• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.
maxi! way to make the most of that slight shirt pull. ref was always going to give it to us after the decisions we've been getting. maybe these things do even out over the season.

goal zlatan. 1-0

i really like lopez, hard working motherfucker.

Wait did Kilmarnock really give 3 stands to Celtic fans? If true what a joke that league is
Their fans would have been spread out the stadium but only occupied one stands worth of seats. They had some kind of vote and 90% were in favour of giving 3 stands to Celtic as it would mean they would sell out for the first time this season and the revenue would be important for the club.

It's crazy that when Celtic come to town, who you'd say are the biggest draw along with Rangers, they can only sell one stands worth of tickets. What's it like when they play St Mirren?!

I hate it when the lunchtime game is this shite

I've been watching in bed nursing my man flu, now to go and pick the nipper up from my dads and watch Disney Junior as Rovers get beat

that penalty was almost as soft as the barca one. slight tug on shirt, ball nowhere near him, embellished dive.

except this time maxi wasn't also fouling and the ball was actually in play.

im still salty over that if no one can tell

1-0 Gomez

iLQ1Qs7ci9NoB.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Frank said:
ref was always going to give it to us after the decisions we've been getting.
That's not how it works
Frank said:
maybe these things do even out over the season.
And that's not officially how it works.

We're still waiting anyway :)

Zabojnik

that penalty was almost as soft as the barca one. slight tug on shirt, ball nowhere near him, embellished dive.

except this time maxi wasn't also fouling and the ball was actually in play.

im still salty over that if no one can tell

Yeah, no. There was basically no pull to speak of here. It's a gifted penalty, admitting it shouldn't be so hard.

bjaelke

We have won the league 5 out of the last 7 years, if anything Bjaelke would call me a glory hunter. :p

(also we were in the knockout stages of CL last year and we did well a few years ago beating United, Ajax and Celtic in champions league, not complete shit, just right now!)

Glory hunter.

There. I said it.

I hate the team for getting my hopes up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Commentator "Not the most convincing penalty decision of the season"

You can say that again :p

edit: SKY "Questionable penalty"

Well if SKY is calling it questionable then it's gotta be! :eek:

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Horrible, horrible game. Sandro looked like he'd won a competition, utter shite and narrowly avoided a red card on 3 occasions. Sunderland set up to draw and that's fine, our passing was simply dogshit and never looked like creating a chance. I'll take the point and 3rd place but that was our worst passing display of the season.

Zabojnik

Commentator "Not the most convincing penalty decision of the season"

You can say that again :p

edit: SKY "Questionable penalty"

Well if SKY is calling it questionable then it's gotta be! :eek:

I ain't even mad. The scudetto race was over as soon as Milan dropped out of CL. And at the slightest sign of trouble ... Galliani pawa. Sigh. Let's secure the CL spot for next year and keep our fingers crossed for a decent mercato in the summer.

sohois

what a disappointing Liverpool line-up, sometimes i just have no idea what must be going on in training given the constantly bizarre selections being put out.

To top it off, i come home to find out the game on TV is some shitty Chelsea match, not that Liverpool would be any more exciting, but still, this is exactly what i didn't want after the gf left me with a massive case of blue balls.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I ain't even mad. The scudetto race was over as soon as Milan dropped out of CL. And at the slightest sign of trouble ... Galliani pawa. Sigh. Let's secure the CL spot for next year and keep our fingers crossed for a decent mercato in the summer.

Pretty much.

I guess we're the only ones going to shit blood by the end of this season. Out of frustration :p

GorillaJu

I noticed this during the friendlies last summer, but I dig Doni's short sleeved keeper shirt. Looks manly. Casillas-esque. Hope he has something nice to show us.

RAI commentators are split - some say there was a tug, some say there wasn't. no camera caught the angle that the ref saw, which is undoubtedly the clearest angle.

so why not give the ref the benefit of the doubt? juve fans think all of our penalties are gifted, so maybe that's why.

Zabojnik

RAI commentators are split - some say there was a tug, some say there wasn't. no camera caught the angle that the ref saw, which is undoubtedly the clearest angle.

so why not give the ref the benefit of the doubt? juve fans think all of our penalties are gifted, so maybe that's why.

If by 'tug' you mean 'had a hand on Maxi's chest', then yes, it was a clear penalty.

UN SOLO GRIDO PARTE A RAZZO, VOGLIAMO JOVETIC, DAI CAZZOOOO!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom