• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-0 Lampard (p)

iw46uSQ6fycam.gif

izZn5XRTNgtkr.gif

GQman2121

Banned
All you people saying "Bye Benfica" realize this means nothing right? They already needed 2 goals.

Absolutely not saying it's over, over. We did concede two goals last weekend in 3 minutes. But Benfica, though they've started better this game, have shown very little.

rififi

Judging by that gif, that Benfica defender looks like he could lose a few pounds, no wonder Cole went down so easily.

CrunchyB

All you people saying "Bye Benfica" realize this means nothing right? They already needed 2 goals.

That's sort of true, a single goal would have meant penalties. Of course we've still got 70 minutes to go. If anything, I'm for Benfica, but I'm having a hard time seeing it happen.

Also, Benfica's defence is second rate and they already collected a ton of yellow cards. Not good.

Luiz, what was he doing lol?

Benfica moaning about anything and everything.

Great set piece there by Benfica though, wonderfully worked

Benfica's players make a lot of stupid decisions. Ridiculous indiscipline.

Two totally needless bookings, and he's captain :lol

He should have actually just passed the ball, over ran it made a stupid challenge and he's off.

But Maxi had no yellow card yet? How was it a double yellow? Was it a direct red? Wtf?

It seems like a straight red... A bit too harsh?

The ref's shrug to the Benfica player was intriguing. Probably felt that it wasn't worth sending him off for, but realised too late.
No, I think he was saying, "what do you want me to do?".

That tackle was a certain yellow and the booking before was for continuous moaning. Nothing wrong with the decision.

But Maxi had no yellow card yet? How was it a double yellow? Was it a direct red? Wtf?

Picked one up for dissent when the penalty was given.

No, I think he was saying, "what do you want me to do?".

That tackle was a certain yellow and the booking before was for continuous moaning. Nothing wrong with the decision.

True, but there is a difference between a yellow card offence and sending someone off for two yellows when one was for moaning. The way that he didnt have the red card ready and had to fish it out of his pocket made it look like he wasn't intending to dismiss him.

Picked one up for dissent when the penalty was given.

Oh okay.

Edit: The Portuguese commentators say the Benfica staff were discussing and it was a straight red, and Maxi had no yellow yet. I'm confused as we didn't see him get a yellow on TV here...

What th fuck are you guys talking about? Two of the mat obvious cards you'll see there was no decision to b made

Do people really think the ref should ignore the rules for our entertainment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom