• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

My little sister just passed out twice in less than 10 minutes, she just went to the hospital in the ambulance. It was so fucking sad to see what I just saw GAF :'(

Hahaha, bullshit rumor of the day: Real wants Bayern's Rafinha.

If that was true, you'd think Real has a commitment which forces them to buy Bayern's worst players lol

pappe

Hahaha, bullshit rumor of the day: Real wants Bayern's Rafinha.

If that was true, you'd think Real has a commitment which forces them to buy Bayern's worst players lol

Sorry to hear about that Fry. Hope everything turns out ok and is just a minor issue.

GorillaJu

My little sister just passed out twice in less than 10 minutes, she just went to the hospital in the ambulance. It was so fucking sad to see what I just saw GAF :'(

She'll be okay... keep us updated though. I know it's really scary.

--

Just watched the full Chelsea v Benfica game. I had no idea Benfica made it so hard for Chelsea. Was a pretty entertaining game.

Slizz

Next thread title should be fadys, seriously he has put in the work

Gonna be a little bit before thats needed. The thread has been crawling ever since relegation.

Sidenote; Group members are fucking up, I had to completely overhaul the project this morning, the morning of presentation. On top of that one of the members was so mindless he just copied text not relevant to our topic and made slides based on that. So I might have to completely remove a section, or have the person fix it, or fucking do it myself.

GorillaJu

Gonna be a little bit before thats needed. The thread has been crawling ever since relegation.

Sidenote; Group members are fucking up, I had to completely overhaul the project this morning, the morning of presentation. On top of that one of the members was so mindless he just copied text not relevant to our topic and made slides based on that. So I might have to completely remove a section, or have the person fix it, or fucking do it myself.

Oh god. I'm getting flashbacks to my intro graphic design classes. I hate group projects so much.

Fry

Thanks a lot guys, it means a lot coming from all of you.

She'll be okay... keep us updated though. I know it's really scary.

Tell me about it. My mom just called me and she's doing ok, it was due to low blood pressure. She's still a little weak though, and they will scan her head to see if everything's ok, because she hit on the floor.

Do you all get the same grade? Hate those projects, at my Uni they have a peer assessment thing now where you can basically call somebody out if they're not pulling their weight.

Tell me about it. My mom just called me and she's doing ok, it was due to low blood pressure. She's still a little weak though, and they will scan her head to see if everything's ok, because she hit on the floor.
Good to hear she's doing better :)

Slizz

Do you all get the same grade? Hate those projects, at my Uni they have a peer assessment thing now where you can basically call somebody out if they're not pulling their weight.

I'm not entirely sure how everything is weighted but I know the teacher will give the group a grade. Then the class will grade the group and then group members grade each other.

It's 30% of my grade so I'd rather just do it all and have an overall good project instead of abandoning the scraggler and having the end product suffer, even with those grading options

Messi

Missed this :/ hope she is ok. Best wishes

Wilbur

Banned

It's on Page 65 in 9 days. That's good to me!

I think the whole community thing is being overstated, I don't think there's any less traffic than before. Hopefully we can still get new people in.

Who we feeling tonight then? I'm gonna have to go for Bilbao, Atletico, AZ and Metalist.

EDIT: Glad to hear she's a bit better Fry!!

Slizz

I think the whole community thing is being overstated, I don't think there's any less traffic than before. Hopefully we can still get new people in.

Who we feeling tonight then? I'm gonna have to go for Bilbao, Atletico, AZ and Metalist.

Seems like the thread has long lulls of no posting though.

Just saw Kaka's finesse goal, good lord FIFA12 down to the tee.

Good news Fry, hopefully it was something minor like didn't eat enough or something.

Wilbur

Banned
nathanrb61 is my PSN if people want to add, or give me yours and I'll add. Finally got it working and played one game, I was Dortmund vs. Arsenal. Went 0-2 down, got it back to 2-2 and then let in a goal on the break. 14 shots to 5 and lost :(

feel

Good to read.

Fantomex

Glad everything's ok Fry, I was hoping it would be that or what my aunts always fainted from which I think was being anemic. Proper diet and shell be right as rain.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hope everything is alright, Felipe!
:/ please, ill trade Yurt for Fady, sorry Yurt but prioritys.

HEE...well, if it it's going to bring Fady back, then I'll go with it! Take me away, Messi
Xoskd.gif

Conte. <3 If you listen carefully he's actually talking about Milan and he doesn't say 'they can win the scudetto, but they'll have to spit blood', he says 'cagare', so 'shit blood'. Haha. Finally someone who understands what it means to play for Juve, sigh.

Yeah, the subs were not accurate! I've read his quote elsewhere and he was clearly talking about Milan!

8 games left..

ufhwo.jpg

There will be blood and shit.
And penalties

Blablurn

nathanrb61 is my PSN if people want to add, or give me yours and I'll add. Finally got it working and played one game, I was Dortmund vs. Arsenal. Went 0-2 down, got it back to 2-2 and then let in a goal on the break. 14 shots to 5 and lost :(

my name is DimiKun! ADD MEEEE

EDIT:

oh shit, wish ur sister all the best, mate :(

Fady K

Edit: So sorry to hear about your sis Fry, I hope she gets better real soon bro, update us please...

Dc89 predicted it properly when he stated in the last thread:

dc89 said:
When Fady chimes in we're In for one hell of a post!

Ok this is going to be massive, surely; and it is only the first of 2-3 multiquote posts for the day so I can catch up! Being who I am I have to respond to anyone who addressed me in thread no. 7. Too little, too late, but it's gotta come and now that I have the chance to breathe after so many busy weeks at work I may as well do it.

Yurt + Faridmon, I'll be getting back to your PM s tonight :)!

For now, responses to people from OT7:

dc89 said:
Another brilliant Fady multi quote post! I agree, losing 2-1 at the Etihad due to a penalty is not a disaster. City have turned that ground in to a fortress and very few teams go there and come away with a draw or a win!

:O FADY! Today I'm going to go and buy Messi Effect 3! I have Game of Thrones coming on Blu-ray too so I'm in for a good day of entertainment with City playing in the late afternoon!

:D:D

Glad you enjoy my multipost madness dc :) Always a pleasure. I wish City had done better in recent games; especially after beating Chelsea the way they did. I hope it's not too late >_< Seemed like you had a good day back then! How is Mass Effect 3 going? With less work now, I may get back to finishing 2. Going through the loyalty missions, awesome!

Jeff Albertson said:
Fady is like the nicest football fan in history.

I await the day he snaps it will be like when Dion Dublin nutted Robbie Savage

I think it may be time to bring out the shorts

God bless you for your kind words Jeff, it means a lot :)! I'll still need to hate less on a team or two before I become as nice as I should be.

Messi said:
Its like fady has no frame of reference for hate in football. Its like he loves everyone. He is awesome.

Again, more kindness from an awesome poster. It's a pleasure to have one of my favorite Barca fans say such a thing about me. I have a big surprise that i'll be sharing very soon by the way, and I'm sure you'll like it. Stay tuned :D

Oxx said:
If the tail-end of AVB's reign couldn't break Fady, I don't know what will.

Maybe if Chelsea get screwed out of the Champions League against Barcelona again...

Haha at the start of the season I was far too prone to being broken! I'm sure a lot of posters remember my meltdowns, even if they weren't too extreme, against losses to United especially, and the countless embarrassing defeats that followed. But eventually I got so tired of being too drained - or so I thought until the home games between Chelsea and Napoli/Benfica where I could not relax until the final whistle -_-!

Now that Chelsea vs Barca is a reality, wow, I don't know what to think yet.

Faridmon said:
24 years old. I feel old already :/

24 :0! You're still young mate :D I'm turning 27 this September :p Oh shucks, you're banned again >_<

dc89 said:
Ive been thinking. Maybe the Kermit twitter is being ran by the someone who can go completely under the radar and avoid suspicion. A real dark horse.

It's Fady, I'm calling it.

Blasphemy :p! Did you guys ever figure out who it really is? Was not able to follow the thread for a while!

Salazar said:
Fady doesn't have time for this.

That's true (about setting up a kermit twitter account, wouldn't do such a thing :p) though what I need make more time for is footygaf! Life is different without talking to you guys about football on a daily basis :'(

WJD said:
I think Fady would die before calling someone a cunt, though. Even in disguise.

Haha! You know me too well :p You'd be proud to know that I have managed to decrease my hate level for Man Utd over recent days, how else could I be a good footy fan :'(? Can't be hating :'(

FootballFan said:
Ranieri, Inter, lol. Fady-like multi-quote post incoming.

To see a fellow Messi nut with impressive multi-quote posts..son, I am proud :p

youregoodyou-analyzetagujn.gif

Mastadon

Banned

Yeah I agree, I actually prefer being in Community. It gives us a bit more scope to go off topic and discuss other things.

Fady K

FADY RETURNS!

ilbq8vGrDzuQz.gif

HAHHAH what a fitting GIF :p I am kidding of course, too humbled thanks bro :)! The truth is I have missed you guys far too much. The lot of you are wonderful and it's a pleasure to have such a vast group of wonderful fans to interact with on a daily basis.

Gibbo

Been following Newcastle since 1997 , and I think I speak for most here when I say that I've never been more excited since the Bobby Robson era; and I think it's amazing how Pardew has won over the Newcastle faithful. The dude is definitely comes across as one of the more likeable and intelligent managers, judging from the pre/post match interviews. And little needs to be said about the signings that he has made

Pretty good article here though I'm sure it has been posted before

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/ne...acting-stars-to-st-james-park-79310-29642107/

Anybody else gonna follow the Masters? I love it, the viewing time is perfect for the UK, starts early evening and you can just follow and watch through the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom