• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • On Bilbao's recent form: "The work that went into those performances on an energy level could just power up the grid of small countries."
  • Messi cross to Piqué a "genius ball that's delivered with a bouquet of flowers, with love, to Gerard."
  • "When Messi sends you the wrong way, you have to pay to get back in the stadium."

I'll be nervous about every game from here on in. Especially Everton, I'm so sure we'll lose points there..still remember last years game, Hernandez's winner, mannnnn.

They had a guy from SSN the other day that said City's odds of a win this weekend are the longest they've been since they played you at Old Trafford.

Why is Ving Rhames white, a midget and a Man United supporter? Call me, I need to know.

hQ7vs.png

Clegg

Bolded for team I'd like to win tomorrow:

Sunderland vs Tottenham
Chelsea FC vs Wigan Athletic
Liverpool FC vs Aston Villa
Norwich City vs Everton FC - Don't care lol
West Bromwich Albion vs Blackburn Rovers
Bolton Wanderers vs Fulham FC - Don't care lol
Stoke City vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - CAN'T BELIEVE WE DREW TO WOLVES

Fixed

FootballFan

Nice stuff you got there Messi, congrats! The Bilbao kit looks great too. Here, a photo of my kits taken just a few minutes ago:

549355_571834992851_192000556_30932195_1452848419_n.jpg

Fady
3 Barca Jerseys
4 Chelsea Jerseys
Chelsea Supporter Confirmed.

:p

Cant reply to all the times you quoted me here but thanks for agreeing with most of what I said and glad you liked the links I put up. :D

edit:
Oh and good to know that I always pronounced it correctly Mr. Fah-Dee

FootballFan

Any of you ever made it onto the BBC Live Text? Just made it onto the Masters one! I feel famous!

No but I did make it onto espn Soccernet Press Pass. :D (Well not me personally, but my question made it), had a laugh seeing my name on T.V.
Derek Rae and Tommy Smyth(douchebag) discussing my question felt good.

Carbonox

Letting Swansea pass the ball around as much as they want was a great tactic from Newcastle. Krul was great, as was our defence (and supporting players). Let them kick the ball around, get it off them either via interception/tackles or because their final ball was shite, hit on the break with great passes and counter attacks. Swansea had no chance due to our superior attack.

FootballFan

6xlTs.png

Sweet lord

Wow. I think this is why those percentages of successful passes about Xavi having less than Britton are useless(still cool). Xavi attempts(I assume) much more dangerous balls/through balls yet still has such a high completion rate.

Where as Brittons passes seem more safe. Still though, even completing passes just backwards aren't that easy, ask Carrick :p

dc89

Not if you beat West Brom (totally possible) and put QPR in the relegation zone since Man United will clobber them.

Agent Hughes is going to come good. He will turn United over and City will beat Arsenal, it's back on!! City-GAF just have to believe!

It's over already :(

GorillaJu

I would love to see QPR give United a hard time. They do have the capacity to put hurt on teams that lose concentration (of course this has never been United's weak point).

Still blows me away that we could completely dominate them for 70 minutes, and then give up a 2 goal lead and LOSE by the end. Ugh!

Don't worry. You only have to look at what Zamaparini says before matches to understand how motivated Palermo will be. "Six starting players missing? We've got nothing to lose and we'll definitely beat Juve!" Zamparini before Palermo - Milan with far less players missing: "We're going to lose for sure. We have no chance. Milan is amazing!"

Silvio-Berlusconi.jpg

For fuck's sake
3JFD9.gif
3JFD9.gif
It pays to suck Berlusconi's dick I guess.
Literally

0Eoaw.jpg

how can Galliani always look so hilarious?

Lightning

Banned
I would love to see a Bendtner hat trick today!!!!!

I would love to see QPR give United a hard time. They do have the capacity to put hurt on teams that lose concentration (of course this has never been United's weak point).

Still blows me away that we could completely dominate them for 70 minutes, and then give up a 2 goal lead and LOSE by the end. Ugh!
The mere mention of QPR irritates me. I can't believe they bloody beat us...

I hope United thrash them 6-0. Put them back in their place.

Fry

Blablurn

Hahah, that song got crazy popular, I even heard it playing on half-time of some Bundesliga matches.

I really would love to go see a match, even if it's just one. Germany or Italy would be fucking amazing to watch.

it was number 1 in germany until last week haha. it's a catchy one.

Blackhead

Redarse
Wow, Drake turned up in a Newcastle shirt too!

2EIPW.jpg
I see what you did there
How dare you

Annie's pretty young, we try not to sexualise her

To be fair, I got all that from a few gifs. That cleavage one in particular.
Brie played a 'slut' in real life too http://www.nerve.com/love-sex/true-stories/true-stories-homosexual-schmomosexual
Love her all the more for it :)
Palermo over Juventus, first L of the season, calling it now.
Nah. Expecting Juve to go unbeaten yet not win the title. Only in the Series A

Fady K

Oh my god, Fady. That's a lot of replies.

I know bro! It took me forever as I left the thread for a few weeks! Lesson learned :0

Fady isn't pronounced Fay-dee?!

I don't know what to believe any more...

Here's some trivia: Back in my mid-teen years, when I was a diehard Eminem fan (I barely listen to any songs these days, how the times have changed) they used to call me "Slimfady (fay-dee) in school and I loved it. But that's that. I'm a bigger Alex Ferguson fan than I am Eminem's today :p

Yeah I bought an SD card to mod it but haven't done so yet. I'll PM you when I'm in the mood to play it and you can guide me through the steps :D

Sure, let me know! I'll start my copy in a month or so, I'll share impressions! The folks behind it made one of my all time favorites, Xenosaga Episode III, so I can't wait really.

Hey Fady!

Woodenlung <3 <3 <3 And Palermo play JUVENTUS today?? Wow, should be quite a game! Enjoy it :)!

Longest multi quote post I've ever seen xD. Welcome back Fady, you know this thread misses you. Even though I haven't been posting a lot, I always read what people say in this thread ;).
Also this is our league table:
http://www.zerozero.pt/edicao.php?id_edicao=22951

Tommorow we play Braga at their stadium and Benfica visits Sporting. This weekend might decide who'll win the league. If I don't post here after tommorow, it's because we lost and I'm gonna commit suicide or hibernate or something xD

Thank you RaGe :]! I appreciate all the kind words. Like you, prior to that megapost, I was just reading around here and there. Your team has been doing so well in recent weeks, today is a big day for the top 2. Don't worry, hopefully they will do great. I still think they were a bit unlucky against City in the Europa League, hopefully winning the title this season will give them a boost.

fady is greek? ti kanis malaka? well... thats about the only greek i know. my dad is greek. and i look greek. but that's it haha. but nice to see i'm not the only one here with some hellenic roots.

Whoa Blablurn you are Greek? I thought you were German :0! BTW we share something big in common - we both don't know a lick of Greek! My pops passed away when I was very young and he was my only connection to the language -_-.

Fady!!!! But my god what a SHITTY avatar......

Good to see you posting again anyway!

HAHA thanks Lightning ;D BTW the avatar is just a joke :p Congrats on 3rd place. Looks like there's little to no chance of Champions League football for Chelsea :'(

I don't wanna cry
again
Fadee
MxLOg.gif

Have faith son ;D He'll end it on a high note at least. Plus you never know, a few more Milan draws and suddenly you're level ;D

Fady's multi quote...

larry-david-faint.gif

I need a nap.

Did you see my Chelsea jerseys at least :p? Bro I hope we don't draw or lose later on today >_< Otherwise we'll be fighting for 5th place lol :p

Rad-

Apparently James Rodriguez has said he would love to join United. Porto fans, is he any good and how much would you ask for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom