• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT8| Made it to the Championship play-offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kozak

Banned
Apparently Melo and Riera got into a fight.

fft1mm1698752.jpg

Good start to the Liverpool vs Villa game, Downing did very well there, decent effort from Kuyt. Close.

WBA lead vs Blackburn. Sorry Jeff.

Arnie

Lovely run and cross from Downing, wish he could do that consistently, not just against his former team.

Seen the Fiorentina goal pop up, good stuff.

GorillaJu

Close. Great work by Downing. If we can actually keep that up, we'll score loads.

We just need to not feel bad for ourselves and keep working until it goes in.

Zabojnik

Fiorentina is truly a terrible team. Serie B can't come soon enough for them. C'mon Marotta, Jovetic is waiting!

Lol, goleada incoming. Ibra, Ibra, Emanuelson, Maxi Lopez. I'm calling it.

Suarez mad. Think he had a pretty good case there...wasn't an "intentional" hand ball and that is the rule but...was quite a distance between Suarez and the defender...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
hahaha

Looks like the Carling Cup is it for 'Pool if this clown is in goal at Wembley.

Fry

I just saw MI:4 for the first time. What a fun fucking movie. No dull points and not too over the top cheese.

I'm still about to watch it, can't fuuucking wait, but I think I'll re-watch III first.

Oh, and go see my posts in the Community thread. ;)

Villa fans singing, "How shit must you be, we're winning away". :lol

I just saw MI:4 for the first time. What a fun fucking movie. No dull points and not too over the top cheese.
Good movie! Moscow sequence was my favourite bit.

Also, dat Apple technology.

Slizz

I'm still about to watch it, can't fuuucking wait, but I think I'll re-watch III first.

Oh, and go see my posts in the Community thread. ;)

Awesome man, another one hooked. It only gets better IMO but if you go by the official thread it gets worse, there are a lot of haters.

This last episode that happened Thursday is one of my favorite episodes of Community all time. Don't spoil it though! Wait till you get there.

Feorax

Gerrard is fucking awful at the moment. He does nothing to support Suarez, and constantly seems to be fucking around in our own half.

Kyoufu

I thought his hand went towards the ball as it was kicked (although consistent with his running motion I'll grant). There are only so many physical identifiers for intention.

Definitely just his running motion. Nobody tries to deliberately handball a cross in the box (unless they're fucking daft).

Slizz

Watched it last night. Some of the worst CG in a big budget movie since the new Indiana Jones movie. Film itself was a mixed bag.

Eh, it's an action 'blockbuster' movie that shit is gonna happen. I went in waiting specifically for action scenes and I was never bored and the bridge from action scene to action scene was done very well.

sohois

Dont see that Doni could really have done much about that goal; regardless whether he touched the ball or not, it was always going to reach the Villa player at the far post, the goal really arose from Shelvey's poor header and Flanagan getting caught out by it.

GorillaJu

Dont see that Doni could really have done much about that goal; regardless whether he touched the ball or not, it was always going to reach the Villa player at the far post, the goal really arose from Shelvey's poor header and Flanagan getting caught out by it.

It was a lapse of concentration and a wonderful finish, really. Bummer to concede but you can't take much away from Villa there.

Kyoufu

Sorry Liverpool fans but I really see Everton knocking you out of the FA Cup. Kenny is going to be under major scrutiny.

Yen

Definitely just his running motion. Nobody tries to deliberately handball a cross in the box (unless they're fucking daft).

Doesn't matter if he didn't "deliberately" handball. If the arm is in an unnatural position - not at your side - it's handball and a free kick/penalty.

Everton take the lead, Jelavic. Day gets worse for Liverpool.

Need Everton to falter soon, they're building up a head of steam...play them at OT soon, worried.

Doesn't matter if he didn't "deliberately" handball. If the arm is in an unnatural position - not at your side - it's handball and a free kick/penalty.
The rules say it has to be intentional don't they?

Obv. the rule is not always applied in that way.

I thought the Mumbai stuff was a bit ludicrous in MI4, that magnet suit thing was retarded, and pointless. But until then it's brilliant, the Burj Dubai stuff was top quality action. Easily the best of the MI films. Brad Bird should just be given as much money as he wants to make his next film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom