• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaGe_pt

I wonder if this would've been called a penalty today:

ubOSQ.gif

Nope, not a chance in hell.

God we were so robbed that night, that was a penalty, Abidal would be sent off!

Hixx

I'm interested to hear what you think, considering you were given a penalty against us a few weeks ago for the same thing :p

Foul, refereeing inconsistency doesn't make it not a foul - they get it wrong when they don't give the penalties, yet only real get bollocked when they do... logic! I don't buy the 'if they gave them all the games would end 10-5' or whatever... if they gave them the players would stop doing it. But having only seen one replay I dunno if the ball was in play or not, many in here seem to say it wasn't, so...

swansea would have wiped the floor with this barca team

If Barca's goal was on the halfway line, sure. ;)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I certainly noticed these and may have accepted a penalty, albeit being pissed off (just like I accepted the first penalty of tonight). Though I don't think it was warranted last game.

However, it's like the story of the Boy Who Cried Wolf,
there were countless other times when Barca got beneficial calls, often due to dubious or ridiculous circumstances (RVP getting red carded last year, fouls from diving, etc). So that is why we always view every foul for Barca in suspicion.

of course, I never whine when we get a shit decision against us. It's part of the game. In La Liga we have gotten tons of bad decisions and I never ranted on this thread. It's part of the game, refs are human they can make mistakes. People just like blowing shit out of proportion sometimes when a call DOES goes our way.

Wilbur

Banned
It does feel right - and, fwiw, I want United to win the title - we're the only club that can buy its way to the title dammit!

<3 AVB era I was rooting for Chelsea so fucking much, I loved the guy. I disapprove of what happened but as long as you put away Barca then I want the fucking tag.

Make it a John Terry shirt and I'll know you are sincere ;)

I already got one as part of my BNP membership renewal pack.

spidye

this thread was so ugly. I didn't want to post anything. hopefully we can move on and be friends again.

anyway, bayern won. yayyyyyyyyy!

Kyoufu

Foul, refereeing inconsistency doesn't make it not a foul - they get it wrong when they don't give the penalties, yet only real get bollocked when they do... logic! I don't buy the 'if they gave them all the games would end 10-5' or whatever... if they gave them the players would stop doing it. But having only seen one replay I dunno if the ball was in play or not, many in here seem to say it wasn't, so...

That about sums it up.

If Chelsea win then they'll be distracted by the CL so then we can beat them at Stamford Bridge.

Come on Chelsea!

<3 AVB era I was rooting for Chelsea so fucking much, I loved the guy. I disapprove of what happened but as long as you put away Barca then I want the fucking tag.

I already got one as part of my BNP membership renewal pack.

British National Party? They entice you to renew by offering you football kits?

okay i have cooled down. thoughts:

we need to stop playing with nesta, ambro, and seedorf. they are too slow and can't keep up at this level anymore. seedorf is invisible, nesta and ambro commit way too many reckless tackles because they can't keep up. we can play with maybe ONE of them (nesta) if we compensate with speed (thiago silva.) but today was just a disaster with mexes+nesta with ambro in front of them. probably the slowest defense/midfield in the entire CL.

we are never going to compete with barca/madrid if we play these old slow guys. all of their contracts are up this summer, we should either keep them in a backup/mentor role or just let them go. starting the game with three 35 year olds against a team comprised of extremely quick midgets was always going to be a disaster. hopefully berlusconi/galliani realize this. however, knowing berlu, he will blame max for subbing off seedorf.

also, pato is ridiculous. if he is broken, we should get rid of him, sorry to say. he can't play more than a game without getting injured this season, it is absurd. and robinho is simply not good enough for this level. hopefully with cassano back next week our strike partnership will begin to click again.

barca is superior to us, i wouldn't have minded losing fairly without referee help. oh well, it is what it is. hopefully now we can focus on the scudetto.

FuturusX

..it's not a penalty.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Just for the record, there's been absolutely no compelling argument against it. I'm actually interested in hearing one. The referee clearly thought the ball was in play when a foul was committed.

Not sure why Nesta decided to hold his man in the box, always leaving himself open for the call, with that one.

Nesta put his team on the back foot there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom