• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was that a soft red? Easy decisions.

The ref actually stood up to players bitching and booked him for dissent, good call. Second yellow was even more obv. Late and studs showing.

Great goal from Kaka.

Lol Torres, still no confidence.

Aaaand once again the ref ruins a cl match

First Manchester United (Benfica) and then City (Sporting). Let's save Chelsea!

5F1RG.jpg

Arnie

Fed up of teams just handing the win to the other team, makes for shit viewing if you're a neutral. Both Milan and Benfica could've made these fixtures more exciting if they didn't give away petulant penalties and needless red cards.

Shoot fernando, shoot.

2-0 kaka. Awesome goal, too bad my stream glitched, looks so good live.

ipBa9xDdybTgu.gif

Finesse shot from outside the box at that angle? With no Stekelenburg or Joe Hart in net? Fifa12 gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

I wonder if Kaka ran all the way to the half line with that celebration and watched his own replay 3 times on the TV monitor :lol

Fed up of teams just handing the win to the other team, makes for shit viewing if you're a neutral. Both Milan and Benfica could've made these fixtures more exciting if they didn't give away petulant penalties and needless red cards.

Shoot fernando, shoot.

I agree. At least I'll watch the rest of the match calmly from now on (Benfica fan).

I really like Chelsea since Mourinho though, so I'll be rooting for them next round.

RaGe_pt

Maxi got a red card?! FINNALY. And Javi Garcia does that shit all the time in the Portuguese League, he did that last weekend too, and doesn't get called for it. This is europe benfica, you can't do that shit ;)

Finesse shot from outside the box at that angle? With no Stekelenburg or Joe Hart in net? Fifa12 gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.

I wonder if Kaka ran all the way to the half line with that celebration and watched his own replay 3 times on the TV monitor :lol

Incredible goal in real life, completely shit goal in fifa. yep sounds about right

Dibbz

wow this ref is shit. Cards for players talking to him lol. Yet Chelsea keep giving free kicks on the edge of their box and get nothing.

I actually want Chelsea to go through but way to ruin the game ref.

well the good news about these games being over already is that i can focus on editing my paper

the bad news is that now i'd rather edit my paper than watch these shitty games. what a crappy quarter final round, luckily the semis should be awesome though.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Benfica have been the better side in possession but their indiscipline has cost them, deservedly so. You can't behave like that at this level.

wow this ref is shit. Cards for players talking to him lol. Yet Chelsea keep giving free kicks on the edge of their box and get nothing.

"Talking" :p

And those faults by the edge of the box got their deserving yellows. B. Ivanovic and Ramires. Actually not sure if Ramires was, but at least one of them got a yellow.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. I score so many of those finesse-outside-the-box goals in fifa it doesn't seem so unique anymore.

I rarely play Fifa, but the finesse shots with the right player are a little too easy to pull off. In pro evo I rarely score a goal from outside the box, its so hard.

Arnie

It's Benfica's indiscipline that's ruined this game, not the referee. Makes for frustrating viewing, especially when you've looked forward to the match all day, but that's football. I'd rather teams with ill discipline be weeded out as soon as possible anyway, so the chances of such things happening decrease as you reach the most important rounds.

While the half time break is on and it came up in conversation haha...

I am gauging interest in a Gaf 360 Pro Clubs...if you would like to join just reply in this thread or PM me!

CrunchyB

wow this ref is shit. Cards for players talking to him lol.

Multiple cards for shouting in his face. The idiots screwed themselves over.

Maxi's tackle was very risky, he should have known it was going to be a possible second yellow or even a straight red.

Whoever said the penalty was soft must be on something. About as clear a penalty as I've seen.

It's also good to see a ref punishing players for shouting at officials. The only way people will stop arguing with referees is if they start getting cards.

elsk

Banned

Same happened in the first leg Maseille-Bayern match. Like 5 yellows to Bayern players in less than 5 minutes. Even for talking to him!

Obviously the referee was from Madrid (Spain). :)

Dibbz

It's Benfica's indiscipline that's ruined this game, not the referee. Makes for frustrating viewing, especially when you've looked forward to the match all day, but that's football. I'd rather teams with ill discipline be weeded out as soon as possible anyway, so the chances of such things happening decrease as you reach the most important rounds.

Benfica made some clumsy challenges but they do not deserve to be down to 10 men. It's not like they've been hacking players down.

Nothing worse than a ref trying to stamp is authority down in the first 10 minutes by dishing yellows out at anyone who walks over to him.

keit4

Banned
Same happened in the first leg Maseille-Bayern match. Like 5 yellows to Bayern players in less than 5 minutes. Even for talking to him!

Obviously the referee was from Madrid (Spain). :)

LOLOLOL

Seriously, a spaniard stole your gf?

Emerson denying Torres. Emerson is playing so well, definitely doesn't deserve critics after this one. Torres is looking quite good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom