• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is splitting the ball in two a normal occurrence in Serie A?

Oh
lSdi6.gif
lSdi6.gif

"@DanSilverMirror: There will be some astonishing Sam Allardyce quotes re West Ham fans in tomorrow's papers. Beginning to think this will not end well..."

Can't wait for this

Wilbur

Banned
I think we can win 4-0 in the Allianz if we play as good as against Basel.
A win against Dortmund, next week, is a must btw.

There's no way you'll beat Madrid 4-0. No way. Not only would you have to play as well as you did, Madrid would have to lower their talent to Basels and then be as poor as they were.

elsk

Banned
Kagawa sounds like a true asshole. Dortmund gave him an amazing opportunity, made him an starter and everything and now he wants to leave... I hope he fucks up his career, as Sahin.

There's no way you'll beat Madrid 4-0. No way. Not only would you have to play as well as you did, Madrid would have to lower their talent to Basels and then be as poor as they were.

I think it's very possible to have a 3-0/4-0 in the Allianz.

There's like a 5% chance of it happening. It's possible but "very possible", not sure. That kind of result would be one of the biggest in Europe for a long long time, to beat another big European club who are also playing at a high level so handsomely, the performance would have to be one of the CL's all time best.

Anyways, it's good your confident, you should be.

Soi-Fong

Kagawa sounds like a true asshole. Dortmund gave him an amazing opportunity, made him an starter and everything and now he wants to leave... I hope he fucks up his career, as Sahin.

Wow.. There's something seriously wrong with you... When you have the chance to play for your dream club, I think you'll take it. All footballers want to move onto bigger clubs if given the opportunity.

And how exactly is he an asshole? Last I remember he didn't do a Tevez and he isn't requesting to be transfer-listed either. He's just choosing not to extend his contract.

sneaky77

I think is possible for Bayern to beat Madrid, I don't think they will win 4-0 at Allianz but Madrid historically always has issues playing Bayer in Munich.

So maybe a 3-1 at Allianz, and I am not sure Madrid can keep Munich from scoring in Bernabeu so it may be a close tie.. (I hope for entertainment sake)

elsk

Banned
Wow.. There's something seriously wrong with you... When you have the chance to play for your dream club, I think you'll take it. All footballers want to move onto bigger clubs if given the opportunity.

And how exactly is he an asshole? Last I remember he didn't do a Tevez and he isn't requesting to be transfer-listed either. He's just choosing not to extend his contract.

What are they offering? more money is the only plus those clubs could offer.

I could see a player leaving, because he wants to play european football, but Dortmund is playing CL and are very likely to keep playing in CL for a few seasons at least.

That's a bold statement to say Sahin's career is ruined. He's only 23 lol.
Also ironic, Robben went to Real Madrid when he was 23 and was soon unwanted after injury problems. He's now Bayerns best player (or one of!).

It's all rumours about Kagawa right now. Hasn't really done anything though.

GorillaJu

I could see a player leaving, because he wants to play european football, but Dortmund is playing CL and are very likely to keep playing in CL for a few seasons at least.

But maybe he wants to actually win the CL? (okay guys that was a joke you can stop typing, I know it'll never happen)

Prestige?

A bigger stage?

Edit - FWIW I don't think Kagawa is in a bad place at all, BVB are a fantastic club. I can see why'd want to move though and even if the choice is simply financial there is nothing wrong with that.

Soi-Fong

Prestige?

A bigger stage?

Edit - FWIW I don't think Kagawa is in a bad place at all, BVB are a fantastic club. I can see why'd want to move though and even if the choice is simply financial there is nothing wrong with that.

This. It's the PL for God's sake! Say what you want about how the PL has fallen, but the fact of the matter is that it's still a revered league to pkay in. If you can have the opportunity to play for a top-tier league like MU which is certainly higher in the bracket than Dortmund in terms of prestige, I can see Kagawa taking that opportunity.

And to tell you honestly, I don't think MU will give him a higher wage than what BVB is offering him. Pretty sure he'll have to prove himself that he got what it takes to play as well as he's playing now (and even better) at Old Trafford.

elsk

Banned
I'm not accusing Chelsea or ManU, I'm talking about Kagawa here. Obviously those clubs are just doing their work trying to get good players.

edit: also, I think Dortmund is more likely to win a CL trophy than Chelsea :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This. It's the PL for God's sake! Say what you want about how the PL has fallen, but the fact of the matter is that it's still a revered league to pkay in. If you can have the opportunity to play for a top-tier league like MU which is certainly higher in the bracket than Dortmund in terms of prestige, I can see Kagawa taking that opportunity.

Shush you

Sorry if I may crush some dreams but I have to make clear that today's Kagawa rumor is just total nonsense, mainly because I fucking love that guy and don't want him to leave:

The contract negotiations with Kagawa have been going on for months, in the first few months he didn't want to speak about it because he "wanted to focus on playing football" (which worked great for us!). In the last few weeks, there have been real negotiations. One or two weeks ago, Watzke (our CEO) said that there will be a final decision in the next few weeks and he expects Shinji to sign the contract.

Today, Bild (English translation: paper to whipe your ass with) "has learned that Kagawa wants to leave". Like always, Bild gives no source and the sources they have for BVB information is extremely limited (see the Reus signing or Götze's new contract, they knew absolutely nothing about it). The only semi-official thing they have for this story is a quote from our team manager, Zorc, which doesn't say anything about Shinji leaving at all. Only that Shinji wants to play for Real, Barca, Man United, etc. some day (which pretty much every player wants). If this quote is true at all, is a different story lol

Now, I don't want to be naive. This thing is taking way too long and there were always rumors about Shinji wanting to join a really big club because he wants to be the biggest football celebrity in Japan or something. Kagawa leaving is nowhere near impossible, I actually was pretty sure he'd leave some weeks ago. This rumor, however, is absolutely shit and has no information in it at all. It's just Bild trying to get an "exclusive story" and stirring up shit (they also have an article about how every "striker" of us wants to leave including old as shit quotes from Lewandowski's agent about stuff that has been solved weeks ago). Actually, Kagawa signing a new contract looks rather likely to me.

Soi-Fong

Sorry if I may crush some dreams but I have to make clear that today's Kagawa rumor is just total nonsense, mainly because I fucking love that guy and don't want him to leave:

The contract negotiations with Kagawa have been going on for months, in the first few months he didn't want to speak about it because he "wanted to focus on playing football" (which worked great for us!). In the last few weeks, there have been real negotiations. One or two weeks ago, Watzke (our CEO) said that there will be a final decision in the next few weeks and he expects Shinji to sign the contract.

Today, Bild (English translation: paper to whipe your ass with) "has learned that Kagawa wants to leave". Like always, Bild gives no source and the sources they have for BVB information is extremely limited (see the Reus signing or Götze's new contract, they knew absolutely nothing about it). The only semi-official thing they have for this story is a quote from our team manager, Zorc, which doesn't say anything about Shinji leaving at all. Only that Shinji wants to play for Real, Barca, Man United, etc. some day (which pretty much every player wants). If this quote is true at all, is a different story lol

Now, I don't want to be naive. This thing is taking way too long and there were always rumors about Shinji wanting to join a really big club because he wants to be the biggest football celebrity in Japan or something. Kagawa leaving is nowhere near impossible, I actually was pretty sure he'd leave some weeks ago. This rumor, however, is absolutely shit and has no information in it at all. It's just Bild trying to get an "exclusive story" and stirring up shit (they also have an article about how every "striker" of us wants to leave including old as shit quotes from Lewandowski's agent about stuff that has been solved weeks ago). Actually, Kagawa signing a new contract looks rather likely to me.

I've only seen Kagawa play a few times and those were awesome, but would you guys really say he would be good enough for Real Madrid or Barcelona? Also, doesn't Barcelona have a thing against Asian players or did I hear wrong?

TeegsD

I'm going to say this now. So I can be duly quoted if I'm wrong...but. I see a Benfica shock tonight...Chelsea to lose.

I'd love for them to win for Portugal's euro coefficient at least but possibly not having any natural CB's in the game at all is going to hurt them a lot.

Moobabe

I don't love Chelsea, I hate benfica with a passion... ;)

I'll take that - welcome aboard!

Can't you see? Aimar seems like such a good lad, and he is pretty dreamy. But yeah I'm just hoping, Benfica didn't seem to have that much bite last game. I see a 2-2 draw with a Torres goal by way of header.

I don't know what to make of tonight - I fancy our chances - especially with Benfica missing some key players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom