• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

^Jorge or something like that. Heard about it on r/soccer. Lost one tooth and then pulled out another, like a boss.
I saw at least two flying away from his mouth right after impact. Fucking OUCH.

edit-

bilbao-schalke has been entertaining, great atmosphere

ed2-

wow golazo

Wolfie!!!! What a cross from Capel!!!

Only one person deserved that goal, Rui Patricio. He is the reason we are still winning. Great cross from Capel but he has been shit all game

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Did you guys talk about the portuguese Apoel player (forgot his name) who lost a bunch of teeth yesterday after CR7 tripped him and he collided with a teammate? It looked extremely brutal in the slowmo replay with the teeth flying. First time I've ever wished I wasn't watching a game in HD.
1jyjv.jpg

Caceres <3

TeegsD

And Metalist scores. Totally saw it coming. We have so many good players in attack yet they just can't do shit today to keep the ball and get it up

Blackhead

Redarse
Spain is ballin'. Anybody taking bets that we're going to have all an Spanish Europa League final, all Spanish Champs League final and Spain in the Euro finals this summer?

elsk

Banned
I call that horrid defending by Hanover (Zieler shouldn't be Germany's 3rd goalkeeper), but he could've still messed it up so props to him.

I can't believe how shitty Schlaudraff is.
I hope Hannover use the EL money in buying better players for next season. Slomka is doing a fine job, but the squad is pure shit.

Spain is ballin'. Anybody taking bets that we're going to have all an Spanish Europa League final, all Spanish Champs League final and Spain in the Euro finals this summer?

If you think Bayern is a spanish team, then yes!

I'd bet on that. But it's also not surprising as most of their clubs would momentarily lose their pro licence due to their massive debts if they suddenly found themselves in other European leagues (certainly in Germany).

/edit

I can't believe how shitty Schlaudraff is.
I hope Hannover use the EL money in buying better players for next season. Slomka is doing a fine job, but the squad is pure shit.
He's either great or horrible, very volatile in his form. Their squad is fine for a middle of the road team, but yeah, probably too weak for Europe. Hope they act on that.
Slomka is indeed a straight up G, lol

TeegsD

I'm going to laugh if we manage to win the EL. It's all thanks for Patricio. He is practically carrying the team on his back and makes up for our subpar defense. And our offence just seems to get really tired way too fast.

Oh no, Patricio looks hurt.

Raytow

elsk said:
If you think Bayern is a spanish team, then yes!

Oh god the bitter tears at the semifinal will be glorious.
Also where is Metalmurphy he has some explaining to do about Sporting being the future EL champion, lol.

keit4

Banned
Sporting de Lisboa played an awful match tonight. If they play this way in semis they will get crushed by Athletic.

TeegsD

I cannot believe that we made it to the semi's. First time since we went to the finals in 2005. I totally believe we will manage to win this game.

And now on Monday Benfica are going to play our tired asses right out of the park.

Sporting de Lisboa played an awful match tonight. If they play this way in semis they will get crushed by Athletic.

Based Patricio won't let that happen

Wilbur

Banned
I cannot believe that we made it to the semi's. First time since we went to the finals in 2005. I totally believe we will manage to win this game.

And now on Monday Benfica are going to play our tired asses right out of the park.

Tough match against Bilbao, they're sacrificing the league for the cups

Madridy

5 Spanish teams out of 8 teams total in Europe between CL & EL. Incredible!

My guess is Valencia vs. A. Bilbao final, with Bilbao winning it.

TeegsD

Tough match against Bilbao, they're sacrificing the league for the cups

Oh it will be 2 great matches hopefully if our team decides to show up. Or it'll be terrible from us with Patricio making amazing saves and then we score off set pieces

Spain now has 5 team in total in the semi-final stages of both European cups, and both finales will most likely be spain vs. spain. That is fully bandanas!

I won't make any excuses of how Shalke has done, nor will I try to dismiss the competition as some secondary kids cup bullshit. This is a legitimate competition and we should have done much better, but Bilbao has brutally exposed our already obvious flaws. Hell, I'm not even going to pin this on injuries (like some people) even though we've had 3 of our 4 keepers injured at some point.

We really have to steel up our defence and hopefully find some extra firepower for next season or we'll be spanked hard in the CL. Also we have to get rid of some driftwood, Metzelder is a withered husk at this point and guys like Marica and Jurado haven't set the world on fire.

Kinan

lol, Metalist, they didnt scored their third penalty in a row, i think. :) They deserved to win against Sporting, but not enough international experience and they got punished hard for every mistake.
And yea, Taison is amazing.

Better luck next year, Kharkiv.

elsk

Banned
Schalke is shit. But Hannover was doing pure miracles with their squad. You can compare man-to-man the Atlético Madrid squad to Hannover's and I'm pretty sure all the starting XI from AM are better than the Hannover's XI. I think even the bench players from AM are better than the starting XI of Hannover :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom