• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Been following Newcastle since 1997 , and I think I speak for most here when I say that I've never been more excited since the Bobby Robson era; and I think it's amazing how Pardew has won over the Newcastle faithful. The dude is definitely comes across as one of the more likeable and intelligent managers, judging from the pre/post match interviews. And little needs to be said about the signings that he has made

Pretty good article here though I'm sure it has been posted before

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/ne...acting-stars-to-st-james-park-79310-29642107/

Completely agree; I thought Newcastle would be bottom 6 or so this season. Pardew's done a great job, and I never liked him at West Ham. He's turned my opinion of him around.

Salazar

I dunno what the fuss is about, Fady sucks
kidding, love you brah <3

10zbhvnb0cm1.gif

Muamba's been doing a bit of walking for the first time since the cardiac arrest.

And Pietersen is batting like he knows how.

Yeah it really is an exciting time, I just really hope this isn't a one off and we can keep this standard up (or there abouts) in the next couple of seasons. The only thing I worry about with us is Mike Ashley, yes everything is going well at the minute but I don't think anyone can trust him not to make anymore crazy decisions, don't forget Pardew only got the job after he sacked Hughton for no reason atall.

I understand that financially he has been great for the club and we all appreciate it but the fact remains that he is a business man first and if we start the next season poorly I have no doubt that he would sack Pardew which would put us straight back at step one.

Fantomex

Dude, the masters puts me to sleep. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just all quiet and soothing and you can hear the wind blow and the birds chirping. The last match I watched fully was back in the 90's when Corey Pavin and Greg Norman? where having a battle on the final hole. I know it's a big deal here in the states though.

Yen

Anybody else gonna follow the Masters? I love it, the viewing time is perfect for the UK, starts early evening and you can just follow and watch through the night.

I stuck 25p on Jason Day. I'm a maniac!
I'm looking forward to it but I don't have Sky. Stream it is.

Salazar said:
Augusta should let women join. They are an embarrassment until they do.

They need Karren Brady and Gabby Logan to make a documentary about the issue!

Messi

Only fady would start back at OT7 to respond to people. Truly the peoples champion of footie GAF. This would be a nicer place if we all followed his example, except for his trademark multiquote masterpieces. Its a shame he supports chelsea though. :/

I stuck 25p on Jason Day. I'm a maniac!
I'm looking forward to it but I don't have Sky. Stream it is.

They need Karren Brady and Gabby Logan to make a documentary about the issue!

I don't know if it works overseas, but the masters.com website will live stream Amen Corner, Holes 15 & 16, and a few groups everyday. It's great for me when I'm sitting at my desk all day. I can't wait to get home, relax on my couch with my iPad and watch Masters Coverage and Baseball Coverage all afternoon and night!

Yen

I don't know if it works overseas, but the masters.com website will live stream Amen Corner, Holes 15 & 16, and a few groups everyday. It's great for me when I'm sitting at my desk all day. I can't wait to get home, relax on my couch with my iPad and watch Masters Coverage and Baseball Coverage all afternoon and night!

I don't think it works in the UK. Normally the BBC get all four days but from last year on, Sky get all four days and BBC get the final two. I'm sure first row will help me out today and tomorrow.

Yen

Mad bastard ;)

I stuck some money on it too, on Kaymer and Mahan each way.

Can't see any of our boys winning it.

After last year, I wouldn't be surprised if Rory never wins a green jacket. Though, at the sane time, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins five!

Clegg

We already know that Harrington won't be winning the Masters.

The poor bastard won the par 3 challenge yesterday.

Now that you're back Fady the all important question Chelsea OR Barcelona son? where do your allegiance stands? Your answer will determine whether I treat you as the enemy from here on out or not.

Oh and don't try to weasel out of this one with a vague answer :)

feel

Only fady would start back at OT7 to respond to people. Truly the peoples champion of footie GAF. This would be a nicer place if we all followed his example, except for his trademark multiquote masterpieces. Its a shame he supports chelsea though. :/
It's saddening to see him support Barcelona if you support Madrid. At least he's not annoying about it (neither are you). Gotta admit I'm the annoying kind of Madrid supporter on gaf, I get carried away mid Barcelona or Madrid games and just post all kinds of salt induced nonsense that I later regret.

Mad bastard ;)

I stuck some money on it too, on Kaymer and Mahan each way.

Can't see any of our boys winning it.
McIlroy definitely has a good chance.

I don't really mind who wins, would be cool if Woods came back to win it. I always wanted Sergio Garcia to win a major, but that doesn't look like it'll ever happen now.

Happy to watch the first two day's highlights on BBC and then follow it more closely over the weekend.

Messi

It's saddening to see him support Barcelona if you support Madrid. At least he's not annoying about it (neither are you). Gotta admit I'm the annoying kind of Madrid supporter on gaf, I get carried away mid Barcelona or Madrid games and just post all kinds of salt induced nonsense that I later regret.

Who is this new lady?

I can't remember any kind of salty comments from you. Try harder next time :0 take a cue from Spanish Wrath :p

Kyoufu

Salt induced nonsense is what it's all about, man.

Just two weeks ago I was calling to sack Pardew. Now he's awesome again.

Desmond

Who in God's name is in your avatar?

sohois

I like to follow all 4 major golf tournaments whenever they're on but it sadly it seems it is not on TV where I live and even if it were it air throughout the night i suppose, so no Masters for me this year. Its just another big sporting event added to the pile which I can't see whilst I'm here. I'll root for Westwood still, but won't be able to see his triumph.

I remember some weeks back when Arsenal was knocked out of CL by Milan some twitter Chelsea guy was saying Chelsea was the last enlgish team left and you guys were quick to jump on him saying let see what hell say after we play Napoli. Now look where we stands :) we lasted longer in Europe than all the other English teams.

Copenhagen - Brøndby in 35 min. Sadly the Brøndby fans boycotted the match, so can't even watch them fight and act like idiots while the match is sucking. We got way too many injuries so might lose our first game at home to them in 8 years.

COME ON COPENHAGEEEEEEEEN

1SyLJ.jpg

Fantomex

Copenhagen - Brøndby in 35 min. Sadly the Brøndby fans boycotted the match, so can't even watch them fight and act like idiots while the match is sucking. We got way too many injuries so might lose our first game at home to them in 8 years.

COME ON COPENHAGEEEEEEEEN

1SyLJ.jpg

Lung, you're a true fan. I respect that. Your team is garbage yet you support them. Just like I always rooted for the team that played the Harlem Globetrotters every night. That's real love.

Lung, you're a true fan. I respect that. Your team is garbage yet you support them. Just like I always rooted for the team that played the Harlem Globetrotters every night. That's real love.

We have won the league 5 out of the last 7 years, if anything Bjaelke would call me a glory hunter. :p

(also we were in the knockout stages of CL last year and we did well a few years ago beating United, Ajax and Celtic in champions league, not complete shit, just right now!)

FootballFan

I was included in Fadys post, I even got the GIF. We're not worthy. I feel proud.
Seriously though, glad you finally posted Fady(which I pronounce: Fah-Dee)

FootballFan

Not really, well you haven't annoyed me at least. The annoying Madridistas are the ones that watch all our games and comment on every single call, when we win a foul 'LOL how is that a foul?! WTF' when the other team doesnt win a foul 'WTF Pooyol punched him in the face in front of the ref and it gets ignored, oh Barca' - Those are the annoying guys. Especially when they overexaggerate everything and claim conspiracys lol(but thats just funny, not that annoying)

elseanio

What games are on sky this weekend is there a sat lunchtime game?

Saturday 7th April 2012
Sunderland V Tottenham Hotspur Premier League 12:45 Sky Sports 2 / HD2
Stoke City V Wolves Premier League 17:30 ESPN / ESPN HD
Zaragoza V Barcelona La Liga 19:00 Sky Sports 3 / HD3
Lazio V Napoli Serie A 20:00 ESPN / ESPN HD
Real Betis V Villarreal La Liga 21:00 Sky Sports 3 / HD3

Sunday 8th April 2012
Man Utd V QPR Premier League 13:30 Sky Sports 1 / HD1
Arsenal V Man City Premier League 16:00 Sky Sports 1 / HD1 / 3D
Hamburg V Bayer Leverkusen Bundesliga 16:30 ESPN / ESPN HD
Real Madrid V Valencia La Liga 21:00 Sky Sports 3 / HD3

Noirulus

Does anybody here post on r/soccer? Never disagree with a Barca fan there. No matter how logical your argument is, you will be downvoted to hell.

Fucking clowns in our defense. We score to 1-0 and then immediately let in a goal in the other end, pathetic defending, ffs why did Stadsgaard have to get injured?

N'DOYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ib1LfxNpKx3D2x.gif

iBIysWHG0Ps5Y.gif

Never get tired of that smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom