'm not sure if it's improved recently but from some of the matches i've watched earlier this season, it wasn't very good.

Luiz has improved massively - but I agree. Villa was a rude awakening for us, conceding two cheap goals. I'm being hasty though; we still have to progress tomorrow.

Are you a Chelsea fan?

I am - and now you're going to tell me that discredits my views? I don't need to dig up footage from our game against you a few years ago, it wouldn't do your arguments any favours.

You're right, random Neogaf posters have uncovered the greatest footballing conspiracy of our times, involving the UNICEF, UEFA and Barcelona.

Nope. I just said you're giving BBC live text way too much credit, as if it's the pinnacle of sports journalism or something.

coldfoot

Banned
They can surely learn things from American Football, allowing challenges and video reviews. UEFA/FIFA are daft conservatives.

The referee is the greatest threat to the game IMHO. They have to be everywhere and decide in a split second with no reversals and no accountability.

FootballFan

Can we please stop with the UNICEF and UEFA bollocks. Please.

Yes please. It's as bad as FergieTime, CalcioPoli, etc Immature and annoying. If it isn't a penalty, which the 2nd one wasn't. Say it wasn't and I will respect your opinion(not directed at you Wilbury lol). Uefalona, unicef etc is just as bad as when I reply with :lol haters.

Wilbur

Banned
Isn't card begging a card offense? I remember a long time ago players were carded if they begged.

Should be but Barca do it every game and no one gets booked. Mancini did it and didn't get reprimanded. Doesn't seem to be enforced like it should.

Hopefully Chelsea can rough them up a bit and pressure them like they haven't been for a while. Doubt it though.

HOLY FUCK I WANT CHELSEA TO WIN

Salvadora

Yes please. It's as bad as FergieTime, CalcioPoli, etc Immature and annoying. If it isn't a penalty, which the 2nd one wasn't. Say it wasn't and I will respect your opinion(not directed at you Wilbury lol). Uefalona, unicef etc is just as bad as when I reply with :lol haters.

Fergie time has been proven real has it not?

WrikaWrek

Banned
and there's no big team that has benefited from it more than madrid.

Maybe in the past. Listen, Italy just does it more in the open, I know 2nd hand stories of refs being paid, agents basically steal players from others monopolizing the economics of transfers, etc etc

It ain't bullshit. Corruption really is for real.

Fantomex

Luiz has improved massively - but I agree. Villa was a rude awakening for us, conceding two cheap goals. I'm being hasty though; we still have to progress tomorrow.

I am - and now you're going to tell me that discredits my views? I don't need to dig up footage from our game against you a few years ago, it wouldn't do your arguments any favours.

Oh no not at all. I really think Chelsea got shafted. I just wanted to know if you would be interested in an avatar bet, provided Barcelona get to the next round. We can also discredit the bet if any penalties are awarded to Barcelona, just so the Ref thing is not an excuse. Want to?

Moobabe

Should be but Barca do it every game and no one gets booked. Mancini did it and didn't get reprimanded. Doesn't seem to be enforced like it should.

Hopefully Chelsea can rough them up a bit and pressure them like they haven't been for a while. Doubt it though.

Welcome aboard son!

Oh no not at all. I really think Chelsea got shafted. I just wanted to know if you would be interested in an avatar bet, provided Barcelona get to the next round. We can also discredit the bet if any penalties are awarded to Barcelona, just so the Ref thing is not an excuse. Want to?

Yeah sure man, it's all a bit of jest anyway
it isn't
And assuming we get to the next round as well.

Wilbur

Banned

I don't know whether this is being nice or saying I don't respect your opinion.

My Barca hate has ruined my basic literary skills.

Sloosha

I always knew you were one of the good guys.

Kyoufu

I agree, the conspiracy shit is so retarded.

It's just as bad as being labelled a Barca fan just for following the rules of a football game. :p

I'm not a barca fan but when I see a shirt being pulled I know it's a foul. Referees being inconsistent with that is a problem they need to sort out, but it IS a foul according to the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom