• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

You have to wait til Sunday!

KKgxe.gif

I'll eat my mini eggs when I want.

neoanarch

Huge catholic family here.

Eggs? what the fuck you on about?

oh you guys are talking about easter. Is that coming up? Those crazy pagan rituals. glad my family isn't practising/church going and I went atheist before I was ten.

neoanarch

What kind of places do you lot live in where your nans/aunts etc don't buy you easter eggs. Pff.

Honestly I still have no idea what you guys mean by 'eggs'. We colored eggs as kids, we got candy of some sort. Someone post a chart so I understand whats going on.

Hixx

Honestly I still have no idea what you guys mean by 'eggs'. We colored eggs as kids, we got candy of some sort. Someone post a chart so I understand whats going on.

Large hollow egg-shaped chocolate. Sometimes with other chocolates/sweets inside

iNuTTGUb12RaX.jpg

GorillaJu

Good article by Michael Cox about Liverpool's problems

http://www.lifesapitch.co.uk/opinions/dalglishs-muddled-tactics-have-confused-liverpool/

But it’s been difficult for anyone – youngster or new arrival – to adapt to this Liverpool side, because they’re not sure what they’re adapting to. Dalglish admitted earlier in the season that Downing’s struggles were, at least in part, because he had been used in so many different positions. Dalglish is astute enough to realise that (and admit his own errors), so he must also realise that Downing’s struggles are a microcosm of his team’s.

The absence of Lucas Leiva has been punishing in so many ways, but perhaps the key was his simplicity. He was the one Liverpool player from who you knew what to expect. Deep in midfield every week, he was always available for a short pass, always on hand to break up an attack. He provided certainty in a team full of doubt.

Managers are often brought in as a response to the failings of their predecessor, and therefore strategically play the opposite type of system. Roy Hodgson’s side played with far too much structure. Dalglish’s side doesn’t have enough of it. There’s a happy medium somewhere.

For now, Liverpool remain a reactive side. They can win one-off games (this season they’ve beaten six of the seven sides currently ahead of them in the table), which explains their cup runs, but they struggle when they’re favourites and have to win the game with their natural style. The reason is obvious – it’s not clear what Liverpool’s natural style is.

And what do you do when your team is a mess? Well, I guess you can always cheer for the youngsters. A particularly bright thrashing of Villa in the reserve is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL9Jj-6LCBw - some class moments by Sterling, McLaughlin, Suso, and Eccleston. 3/4 of those have first team potential, for me.

Yen

Fun fact: the Nazis weren't keen on the whole Jesus aspect of Easter, so they renamed Easter eggs "Frühlingsschokoladenhohlkörper" which means "Spring hollow bodied chocolate egg"

Hixx

Fun fact: the Nazis weren't keen on the whole Jesus aspect of Easter, so they renamed Easter eggs "Frühlingsschokoladenhohlkörper" which means "Spring hollow bodied chocolate egg"

Hmm. There's today's project. Learn how to pronounce "Frühlingsschokoladenhohlkörper". Shit has nothing on supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

neoanarch

True fact: total bullshit, don't come in here spouting that nonsense.

neoanarch

Woah man, sorry. Anyway, I was quoting "Germany: The Third Reich 1933-45 by Geoff Layton"

5TG24.jpg

He may be wrong but take it easy, probably accident/didn't know. edit: As I thought.

No I understand. How it could have been a mistake. But I find it kind of insulting when history is whitewashed like that. I'm not familiar with the book. But I can assure you if they did rename easter eggs it wasn't because they were against Jesus or the church. Quite the opposite.

Slizz

Hard-boiled eggs or deviled eggs. Those are the eggs you eat around Easter....

Then you finish off a Cadbury egg for dessert.

Salazar

Ferg says there will be significant rotation.

And this:

Reports on Valencia having surgery

“I don’t know where that story has come from – it’s never been on the agenda or discussed. He has a plate in there and at the moment it stays there. His form has been unbelievable. When you get players hitting form, their best form, at this time of the season, it’s a bonus.”

FootballFan

Fuck an egg that has something inedible inside it.

KinderSurprise only needs .5cm thick chocolate to be the best, that's how good it is.
Though I loved them much more when there was more effort/better toys. Not when you get puzzles..

edit
just to be clear, best chocolate EGG, not best chocolate.

vv that's not a funny pic :( Well at least not to me.

FootballFan

:lol
I love it how he stares RIGHT at the camera. Was probably saying to himself "Well, that's going to be .gif'd"

edit
Lol, didn't notice Pappe posted it too. To be fair though I have seen Drogba and Pepe do the exact same thing(gif's are much rarer though, of course). Pretty stupid cause its useless to even look.

One can hope. I salute anyone who becomes a Villa fan right now temporary or otherwise. Outlook bleak, storms likely.

A Liverpool win is highly likely, but we are slightly better on the road than at home and its hard to see how our performances can get much worse.

The only upside is we are getting to see our academy players get more pitch time (they have to, we have no-one else).

Yea, let's get more Weimann on the pitch, did we recall Delfounseo? If not, McLeish must not like him.

And that is why we don't want Melo back.

Hey, I'm okay with that!

My criteria for sponsors: 1-Font colour 2-Transparent logo

I remember Conte's ad for Jeep... hilariously terrible http://i.imgur.com/2rVhQ.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/F4DMw.jpg[IMG]

“The road to success is long and steep, but it is much more manageable thanks to the flagship Jeep’s exceptional on- and off-road capabilities.” [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/2rVhQ.gif
2rVhQ.gif

Don't ever buy a Jeep, unreliable and kind of pieces of shit.

Only eggs I really care about are creme eggs.

Yay! Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom