• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

What is the basis for this feeling though? At the end of last season most people assumed Chelsea would be challenging for the title this season as well, I am sure this coming transfer season is gonna see the team much stronger than before.

The basis of this feeling comes from me assuming Arsenal again won't be buying anyone worthy, Podolski is a good start though, keeping RVP is just vital. Chelsea will keep Lampard, Terry, Drogba so I don't see them improving all that much, who knows what the coaching situation will be like as well. ManUniteds winning never give-up attitude will continue just like Citys insane spendings will.
Btw these are just assumptions lol. I dont know what will happen, that's just what I think will happen.

No-one ever knows what will happen(just check the predictions from OP) so I could be totally wrong lol. Arsenal or Chelsea could end up winning EPL for all I know.

Btw guys I think Nani may start. He's not been sighted for a month and the injury wasn't anything major as far as I know. Got a feeling Valencia may be rested actually, he's been playing flat out for the last few games. We should have more than enough to win at home against QPR.

Very happy with the football schedule for the PL this weekend. Tmrws game should be quite entertaining, I see a 2-2. Then Sunderland vs Spurs on Saturday will be great, game of the weekend for me, both sides play good football and I see goals in that one. Probably watch Liverpool in the 3 o'clock games, hopefully see another defeat though Villa are so bad themselves Liverpool really should be getting back to winning ways there. Sunday obv is United's game followed by City's.

In between all that I need to fit in the Masters, F1, maybe some La Liga, the rest of my life and some revision :)

And I've just noticed there are games on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday too! Schedule is pretty crazy...

rodvik

Any temporary Villa fans for this weekend ?

One can hope. I salute anyone who becomes a Villa fan right now temporary or otherwise. Outlook bleak, storms likely.

A Liverpool win is highly likely, but we are slightly better on the road than at home and its hard to see how our performances can get much worse.

The only upside is we are getting to see our academy players get more pitch time (they have to, we have no-one else).

Zabojnik

Galatasaray have confirmed that Felipe Melo and Albert Riera were involved in an altercation on Thursday, and have pledged to discipline both players.

The duo confronted each other during a training session in preparation for Sunday's trip to Manisaspor.

The Istanbul club have now announced that they will deal with the matter internally and notify the public in due course.

"As the football team trained today an incident between Felipe Melo and Albert Riera occurred and the duo were sent to the changing room by Fatih Terim," the statement began.

"In the dressing room, tension between the two continued.

"The club has a policy of dealing with disciplinary matters internally, and will act decisively, and promptly declare any sanctions."

Galatasaray currently hold a nine-point lead at the top of the Super Lig, and are heavy favourites to win the title at the completion of the play-off stage.

melo-arenada-cosuyor.jpg

Please take him off our hands Galatasaray, please, please, please, please.

Zabojnik

jeep-logo.gif

Our new sponsor, apparently? More after this morning's press event with Andrea Agnelli, John Elkann and Sergio Marchionne.

GorillaJu

I actually won two games of Fifa online. Even scored off of a free kick. I'm sorry Koreakevin, you found me on the one hour of my life that I'm not useless in this game.

Oh no! The next game my opponent scored the most incredible own goal I've ever seen, but he disconnected so I can't upload it :( It was amazing, he just booted it straight into his own net for 2 yards out.

Salazar

The 26-year-old winger, who scored one goal and created another for Ashley Young during United’s 2-0 victory at Blackburn on Monday evening, is due to undergo surgery to remove a metal plate in his left ankle, which suffered a double fracture during a Champions League clash against Rangers at Old Trafford in September 2010.

United's medical team had planned for Valencia to undergo the procedure following the final game of the season against Sunderland next month. But with Ecuador due to play Argentina on June 2, followed by another World Cup qualifier against Colombia seven days later, the former Wigan player is keen to delay surgery to represent his country.

Ecuador coach Reinaldo Rueda said: “I raised this situation with Antonio in January and we agreed to wait and see how things evolved. “I spoke to Antonio before the game against Blackburn and the most important issue is his physical situation, but we hope that they [United] are happy not to get involved.

Hope he can get at least a bit of a pre-season in.

Salazar

Completely opposite from how I imagined, given your affection for certain musical persuasions. =\

tumblr_m065l9t21w1qiam6rwh.gif

JT says he will play despite busted ribs. I think he might get battered a little.

In declaring himself "fit" said:
Terry will play with painkillers and heavy strapping around his chest.

"I'm struggling a bit, to be honest," the defender said. "I got an elbow in the ribs about 20 minutes into the away leg and the doctors feared I'd fractured two of them. I thought it was OK but, later in the second half [on Wednesday], it just seemed to be getting worse and I was struggling to breathe. It was difficult. I have never felt anything like that before.

"I don't think it will mean I'm out at all. It's just a case of managing it, and things like that. I know there are ways around it. With the ribs you can't really do anything: you can't treat the injury or massage it to make it better. You just have to let it heal, but I can get through games, definitely. The guys have got a few ideas to get me through them."

elsk

Banned
This week is so freaking boring... it was cool when I was in school and everything but right now the holy week is just a nothing to do week :/

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
And that is why we don't want Melo back.
jeep-logo.gif

Our new sponsor, apparently? More after this morning's press event with Andrea Agnelli, John Elkann and Sergio Marchionne.

Hey, I'm okay with that!

My criteria for sponsors: 1-Font colour 2-Transparent logo

I remember Conte's ad for Jeep... hilariously terrible
2rVhQ.gif

F4DMw.jpg

“The road to success is long and steep, but it is much more manageable thanks to the flagship Jeep’s exceptional on- and off-road capabilities.”
2rVhQ.gif
2rVhQ.gif

Salazar

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has warned Sir Alex Ferguson off making an approach for highly-rated central defender Grant Hanley.

lol, what you gonna do about it you no-mark.

Another central defender ? Why the fuck would we ?

Yeah, I think there's no way Nani starts, but I can see Ferg wanting him to get a run.

Super Tom is what I'm hoping for. Fuck Le Pog until he signs.

Young and Valencia will start, no doubt. Nani will get some minutes and more serious rotation midweek.

Cleverley getting a run will depend on how Scholes is being managed. He might not even start again once during the run-in. Fergie does like that Carrick-Giggs partnership.

I've been a firm believer in Pogba's talent for a long time but he's not the only promising midfielder coming through our ranks. I still doubt it's little more than hardball contract tactics. He'd be going to Juventus to sit on the bench, otherwise; and mid-term, there's certainly more room for first team integration at Old Trafford. A short-term money grab would be the only explanation if it did happen.

FootballFan

Wenger making positive noises about Chamakh getting binned in the summer.

Good to hear. He is one of those players, you just forget they play for that team. Same thing with Ferreira at Chelsea lol. When he played(against Benfica?) I was like "wtf he is still at Chelsea?"
But at least Ferreira does an ok job..where as Chamakh is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom